It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Feet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Is this a kiddie film or is it a message to the world?
Those who have seen this film may agree that it has a not so underlying message of stop arctic fishing and wer're killing the world by oil drilling. I think they should leave kids movies as kids movies not a protesting/propiganda film. Tell me what you think.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Its not just that one. All the newer childrens films have underlying political themes.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Maybe some way to tell the kids not to act as stupid as the generations before them?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This was discussed on the TV news channels for a while when it first came out. The penguins basing humans as destroying the world but that the UN was the great hope that could save all the cute little critters from the rest of us bad humans.

Propaganda by cartoon to the youth .. you betchya.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think that these messages being put across to the children is crucial to their understanding of the world. What harm can it do. We need to teach the littl'uns as young as possible so they grow up knowing about the impact their actions could have on the planet and their quality of life.

It's just the same as teaching them smoking is bad and not to talk to strangers except on a bigger scale.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hmm, haven't seen that one so maybe my reply was a bit inaccuarate.
Believing that the UN would solve anything is just plain dumb.
A good friend of my father (they met during their period in the SpecOps here in my country) went to Iraq during the current war but not to fight but to do some charity work through his organistation "The Star of Hope" (direct translation). First they met with the UN in Kuwait City to discuss what to do. After a week of meaningless discussions leading absolutely nowhere he got fed up, left the party, got out, hired a truck and an interpreter, went to Basra, asked the local hostiple what they needed. They got the answer; Oxygen. So he went back to Kuwait, got the Oxygen and delivered it to the hospital before the UN staff had even decided what to have for lunch. Of course this sounds a bit simple, he did get fired at and lots of other trouble but he, ONE man did 100 times more than what the UN had done. The UN is just another over-sized, corrupt, byrocratic institution. Even my father can agree with this even though he fought with them back in the 60's.

Sad story. Isn't it part of their manifest to create a "New World Order"?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I saw it. It was a cute movie until the UN got involved.

Isnt it bad enough we all send our kids to government training from 7-3 everyday? Now every movie has to have an agenda. This is exactly the reason I myself have stopped going to the movies. In so sick of Hollywood telling me Im stupid and if I dont live the way they want me to live the Earth is doomed.

Now I cant even go to kids movies without. I wouldve been 10% as mad as I am now if they just left it as a moral on moderation and maybe strip mining the rainforest and salting the Earth isnt the best thing to do but to pull the UN into it and make them seem like saviors of mankind!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?

Thats just way over any line. So far beyond any comprehension. I cant take it anymore.

Whats more frightening is how many people up on ATS seem to be UN fanboys and constantly blame peoples liberty for the worlds ills. It means the 2 or more generations of brainwashing have really worked. Im always amazed by how quickly that happens but I guess the Soviets did it faster than that and the Nazi's did it in record time. The fact that the global government has become so acceptable to so many over a longer period of time must help disguise its evils to many people. They start spouting crap like "its the natural progression of humanity."

God help you all.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It's more of a "natural regression of humanity"...

I hate the way they made mind control something not to worry about in the movie "The Manchurian Candidate". I was hoping that they would shine some light over the whole MK-Ultra/MK-delta thing. Instead they made a stupid movie making it look like a distant fantasy. Why did they not at least have a disclaimer stating that "this could very well have been the truth under different circumstances, Manchurian Candidates exsist and have exsisted under full control of the US goverment for a long time"?

"He lied to us through song! I hate when they do that!"
/Homer J. Simpson

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I saw Happy Feet as well and I admit that I liked the movie. I also support the inclusion of the environmental issues into the film. Would you want your kids to believe that Antarctica is just some sort of wintery wonderland where overfishing, pollution etc don't occur?

Also I've noticed 2 contrasting views of the U.N on ATS:
1. A bumbling, bureacratic, pitiful excuse of an organisation and
2. A nefarious, scheming movement designed to subvert and control the world.

But it didn't pin the U.N as some sort of 'super heroic' organisation. Like any organisation the U.N is riven with in-fighting between nations and the film displayed this as ambassadors argued over the ban. Also the U.N had to be in the film. I mean, where else would different nations be discussing the effects of pollution. It would'nt be the White House that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well, apart from the fact that they needed to find a solution to the Problem in a 30 second montage scene... A admittedly simplistic solution. But kids wouldn't be interested if the film suddenly bogged down in describing years of international fishing limitations negotiations.

Actually the movie showed individual people in a fairly good light. It wasn't a blanket "People Are Evil" film at all.

You Americans seem to confuse Co-operating with other nations with surrendering your freedom to them. And so you get paranoid of the UN and silly things like the Metric System.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
its a stupid movie about stupid birds that dance around and make medicore jokes.

ive been forced to watch commercials before another movie happens... and my adivce to you is if you want to watch a crappy movie watch happy feet

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar
I saw Happy Feet as well and I admit that I liked the movie. I also support the inclusion of the environmental issues into the film. Would you want your kids to believe that Antarctica is just some sort of wintery wonderland where overfishing, pollution etc don't occur?

True that...

But it didn't pin the U.N as some sort of 'super heroic' organisation. Like any organisation the U.N is riven with in-fighting between nations and the film displayed this as ambassadors argued over the ban.

Yeah, I guess you are right, at least to some extent. But still, if they are supposed to be what they claim to be they'd better get their act together and start doing some sereious reconstruction of the entire organisation. Way too many chairs in way too many organs of the UN that are covered by people who just sit there through their periods turning papers just so that thay can write on their next job-application "I spent so and so many years in the UN, choose me!"

Also the U.N had to be in the film. I mean, where else would different nations be discussing the effects of pollution. It would'nt be the White House that's for sure.

Good point.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurafoxs
Is this a kiddie film or is it a message to the world?
Those who have seen this film may agree that it has a not so underlying message of stop arctic fishing and wer're killing the world by oil drilling. I think they should leave kids movies as kids movies not a protesting/propiganda film. Tell me what you think.

It is a family film. There is no underlying message about artic fishing, it was a major plot point.
If there was any underlying message it was about Extra Terrestrials. I had hoped that this was the thread topic when I clicked on the link.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This was discussed on the TV news channels for a while when it first came out. The penguins basing humans as destroying the world but that the UN was the great hope that could save all the cute little critters from the rest of us bad humans.

Hardly
I recommend actually watching the movie to form an opinion instead of parroting someone else’s. The UN made a very brief appearance, maybe for 2.5 seconds. Humans were not made out to be the bad guys in the movie here. The POV of the main character saw them with wonder an fascination. He seeked out the humans to talk about the fishing problems and help his people. If anything the humans were made out to be saviors. At the end of the movie the penguin colony cheered when the humans appeared.

Originally posted by conspiracymaster
its a stupid movie about stupid birds that dance around and make medicore jokes.

ive been forced to watch commercials before another movie happens... and my adivce to you is if you want to watch a crappy movie watch happy feet

Wow that is a pretty strong review only from watching a commercial.
This movie is quite beautiful and has a strong theme of breaking barriers.

This is one of the few movies that I have to recommend to see in the theaters. Seeing the beautiful artic scenery and space imagery on the big screen was awe inspiring. I’d love to see this movie at IMAX.
Those who frequent the Aliens & UFOs forums have to see this movie. The pov of penguins (us) and humans (aliens) is really quite interesting.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

It is a family film. There is no underlying message about artic fishing, it was a major plot point.
If there was any underlying message it was about Extra Terrestrials. I had hoped that this was the thread topic when I clicked on the link.

well it could be that too, but seeing as how the extra terestrials are humans I'd say it's more about how we are the one's causing all the problems. I just found the whole e.t. thing a little overused in the film.

top topics

join