It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather Watch 2007

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Europe is having strange weather

www.abovetopsecret.com...

apparently, 500 people are dead in Hungary due a heatwave, 30 in Romania and two in Bulgaria.

As mentioned above you infinte, don't forget the rain that's hit us.

Climate change is very real, and happening right in front of our eyes.

Worst floods in modern history. UK

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Denied]

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The weather sure is weird this year. Here in the Netherlands we've had warmer than normal weather in the past few years but this year totally excists out of rainfall and thunderstorms. I live near a big church and the clock has already stopped a couple of times because it's been struck by lightning. Also some marble size hail which is quite unusual for the time of year.

But I'm still dry and safe out here. I'm more worried for the people in the U.K.
I hope you guys/girls will make it safe out of there.

Juliet

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As someone from the UK I am surprised that none of the news channels have reported these other extreame weather conditions.

Here we have some woman on the news crying and saying we can put men on the moon and yet we can not stop floods, when really she should be thanking god (or whatever deity you believe in) that she lives in the UK and the only thing she has lost is some furniture, where as in other countries 100's of people have died to the extreame weather, we have what 3-4 fatalities here in the UK right now, 2 being twins born prematurly, 1 body found in the floods and 1 man missing.

The UK News Chanels really need to start putting some perspective on what is happening.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
From all the report here in florida, we are having a classic summer..
Nothing to report here, everything is working as normal here in Tampa bay area.
I do know we are comming into hurricane season agin soon.. 2 years ago the weather was really wacky, we had 35 hurricanes in one year, next year we had like 5. Now its the 3rd year, we have reports of the weather being classic, and nothing to worry about.. So I guess we shall see what happens with the hurricanes this up comming season..

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I found an article on Reuters that sums up the current situation pretty well:
Early 2007 saw record-breaking extreme weather: U.N.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
In SA, Texas we have already had enough rainfall to be the 2nd wettest year ever. The storms are ore powerful than i remember ever seeing in my lifetime. The temp is about 10 to 20 degrees cooler than normal.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Here we go again, the weather is dry and the forecast looks like mostly isolated thunderstorm activity, which usually means you might or might not see rain.

There are just too many bright and sunny days, or those cloudy "teaser" days. We need those soaking rainy days.

Troy

[edit on 12-8-2007 by cybertroy]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Fall like weather in August

It's about 55F outside now in New York City! It's wonderful, I hate the heat.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I am ready to DIE here in Nashville. And I don't have A/C in my truck.

We have set so many heat related records during the past month.

[edit on 8/22/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It's been quite hot here in Virginia as well. It is also humid. Next week is apparently supposed to be the same thing. I don't get why we aren't seeing more thunderstorms in situations like this?

Troy

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne
It was 83 *F here in Tampa, FL USA (Jan 7th, 07).
It's usually in the 50's sometimes dipping into the 20s in the mornings and night....Why is it so damned hot around the world?!

Incorrect. I moved here on Dec. 29, 2001. Moving from snow storms that chased us out of the state, we enjoyed 79'f weather on New Years, and have virtually every new years since. Janurary has been roughly in the 70's during a good part of the month, and then in Feb. it's been nasty cold and rain to go with it (I worked construction the first 2 winters here and it sucked even for having Michigan blood). At least since I've been here anyways.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well, it's been muggy and hot off and on for the last month.
All the rain from July and August arrived in the last week.
Probably 3-4 inches in the last week. Of course, the midwest is drenched right now, and we're better off than most.

What was weird was the fact that there were perhaps as many as FIVE tornadoes yesterday afternoon in SE Michigan.

That's weird.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Ok folks, this is getting ridiculous. I'm done with Summer. It's pretty hot here today. Well, looks like we have some cool weather coming though.

Are any of the folks in the drought areas now getting better rainfall? It is nasty dry here in the southwest part of Virginia. The forecast doesn't look like all that impressive as far as rain. Something has got to give, this is just too much. The last time I checked, I don't live in the desert.

Troy

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here is how serious the drought is in some areas. I think we may be getting some relief in a few days, at least in this area.

news.aol.com...

I'm sick of blue skies and teaser clouds. Blue skies are not beautiful right now. They are only beautiful if the weather is balanced.

Troy

DSO

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hey Guys,

Sorry its been so long since i've posted, I've been really busy.

I found this interesting story on ctv.ca, describing how the fall coulours ou east are not as "vivid" this year. Of course GW gets blamed (it could be the lighting conditions, temperature, wind, smog or a whole host of other things aswell which the article fails to mention.):EXTERNAL LINK

Out West here we've had a typical fall. Temperatures have been on the slight cool side of average, a couple days of rain, but for the most part bright and sunny. It's supposed to snow on Halloween, so its a VERY typical october. Nothing unusual to report yet. (wait till winter, thats when the whacky weather really starts).

-DSO

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well, it looks like rain will be making its' way back into the forecast. Better late than never! Things are cooling off now. Summer didn't want to relenquish its' power.

I doubt we will see as much of the beautiful colors in the leaves this year because of the drought, though.

Troy

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well, thankfully we did get some much needed rain. And, quite a bit of it.

Hey, anyway, how about this wacky weather? You have to watch through some fog to get to the hail and flooding. Take a look:

www.weather.com...

Troy

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join