It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember that Irish company claiming they had developed free energy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by etotheitheta
The idea illustrates what has been taught in every thermodynamics course in physics, chemistry and engineering for over the past 100 years is extremely relevant: you gotta put something in to get something out. ENTROPY! You will lose something.

For your reference: Fluctuation theorem

en.wikipedia.org...

In short, it predicts that the Second Law of Thermodynamics, which states that entropy always increases, can be violated for small systems over very short time-scales.

See:

rsc.anu.edu.au...

Oh, and if anyone is into the "but that's the way it's always been done club", check this out:

www.alaska.net...

As a side note, I personally am as skeptical as anyone that Steorn has 'the answer' to free energy, but we need to be ready for existing theories to be revised.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by Fakker]

[edit on 26-2-2007 by Fakker]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Think again, the second law has nothing to do with systems, it has to do with the universe, systems and surroundings.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by etotheitheta
Think again, the second law has nothing to do with systems, it has to do with the universe, systems and surroundings.

not to be a doushebag but what the hell did you just say????

2nd law deals with systems. whether it be a machine, global, universal. the moral of the law is "all systems break down in a natural process"

if you can alter natural process you can avoid entropy. "theoretically"

on a side note steorn doesnt claim they've beat entropy, they say their machine will wear and tear. what they say is they've found free energy.

free energy is a system that reuses its energy source, endlessly and repetitiously.

as for steorns claims ill believe it when i see it.

[edit on 27/2/07 by Glyph_D]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'll dance in the street if it works.

Not only would it solve soooo many issues, but it would be like free candy day for physics.

Because then you'd have to explain why that works, and everything that said it can't has to go. It would be 1905 again, with Einstein pulling Planck's quantum solution out of the bag to fix the ultraviolet catastrophe.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
universe= surroundings + system

the universe is what tends towards a state of greater disorder.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Another small step closer to star trek/wars..

Kinetic energy using permamagnets??.. Uh oh, I thought I was the only bloke that stumbled across this? I would have kept my mouth shut. Well, I guess I still am keeping my mouth shut of sorts. This is a dangerous technology to expose to the public at this point in time. We're still like children, very barbaric and have a ways to go consciously. We're getting seriously close to how alien craft basically operates and humanity is just not ready for it. It will be weaponized and if you think the heat is turned on by the tech gatekeepers (oil lobby) now, just wait when day breaks on this... it will flat out just cause chaos (this is probably why setting up a one world government is so important to these weirdos as they can continue to hold us at gun point when it comes to controlling significant technological advancement). It's not even worth trying to profit off of as it's very easy to reproduce once you understand its workings. Not that this is bad, but it would be very much like the people that grow marijuana hydroponically. If it were ever legalized there would be little revenue stream in it for the gov. as it would be impossible to regulate retailing it. Those people wouldn't bother paying for it at the gov's or anyone's set prices when they could grow a damn forest worth of the stuff themselves and share the wealth for free. It would threaten the govs grip over it, and since we're dealing with greedy babies, only hell will ensue.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by massexodus]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I believe that our Corporate US Government will soon damper our rights even more suggesting ways to make this energy system seem unhealthy and very dangerous

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
They can't demonize the technology. Nobody would buy it, especially since people would be so curious to see what all the free energy buzz is about. Folks hate the big oil and utilities regime. What the govt. does is completely focused at us. Controlling the people's movements and what they have keeps them away from the tech completely.

I'm not liking that profit is motivating the release of this tech and that the pioneers of it are going to be heralded as big time inventors when the general population would've encountered this already if they had time to sit and think, and not be occupied with long work hours and the rest of the illusionary world we live in that keeps us caught up in the physical and therefore uncivillized in many ways. This will bring in another age of heavy mining in the Earth. We mess with the Earth a little too much as it is.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
massexodus are you saying you know how to build these?? if so, do tell; im interested in its workings. and would appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
There seems to be a large group of people that have the idea that free energy is a new idea or that it has never been achieved before. When in fact many others have created overunity (systems that put out more power then they take in) systems in the past before, long before Steorn started their project.

