It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman wants Israel to join EU

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Source

According to Lieberman, "The war we are waging in the Middle East is not a war of the state of Israel alone, it is a war of the entire free world, and we are situated on the front lines."

At least, that's what minister, facist and extremist, Lieberman suggests: Israel should join the EU and NATO.

First of all, I know a far better solution if Israel needs so badly to be part of a Union. Israel could become a new state of the United States of America. I'm sure Bush & co would like to adopt Israel. After all, Israel enjoys the financial back up and protection of the US already, this should be too hard to realize.

Why we, most Europeans, would not like Israel to join? We've been working on the creation of one European union for decades. A union intended primarily to limit the possibility of another war on European soil. By granting Israel membership we would have to subsidize Israel's defense and be at war with every nation Israel is and will be at war with.

Why would Europeans pay for the defense of a state that does not listen nor care about international rules, rights and regulations, not even about humanitarian rights. Israel cannot even stand any form of criticism and in case one tries to criticize Israel he'll get one simple answer: ''mind your own business'', let alone that Israel would listen to and obey Brussels.

Lieberman represents the Israeli people, but hopefully they don't share this ideology. I wouldn't be surprised if they did as a large percentage of the Israeli people does support his dogmas. We have gone through a war with Hitler and definitely do not have a desire for similar radical extremists.

Not to speak of the geographical location... since when belongs Israel to the European continent. They should be happy that they are able to play in European soccer competition, but membership of the European Union: I'm all against.

No way
Fortunately it's no official proposal.

For those who don't know Avigdor Lieberman, have a look at the following thread: ATS source

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Lieberman want new allies, after the U.S. is not supporting Israel's Nuke plan against Iran. But Lieberman is mistaken if he believes that the members of the EU will go into war just for them. Why can't they simply sit back and relax. Leave the EU, including my country alone.

99% of the European countries are not supporting the acts of Israel, nor anything else, what is on the Middle East. It's not our continent. We want to leave it alone (With the exception of Blair and some other PMs of course.). So, even if they're turning to us, want to join to the EU, they will be disappointed. Plus, the ultra-right wings and nationalism is became popular in the last two years all over in the EU. While the media is trying to deny this, Israel is not welcomed in the European Union, nor in it's member states/countries.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
In comparison with some of the 'joke states' of eastern eurrope that have been admitted over the last decade, then Israel would be extremely welcomed by a majority of Brits. It's a first world successful nation for heavens sake! It can go it alone, unlike the soviet castoffs we now have as our burden. How many grovelling Israelis are going to flood our shores for our benefits system? Very few in comparison with millions of these eastern europeans. Then again I'm British so ignore me Israel. Listen to continental europe, they will never back you, as they will never back the UK and the USA. Continentals have a chip on their shoulder you see, a hundred years of defeat and betrayal. Forget the continentals Israel, they let you down in the holocaust and they'll let you down again. Trust the USA and the UK and forget the rest, they don't count (in world affairs) anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well. As I see, they can count on the British... hehehe. Yeah. For sure. A little statistics. Anti-Semitism have risen there in the last two years significantly, just as in France, Germany, Hungary, Austria and few other countries. Okay. Even if the British is going to give them a green light, don't count for a friendly welcome. Remember. Most of the countries are based on the Christian religion. And after Nationalism is started to get back to the top, no one want Israel in the EU.

Another fact. Israel is not a successful nation. Maybe in the news and advertisements. I know many Israeli men and women, whose have fled from there, because my little country, Hungary is much-much better, then Israel. And as we know, Hungary is not a state of an art country. Especially not with the current PM and especially not for the Israelis, after we're Christians, the land is based on the Christian religion, just as the rest of Europe. But this little country, with it's 1000 year of history is a successful country, because it's still there where we've founded more then a 1000 year ago and survived much greater threat then most of the nations. We're Huns after all. Great warriors. We were almost the only ones, whose had enough bravery to fight against the Communism. So, don't underestimate this little country and it's citizens.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by English Speaking Alliance
In comparison with some of the 'joke states' of eastern eurrope that have been admitted over the last decade,

Bear in mind that most countries were forced to join the Soviet block.

