It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember that Irish company claiming they had developed free energy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The company was called Steorn, and they published an advert in The Economist. Sorry to disappointed, but I'm not posting because I have any news on the topic (those who are unfamiliar with the claim, check out the wikipedia entry), I was just wondering if anyone's heard peep since it was announced?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Haven't heard a word, I reckon it was just a marketing stunt anyway. It always seemed too good to be true.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hi,

I've been following this for quite a while now, current state of play...

They are currently following through with the Jury process. There is quite a bit of information on the forums on Steorn's website.

As regards to progress, they are apparently planning a multi-pronged attack, where the Jury validation of their technology is just one of the prongs [so to speak].

According to information from the Steorn forum, several manufacturing partners are already signed up and working prototypes have been constructed for use/evaluation by their partners.

Steorn are also starting an Open Source Developers group where they will explain how to reproduce and build their technology for non-commercial/humanitarian purposes. (No - you don't need to pay anything).

Steorn will be making an announcement on January 11th 2007 regarding their business model and possibly more information on the Developers Group.

So hopefully we will known something more concrete soon.

x08

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
i'm super interested in this... imagine the possibilities...

electric cars that can run forever without recharging (tesla roadster anyone?)

and the one that'll be good for me... my portable gps will still be running after 3 hours usage~ aaah! i hate short battery life..

negative - no excuse to tell my wife that i need to ride my honda every week to keep the battery charged~ prompting me having to stay home much more to help look after baby~

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Cheers Keeval, thanks for the update

I too am interested and perplexed at the same time. On the one hand, it bears some striking similarities with other so-called "free energy" scams, but there's enough anomalies (such as the £85,000 advert in The Economist) which fly in the face of usual free energy "announcements". Very intriguing

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
We've all been bitterly disappointed by these kinds of annoncements over the years. Some are purely hype from the get-go and others are just measurement errors on the part of the inventors. Along with others, I've been following Steorn for quite some time and have had direct communication with people at the company. As another poster mentioned, there is a great deal of additional information and impressions on the forums and their website. My personal impression is that this is NOT a marketing ploy or intentional scam. The principals of the company sincerely believe that they have something here. The entire rationale of the 'Jury' process is to make sure they didn't miss something during their measurements. Their only concern is that they made some sort of an error while assessinhg the function of their design. But let me quickly add, this technology has been tested and re-tested hundreds of times by Steorn and additionally by expert electrical engineers from very presigious technology companies. It very much seesm to perfrom as stated. This could be HUGE. Keep your fingers crossed.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well if it is real... can I please put in an advance order for 1x Tesla Roadster with built in "Steorn Effect" generator. How much!... okay put it on my card.. I certainly won't be buying petrol with it again!

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well, there should be a world war 3 first, plague of viruses, liquidation of scientists, shutting the outfit and seizing the technology before this invention propagate. At least, that's my analysis on how secret societies work.

They will not give up oil as the forefront of their revenues since the beginning of its discovery. And this small dog-starting-company will be challenging the lions. Do you think they're going to make it?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well prsbuff, I hear from whence you come. There are obscenely wealthy and powerful people out there who stand to lose extremely large if this comes true. Let me simply say that the principals of the comapny are aware of this. Let's just hope they have taken measures to protect themselves and their technology. Going hugely public, as they have, (through their ad in The Economist, for example) does offer them some protection. Plus, there are a huge number of people all over the world that are following thsi and are in-contact with the company. If anything happens the S will HTF.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Update:

The Steorn website has had a makeover, there is some more information on there now, with more info being added all the time. Some specifics of the technology are to be released at the end of Q1 2007.

Steorn

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Keeval]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Search google video for a hydrogen torch. Apparently the US has been supressing huge advancements in technology due to oil lobbyists.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
if it is based on the concept of 'resonance' then it is certainly more than probable they are not misrepresenting.

that's all i know for sure.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I'm keeping my eyes on these guys.

I wish they'd give more technical info though.

JSR

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
ive just stummbled across this website. it just blew my mind.

so i raced over here, because i just knew there had to be a thread about it, and sure enough there is.

can you imagine what this would do to the economy?
it would be a paradigm shift like the industrial revolution, or the stone age to the iron age.

THIS IS HUGE!!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Well prsbuff, I hear from whence you come. There are obscenely wealthy and powerful people out there who stand to lose extremely large if this comes true.

Actually, no. They're the ones with the big manufacturing plants and will hit it huge once they retool. Toyota hasn't gotten poor with the Prius and other hybrids. Just have a look here at the sales! :
www.greencarcongress.com...

GE was proposing electric only cars by 1979. Toyota's Prius was cautiously introduced in 1997, and they couldn't keep up with the demand. Toyota's hybrids were a big part of its sales -- the Prius becoming the mainstay of its maarket:
www.hybridcars.com...

The motor companies continute to work with alternative technologies. If they were vested in gas only vehicles, their sales would be way off. They also offer prizes for contests for vehicles with both high speed and high mileage. And none of the winners has died in unusual circumstances. Most go on to enter more than once in subsequent years.

So the notion that the "big companies" are squashing the technology isn't right. This is often a statement put out by folks who would love you to invest in their ideas but whose ideas may not be very good.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think engineers sometime in the mid-19th century observed that there can be no such thing as free energy, so why are people still discussing this as a possiblity?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by etotheitheta
I think engineers sometime in the mid-19th century observed that there can be no such thing as free energy, so why are people still discussing this as a possiblity?

Heh - we should always consider the word of mid-19th century engineers to guide our future. Well, at least wars would still be fought with mighty muskets.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yet, from the 19th century and before comes the foundation of all modern science, up to the early 1900's when quantum theory emerged.

I assure you, you don't sit down and say, "Toss out Newton and Maxwell, we're going to start over!"

It's not like making a new clothing line, you don't get to start over anew and make up the rules as you go.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fakker

Originally posted by etotheitheta

Heh - we should always consider the word of mid-19th century engineers to guide our future. Well, at least wars would still be fought with mighty muskets.

The idea illustrates what has been taught in every thermodynamics course in physics, chemistry and engineering for over the past 100 years is extremely relevant: you gotta put something in to get something out. ENTROPY! You will lose something.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It would be extremely erroneous to think that you could toss out modern thermodynamics in favor of internet savvy entrepanuers. Hence forth remember that people like Sadi Carnot had to contend with the free-energy theorist, though you don't see their names pasted in thermo books!

[edit on 25-2-2007 by etotheitheta]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join