Found this weblist, although it's old, it has some good refrences in there.

www.phact.org...

I've heard of many people that have stumbled upon free energy one way or another and they're normally silenced in some way....

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Update:

Steorn are releasing an update on the Jury and power/weight density figures on the 13th April.

Also a demonstration of the technology will take place sometime in London in July, more details to be posted on the website soon.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by Keeval]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeval
Update:

Steorn are releasing an update on the Jury and power/weight density figures on the 13th April.

Also a demonstration of the technology will take place sometime in London in July, more details to be posted on the website soon.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by Keeval]

They're going to update on Friday the 13th?

Where did you find this? I can't find any mention of it on the net. Should be interesting.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
News of the update is here

Hi Folks,

Its been a while - just to let you know that we will be releasing the update on the Jury process and so on on Friday April 13th.

Thanks,

Sean

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

by byrd

So the notion that the "big companies" are squashing the technology isn't right.

Please try to not make such a blanket statement for this.

I would like to think that some big companies like personal transportation manufacturers have no loyalties to propulsion systems.

The "big companies" which have interests in, and profits from the oil production sector, are the ones who would not want to see this free energy technology harnessed.

They would like to figure out a way to charge for free energy, hooking it up to the stock market so the revenue stream would be in tact, harnessing us into another yoke of slavery..

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Although I think it is a hoax, the Steorn people have spent 75,000 pounds for an advertisement in Economist. What kind of hoax is this?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Developing a free energy system is not new. Tesla said he knew how to make an OE system in 1912. What is different is that Steorn is able to go ahead with this in full view of the big oil, governments and shadow governments. Usually buyouts, coverups and mysterious deaths result. Steorn must have their safeguards in place!?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
Developing a free energy system is not new. Tesla said he knew how to make an OE system in 1912. What is different is that Steorn is able to go ahead with this in full view of the big oil, governments and shadow governments. Usually buyouts, coverups and mysterious deaths result. Steorn must have their safeguards in place!?

I would love to believe that, but (known) Physics says otherwise. What really surprises me is the amount of work put in this thing...no much time and money for a hoax.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Physics and Science are based on known data.

They must constantly evolve as new discoveries are made.

There is so much on this planet alone that we don't have known data about, let alone the universe, one has no choice but to think physics and science is a shaky position to stand on, at best.

To me, Scientifically proven is only a position to start from, not by any means a final position to take. This is true of the past and has not changed.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I did a google search on the company, Stoern. They previously did work in internet security and possibly wind generators. Anyway the technology involves permanent magnets and was discovered supposedly while studying wind generators. As you might suspect there is not a lot of detail forthcoming. They are having a "jury" of scientists evaluate their product and there is to be some sort of announcement on this Friday (4-13-07).

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Byrd you are sadly mistaken on this one... major corporations do in fact go to great lengths to squash innovations they do not like... I can even give you a couple examples to research..

Check out the all electric toyota rav4 that is no longer produced because the developer of the nickel metal hydride battery technology sold a controlling stake to chevrolet who sold to texaco that got bought by chevron within a couple months... Btw it's 2001, 2002, 2003 model years. when chevron acquired the technology they sued the company making toyotas battery packs had them stop production, when they had a profitable and much better product than the stupid prius. (well by better I mean the battery packs on the rav 4 have an average lifespan of 200,000 miles so better for consumers).

Or you can check on chevrolets production electric car which it took back from all of it's leasees and crushed every single one of... all while former leasees did everything they could to just be allowed to buy their former vehicles at fairmarket value (26 to 28 thousand dollars each is what they were offering) Instead chevrolet spent a thousand dollars a car to destroy them.

As for steorn I think they are the real deal the only thing that remains to be seen is what unbelievable antics the powers that be will stoop to in order to derail them.

However stating that large companies don't supress technology in the name of profits is as short sighted as saying I can use my backyard as a trash can because my lease is up in six weeks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join