It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy Calling For Universal Ban on Death Penalty

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie

Originally posted by the_sentinal
I guess your saying that the death penalty is "the good stuff"

Um, no, I'm saying the universal ban on the death penalty would be "the good stuff." Didn't you start this thread??
\\

Sorry, I just misunderstood what you were saying, starting a thread doesnt exempt a person from misreading, sadly

[edit on 4-1-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't know...take your eyes off a thread for a couple of days and everyone goes crazy!!

The Butler did it!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
I just misunderstood what you were saying

Ah, ok. Now me, you, and chissler have untangled the confusion.

Back to the topic, kinda...

Andala,

Thank you for sharing all that with us. The part about the Italian government being in league with the US is interesting... I had no idea. And what is this you say, about the mafia existing before the time of Christ? I would love to hear more about that. Maybe you can start a thread of your own? I would be happy to help if you're nervous about translating. Just send me a U2U, if you can.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie

Thank you for sharing all that with us. The part about the Italian government being in league with the US is interesting... I had no idea. And what is this you say, about the mafia existing before the time of Christ? I would love to hear more about that. Maybe you can start a thread of your own? I would be happy to help if you're nervous about translating. Just send me a U2U, if you can.

Indeed. Sorry, Andala, it was a good read. A thread of your own would be very insightful.

I second HH's offer of help if needed.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

In 2005, there were at least 2,148 executions in 22 countries around the world. China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the United States were responsible for 94% of the known executions.

1. China ~1,770
2. Iran ~ 94
3. Saudi Arabia ~ 86
4. United States 60
5. Pakistan 31
6. Yemen 24
7. Vietnam 21
8. Jordan 11
9. Mongolia 8
0. Singapore 6

What's strange about this list of countries is that the U.S. is lumped in with those who we have very little in common with, outside of the death penalty issue.....I wonder what the crime rates are like in those countries listed?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A thread! I don't know what say because I think my english it isn't good.

About that you call "Mafia", certainly before Christ this type of organization just existed even if it had different names.
Greek colonized South of Italy in particular Sicily, Calabria, Puglia from XV to V century before Christ. Their governments were oligarchic, so the people needed protection, but protectors aren't always good and, in each side, the corruption come out.
After Greek, Romans arrived and, despite republican system, old traditions remained.
Same thing was with Arab, Norman, Spanish, French, ect.. occupations
Today, despite a democratic system, the things are worse because their power had exponential growth.
The fact isn't casual you have what you wrongly call simply "mafia".
Italians love to think and act on great space of time without tell to nobody.
You must consider the ties bitwen "mafia" and politics and the major part of immigrants are pawns.
This modus operandi is naturally because from ancient times Italy was the cultural, political and economic center in Mediterranean Sea with a projection over 3 continent. Romans called Mediterranean Sea, Mare Nostrum, Own Sea.
Thankfully this, my country is an open sky museum and I can go everywere in the world speaking always italian. In fact major part of italian citizen doesn't speak other language but they go wherever they want. Why i don't know. Perhaps we are easliy adaptable.

Also in Italy there are other 2 countries, Vatican State and Republic of San Marino. Despite its extension, the first state is very powerful ad rich; it has a seat at the ONU and very powerful central bank, the IOR. The other, Republic of San Marino use the old roman system and is economically healthy and no one want poke one's nose into their business and control what they does.
In the extreme North of Italy there is Swiss and its banks. In the North West there is Principaly of Monaco and, even if it's an foreign country Italy finance its defence with money of tax payers. Why? I don't know. I let you to think about.

Many times I read or listen US or UK governments want control money traffic, for example the Swift in Belgium.
It's possible the people in the world doesn't know that criminals and subversive organizations use diamonds. Mah!

Anyway in Sicily many prefer say mafia doesn't exist. In one sens they have right, mafia is not what you see in the movie.

Anyway you can call mafia, but stay away from they.

I have just remember there are not 3 but 4 transnational criminal organizations: Cosa Nostra, based in Sicily, 'ndrangheta, Calabria, Sacra Corona Unita, Puglia, and Camorra, in Campania.
The last, Camorra, is very bad. They kill without care.

In conclusion, in the next century russian mafia can't exist, but I'm not sure it will be so for italian organizations because they have survived over 2000 years of wars, pestilances, foringn colonizations and, overall, they are everywhere.

Another thing, in the world all think italians eat pizza every day.
I have eat last pizza in 2005, but I eat fettuccine, strozzapreti, orecchiette ecc...

But in this thread don't we speak about death penality?
I'm against.
Death penalty is not a deterrent, instead it's a way used by oligarchic system to show the system work.

If you like P.K.Dick, you must love this century.

Ciao,

Andala

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Andala]

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Andala]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andala
A thread! I don't know what say because I think my english it isn't good.

I thought you might feel that way, although your fears are unfounded. To paraphrase something I said to my then- 9 year old niece, no matter how bad you think your English is, it's still better than President Bush's.

About that you call "Mafia", certainly before Christ this type of organization just existed even if it had different names.

This is what is so interesting to me! I just said this, a few days ago, but I made it up... it just seems like a very Roman organization, if you know what I mean, like, how regimented it is, and how everyone knows their place... I don't think I explained that well, but it's nice to have confirmation, and know I was right.

Many times I read or listen US or UK governments want control money traffic, for example the Swift in Belgium.
It's possible the people in the world doesn't know that criminals and subversive organizations use diamonds. Mah!

Haha! That just proves what we already know: they don't really want to catch the criminals.

You really should consider a thread of your own. I think we've derailed this one quite enough, don't you?

Again, I would be happy to help.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join