It can go it alone,

If membership is granted your tax money will go to Israeli war toys. You might find that desirable, I rather want my money to be invested in the education and economies of our Eastern European members, it does not only bring (economic) prosperity to them, also to us.

unlike the soviet castoffs we now have as our burden.

You must be very hypocritical, on one hand you'd like to see your money to be invested into a warmachine, while you wouldn't like to limit the possibility of war on the European continent. (economic prosperity and education limit this threat level).

How many grovelling Israelis are going to flood our shores for our benefits system?

I can assure you that there are more autochthon British citizens parasitizing social benefits than Polish immigrants. They are like Mexicans and work very very hard.

as they will never back the UK and the USA.

If all British would share your opinion you might want to ask uncle Bush to adopt Britain as well. The more United States the better huh?
Perhaps puppet Blair could stay as well?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Forget the continentals Israel, they let you down in the holocaust and they'll let you down again.

This is a very interesting statement. Perhaps you are capable of elaborating it.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Forget the continentals Israel, they let you down in the holocaust and they'll let you down again.

You're mistaken here a little bit. We never let down Israel. The real fact is, we never was their ally. That's a HUGE difference.

Plus, if you would know the history the Holocaust was between 1939-1945 and the current Israel Mk2 was founded later. So no one let Israel Mk2 down that time, because it's not existed under that period.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Dark crystalline you make me laugh, oooo Hungary, the Magyars in Europe, still there after a thousnad years! Wow........ jeez......... big deal, Israel is STILL THERE in Isreal after Three thousand years. Who knows Dark C, in three thousand years you may be back where you belong, in eastern asia? Believe me Israel is a success, unlike your burden of a state taken up be the affluent west so as to prevent the Russian sphere of influence. Over the last hundred years Hungary has effectively been, to put it simply on the decline, sort of shrinking away, from Transylvania, Slovakia, Serbia, etc...... Israel on the other hand is an example of growth. Answer me this, are more Israelis investing in Budapest in comparison with Hungarians investing in Jerusalem?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Uhmmm... This Israel has only existed since 1948. The majority of the current Israeli's are not Israelites (from two thousand years ago). They are two different kinds of populations. The current Israeli's are mainly descendants of Eastern Europeans (Khazars), and of other different former nationalities.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The thing is I just don't see the advantage of Israel joining a group of 'has beens' in old Europe that are totally irrelevent in world affairs. Yeah France is a member of the Big Five, apart from that please tell me? Forget the continental historical states of the past. The UK and the USA have independent foreign policies, I suggest israel with her alliances follows the same.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Bandit you bring up some interesting thoughts and I am inclined to agree with your statement. At the same time forget the population being from here or there Bandit, it's the spirit that counts, and that Israeli spirit is the same spirit of three thousand years ago. I still stand by the same idea never trust the continentals. Two millenia of continental state mandated anti semitism prove this to every Israeli. EU? Forget it!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yeah. For three thousand years... with app. one or two thousand years of advertisement break. Yeah. Sure. 3000. Meditate on this a little.

Otherwise... if you would know the truth about the origin of Israel and it's former citizens, you should know that the current Israelis are not the descendants of the that time known Israelis. They're just claiming that. The Israelis were Arabic/Black and not White/Caucasians.

Believe me. My country is going to banish the Israelis and their friends in this year, because they've caused those troubles, which were in the last year. They've lied, soled out our country, lied again, what is usual between their kind. And we don't care if they're bringing their dirty money away, because as we know the strategy of Israel, blood is attaching to their money. Blood of innocent children, whose were massacred by the thugs of the IDF. Pack and leave our country alone.

Oh. I've forgot to answer your question. They're investing into our country, because compared to Israel, our country is safe and stable. It's not determined by anyone, that Hungary will be wiped out. Plus, the Hungarian parts of Romania, Slovakia, Slavia are wishing to declare their independence and join back to the Hungarian motherland. It seems, they will succeed.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Israel is STILL THERE in Isreal after Three thousand years.

Big deal, chinese culture has been established since the last 5000 years so whats your point? like whos been there longer?

Just stirring up some hate

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
As much as I dislike the Israeli government and its policies, I feel this would benefit its citizens very nicely. I would hope stability does occur in the region, with help influence from other countries on Israel, rather than the Israeli government doing what they want without any backlash. If they join and they commit the same crimes against humanity that they are doing currently, I can see the EU punishing them either financially or through sanctions. Maybe this will be a way to control Israel's actions, but I wouldn't think Israel would fully follow other nation's advice, considering US will back Israel no matter what happens, even if they anger the EU.

