It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember that Irish company claiming they had developed free energy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
And how then do we explain my son? He's consistently gotten more out of me than he could put in in three lifetimes.

Seriously, you are right, and I'm not for scrapping Newton. But it never hurts to take a look at things to see if something has been overlooked.

We shall see what comes of this. Somebody thinks there's something to it, as a lot of $$$$ has been spent. And most folks with that kind of money seldom waste it on foolishness.

We can always hope.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hi all,

News of the demo is now hitting news outlets.. looks like it officially starts tomorrow (Thursday) at The Kinetica Museum London

Engadget Article

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
And how then do we explain my son? He's consistently gotten more out of me than he could put in in three lifetimes.

Seriously, you are right, and I'm not for scrapping Newton. But it never hurts to take a look at things to see if something has been overlooked.

We shall see what comes of this. Somebody thinks there's something to it, as a lot of $$$$ has been spent. And most folks with that kind of money seldom waste it on foolishness.

We can always hope.

Trust me, I'd love for it to be real.

Even if it were nothing more than a really efficient energy storage medium it would be worth it.

But if not, then we get to find what's wrong with the theories, and who knows what's behind THAT door? It could be 1900 and Planck all over again.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
More news and link to the webcam here :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I liked the line where the Stoern representative says that they decided to have the machine in the video lift a weight rather than light up a lightbulb because if people saw wires they would call it a fake! He said the scientific community has already dismissed the machine (as being another fake).

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
hello,
i haven't heard about it till now.But i think there are?But such inventions will be kept secret or the sector that is if its electricity then the top electricity company will buy it from them and will destroy that for there business.Its a real fact as some might think its silly and stupid.If they have found an energy like that it wont come out.Iam damn sure
www.hybridcarsonline.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The only hope of getting free energy to the people is to give away the plans free. Any attempt to charge for it is going to fail. Any attempt to make billions (for that is surely what you would make) is going to fail.

If you ever discover a way to make free energy, immediately give out the plans far and wide on the internet.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Big Oil is getting sloppy. This thread was started in 2007. Steorn was even earlier, but their guys aren't dead yet.

No working prototype yet either, though. Think someone got to 'em?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I'm sure we will never know whether someone cooled their jets but:

I still am not convinced that the first and second laws of thermodynamics are LAWS.

I doubt that we will be able to live on our coal, oil and other reserves forever.

As fuel reserves deplete it will be very difficult indeed for mankind to maintain itself by alternative energy sources such as wind and solar. Many will not be able to survive. (I'm an alternative energy practicioner myself)

A convincing case can be made that somewhere in our future we will be using free energy, zero point energy, whatever you want to call it.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
I still am not convinced that the first and second laws of thermodynamics are LAWS.

Well, I'm afraid I am, so I don't believe in Steorn.

A convincing case can be made that somewhere in our future we will be using free energy, zero point energy, whatever you want to call it.

What are your thoughts?

I think we will continue to find sources of energy to sustain ourselves and power our gadgets, but these sources will be just as bound by the laws of thermodynamics as everything else in the universe appears to be. Still, I wouldn't worry about running out of energy. It's the one thing the universe has in plenty.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Still, I wouldn't worry about running out of energy.

Nor do I. The problem is high energy prices and shortages. These may not impact our lives much but people pushing the poverty level may eventually have dire consequences. Real suffering may result.

I once took a graduate level series of physical chemistry courses. In it we studied quantum physics. What occurs at the orbital levels in the atom looks very much like well, perpetual motion.

Here's what John Ecklin said about it: "It is amazing that in the sub-micro world of the atom, quantum physics requires the perpetual motion of particles both as to spin and orbital motions. In the macro world, science is based on the law that a perpetual motion machine is absolutely impossible. This is the state of today's science?"

In other words the particles were spinning around that atom of gold in the pharaoh's tomb in 2000 BC. And they are still spinning the same speed today. What do you suppose is maintaining their spin? If you can answer that question then you may be able to understand ZPE.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Well, I'm afraid I am, so I don't believe in Steorn.

And what does those laws have to do with negating the possibility of devices that allows for more 'energy' 'output' than 'input'?

I think we will continue to find sources of energy to sustain ourselves and power our gadgets, but these sources will be just as bound by the laws of thermodynamics as everything else in the universe appears to be.

Sure they will be as these devices can't be violating any laws given the fact that they actually WORK! It's just hilarious when people deny observation to defend their belief in 'scientific laws' .

Still, I wouldn't worry about running out of energy. It's the one thing the universe has in plenty.

For sure and if we employ just the technology we have had for the last century we could be burning coal and oil for centuries to come. I would much rather we use these technologies ,or even wind and sun, but i am most certainly not one of those idiots that thinks humanity will be running out of energy stores any time soon.

Stellar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join