It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman wants Israel to join EU

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Guys, get back on topic. The topic is Lieberman trying to get Israel into the EU, not what countries helped the Jews during WWII. If you want to talk about the latter, make a new thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Dark Crystalline
exodus 2 is already functional......for the arab's.....!
there's a "crusade" already on the move.....
all the ingreadiands are there......look into the files of the 1930/40 years..were hate for jews was preached in posters ect....
we even have now concentrations camps...(guantanamo and the secret cia camps) ect...

will the humanaty never learn ......

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yes pie man I completely agree, Israel has no intention of ever joining the EU like it has never wished to join NATO. Independence is valued and trusted above all, look at the photo of the WJC members on hearing of the Molotov Ripentropp pact........... It speaks volumes

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wow there's a lot of heat in this discussion.

Least we not forget that there are many good willed, intelligent people that live in the state of Israel - many of which have originated from countries the world over, Israel is fast becoming the high-tech country of the Middle East. IMHO It would be far better to create a powerful Middle Eastern union that would include both Israel and a Palestinian state*, stop the fighting and grow stronger together! Imagine that, total freedom of movement amongst the people of the middle east, shame its just an ideological dream.

*Because its about time they had one too!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Okay. Let's close the arguing peacefully with few historical thing. My descendants, my nation have no connection to the Ashenazi Jews or other Jews. That's a fact. It's the same fact, that not the Jews were the Pirates of the Caribbean as they're claiming nowadays. Interesting theory, but no. If yes, your theory is correct, in this case, the British should be your main enemy, parallel with the former Nazi-Germans.

The Hungarians, or as we calling ourselves, Magyars are the descendants of the warrior race, Huns, the Scythians, the Avars, the Sumerians and the Finno-Ugrics. And we're also close relationship with the Turks. They're considering us as their sister country. And we likes them too. Turkey is our far sister land. As you can see, we're the descendants of famous warrior nations, like the Huns.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by English Speaking Alliance
Independence is valued and trusted above all, look at the photo of the WJC members on hearing of the Molotov Ripentropp pact........... It speaks volumes

What does this pact from 1930's have to do with joining the EU in 2007?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Okay, I read the entire topic and I dont see the problem with ISrael joining the EU. Come on, Dark Crystalline, Israel joining the EU would only benefit the war on terrorism. Help the EU's cause, and help the war effort. They are a strong nation. There are lots of woes with strong nations that you could pin point out that people have problems with. IMHO it's for the best.The problems that Israel has is far beyond a monstrosity. Its problems lies not at the gazza strip but at itself. IT has been in a state of perpetual warfare with other countries since 1960s, it won the six day war, and also, it has a strong army, why do you say that it should not join the EU just because of some arrogant person shooting civilians--even if it is for no reason-- Nato has had its share of problems with civil rights and liberties.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Maverickhunter]

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yeah. Benefit and profit. The only thing what is really count for them. We know what is the cost to benefit from Israel. Lies, blood, death, blackmailing, more blood, more lies... So. I would skip it. Honestly. We don't need massacres and liars. I hate liars and I hate killers.

That's sure the Hungarians are not going to support them (I know the background of it. Tensions are high.). And I would bet in a million, then almost no one in the EU are going to support them.

Otherwise if the Al Quida or other terrorist cells would be that powerful as the media is telling us, the U.S., the United Kingdom, nor the E.U. would be no more. Why? Because precision air strikes and special operations in Iraq and Afghanistan are not threatening cells, which are presumably operating independent, around the world, including in the U.S. and in the U.K.. The entire War on Terror is a fabricated stuff, started with 911, then the London bombing. It's a reason with an exact background. How is it possible, that the ETA or other less organized terrorist groups were able to make attacks between 2001 and 2006? Because they really want to do it. Eliminate or destroy something. If the so called Bin Laden and Co. would wanted to destroy the U.S., they had a chance multiple times. And nothing ordinary would be necessary to it, just some computer with a proper A.I. and a hacker (Just to know that's the easiest way to disable and destroy the country in 2007. Disrupt communication, collapse trading, hijack satellites, etc, etc... You can reach almost everything via the net. And that's a huge advantage. And you can't stop that with precision bombing.).

So, summary: We wouldn't benefit from a war, which is officially exists, but in the background, many people have doubt about it.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Dark Crystalline]

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Is the EU going to risk inviting a country into its midst that disobeys the requests of the UN from the very same people who help draft these UN Resolutions that Israel so loves to disregard? I doubt it very much.

SC Res 465

5. Determines that all measures taken by Israel to change the physical character, demographic composition, institutional structure or status of the Palestinian and other Arab territories occupied since 1967, including Jerusalem, or any part thereof, have no legal validity and that Israel's policy and practices of settling parts of its population and new immigrants in those territories constitute a flagrant violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War and also constitute a serious obstruction to achieving a comprehensive, just and lasting peace in the Middle East;

6. Strongly deplores the continuation and persistence of Israel in pursuing those policies and practices and calls upon the Government and people of Israel to rescind those measures, to dismantle the existing settlements and in particular to cease, on an urgent basis, the establishment, construction and planning of settlements in the Arab territories occupied since 1967, including Jerusalem;

7. Calls upon all States not to provide Israel with any assistance to be used specifically in connexion with settlements in the occupied territories;

8. Requests the Commission to continue to examine the situation relating to settlements in the Arab territories occupied since 1967, including Jerusalem, to investigate the reported serious depletion of natural resources, particularly the water resources, with a view to ensuring the protection of those important natural resources of the territories under occupation, and to keep under close scrutiny the implementation of the present resolution;

Full Resolution

Proof is in the pudding

Interior Ministry: West Bank settler population grew by 6% in 2006

By Shahar Ilan, Haaretz Correspondent and Reuters

The settler population in the West Bank grew by nearly 6 percent in 2006, more than quadruple the rate of increase a year earlier, government figures showed on Tuesday.

The Interior Ministry statistics did not indicate how many of the new arrivals were children born in the 126 settlements Israel has built in the West Bank.

According to the Interior Ministry, there were 268,379 Israelis living in the West Bank at the end of 2006, compared with 253,748 in 2005, a 5.8 percent increase.

As in past years, the greatest instances of growth were in the religious settlements of Upper Modi'in and Upper Beitar. Some 4,000 residents moved to Upper Modi'in in 2006, making it Israel's biggest settlement in the West Bank, with a population of 35,000. Upper Beitar gained about 2,000 new residents in 2006.

Illegal Settlements rising

Although I'm sure if they were admitted to the EU they would absolutely follow the rules and regulations.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I don't think Israel would agree to give up any of its sovereignty to the EU anytime soon, there's really no need to and Israel's actions would be harshly judged by the EU.

For once I agree with ThePieMaN

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

For once I agree with ThePieMaN

Oh! Ahlan wu sahlan feek!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join