Just to note, the true land of Israel from the OT had borders going into the Jordan and Lebanese territories. Infact, the true land owners of the Israel are the Canaanites, who were murder by the Israelites for their land. The current descendants of the Canaanites are the Lebanese.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
old news.
Many Israelis see themselves as Europeans. Its only matter of time before they join and I would welcome them in the EU too. Plus, Israeli is planning on joining the Commonwealth of Nations too (former British Empire coloneys)

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Dark C you and your 'friends' are going to banish Israel from your country? Lol you Hungarians are real funny. You rely on Israel more than ever. You mention the IDF? The IDF is a great force, I bet in '56 you wish you'd had such a successful military instead of the pathetic resistance that achieved nothing against their golliath!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well. I've seen some classified videos of your great IDF and I can tell you, that we're proud that we don't have such a barbarian force, then the thugs of so called IDF. You believe if the news are not telling that they've slaughtered and beaten many INNOCENT CIVILIANS in their homes, it's not existing??? I saw many pictures where they've presented proudly how they've massacred the unarmed civilians. Such a heroes. At least my nation is not killing unarmed civilians, children, women and men. Israel is barbarian state, nothing more. And my country is never depended on Israel. Believe me. I know the history and the current events of my country very well. And I'm sad, when some sort of warmongering fanatic idiot is just hailing such a serial killers, then the IDF and their so called great nation, Israel.

You know what? Just open your eyes. Here are few pictures, just to see clearly, what the IDF is doing with innocents. What they're really hiding from you and the world.

www.jewwatch.com...

I hope these pictures are going to open your eyes. Don't tell me that those 1-5 year old children was a threat against your so called IDF. Search the site and you will find more.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The thing is I just don't see the advantage of Israel joining a group of 'has beens' in old Europe that are totally irrelevent in world affairs. Yeah France is a member of the Big Five, apart from that please tell me? Forget the continental historical states of the past. The UK and the USA have independent foreign policies, I suggest israel with her alliances follows the same.

We've a nationalist here. If you think British influence on world affairs is as it was about three centuries ago, you are very wrong. Britain concurs with the Bush policies made in Washington. If that's your definition of British power projection, well dream on I'd say. My definition for such acting is a puppet regime.
By ''independent foreign policies'' you probably mean going seperately into Iraq? Not to disrespect our other British members, but if thinking that Britain is a more important factor in world issues than the European Union as a whole is pure ignorance, nor have you been capable of of elaborating my request on you statement:

''mainland Europe let Israel down during world war II''.
I might add: what did Britain recently accomplish on an international level which is a projection of its power; without US or other involvement.

Originally posted by DJMessiah
As much as I dislike the Israeli government and its policies, I feel this would benefit its citizens very nicely. I would hope stability does occur in the region, with help influence from other countries on Israel, rather than the Israeli government doing what they want without any backlash. If they join and they commit the same crimes against humanity that they are doing currently, I can see the EU punishing them either financially or through sanctions. Maybe this will be a way to control Israel's actions, but I wouldn't think Israel would fully follow other nation's advice, considering US will back Israel no matter what happens, even if they anger the EU.

Which is where the crucial problem lies. Every person on here who would think that Israel would obey to principles of the European Union is a lunatic. Period.

Those sanctions you're suggesting wouldn't work as the US vetoes every single sanction that could possibly harm Israeli interests.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh dear........my oh my...........we have a 'typical' continental, see this man Israel, do not trust him or his kind. One who quotes from a TYPICAL ANTI SEMITIC SITE AS JEW WATCH! Dear oh dear why would any nation want to join such a degenerate bunch? Israel these people of the third world of the first world are not worth joining. They matter for none. They are irrelevant in world affairs. Jew watch for heavens sake............. a leopard never changes its spots!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
MDV2 yes mainland EU let the people of Israel down during ww2, they were slaughtered en masse. The only exception Bulgaria, Denmark, and to be fair to DC, Hungary for the most part. The rest if not conspirators conveniently looked the other way.

<<   2  3 >>

join