It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson predicts "mass killing" in the us

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think that some folks do have visions of the future. People that are at one with themselves and nature. People that realize that the earth and all life on it are sacred. Trees, mountains......

Not this oppressed, sick bafoon!

I recently learned that the very word christian ( the Greek word Kristionos) proved to be derived from an erotic Sumerian toadstool expression meaning smeared with semen!

So if there are any young women that want me to make them a christian, you can come over whenever you want!

[edit on 3-1-2007 by QuasiShaman]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
And you learned this where eactly????

As far as I know (it's been awhle since I studied any Greek) Christian comes from the greek word Cristos, meaning Messiah. Since Jesus was beleived to be the Messiah, those following him in the gentile world (when Greek was one of the main established liturary languages) were Cristosans or as we say it today Christians.

Sounds like you got your info from someone who specificlay wants to taunt, defame, or perscute Christians. No much different the aniti semitism.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman
I think that some folks do have visions of the future. People that are at one with themselves and nature. People that realize that the earth and all life on it are sacred. Trees, mountains......

Not this oppressed, sick bafoon!

I recently learned that the very word christian ( the Greek word Kristionos) proved to be derived from an erotic Sumerian toadstool expression meaning smeared with semen!

So if there are any young women that want me to make them a christian, you can come over whenever you want!

I think you were misinformed. The term refers to a follower of Christ. Id bet you read about Kristionos on some other random message board, did absolutely no research on it, and just assumed it must be true. I dont think Kristonos is even a word at all.

So, if you would like to become a christian, you can message me any time you want, I know Jesus personally.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sacred Mushroom and the Cross

Sunday Mirror Series, 1970

By John Marco Allegro

www.pharmacratic-inquisition.com...

Also:

www.johnallegro.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I can hardly agree that you have stumbled upon the true history and meaning of the word Christian. Christian is a descriptive noun, and simply replaces the need to build a prepositional phrase such as "He is of Christ".

Chris·tian /ˈkrɪstʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kris-chuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or derived from Jesus Christ or His teachings: a Christian faith.
2. of, pertaining to, believing in, or belonging to the religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ: Spain is a Christian country.
3. of or pertaining to Christians: many Christian deaths in the Crusades.
4. exhibiting a spirit proper to a follower of Jesus Christ; Christlike: She displayed true Christian charity.
5. decent; respectable: They gave him a good Christian burial.
6. human; not brutal; humane: Such behavior isn't Christian.
–noun 7. a person who believes in Jesus Christ; adherent of Christianity.
8. a person who exemplifies in his or her life the teachings of Christ: He died like a true Christian.
9. a member of any of certain Protestant churches, as the Disciples of Christ and the Plymouth Brethren.
10. the hero of Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress.
11. a male given name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1250–1300; < L Chrīstiānus < Gk Chrīstiānós, equiv. to Chrīst(ós) Christ + -iānos < L -iānus -ian; r. ME, OE cristen < L, as above]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Pay particular attention to the origin there at the botom, which mentions nothing of the Greek term for a "facial". This is not a bash by any means, but a denial of ignorance.
Lets not get off topic with a never ending debate of religion.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1250–1300; < L Chrīstiānus < Gk Chrīstiānós, equiv. to Chrīst(ós) Christ + -iānos < L -iānus -ian; r. ME, OE cristen < L, as above]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

From the Sunday Mirror Article:

The main factor that has made these new discoveries possible has been the recovery of the oldest written language known to us—Sumerian “cuneiform” texts, dating back at their earliest to about 3,500 BC.

This source appears to be older than what was "decided" to be put into the modern dictionary!?

Deny Ignorance indeed!

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i cannot see words on this thread

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hate Pat and all he stands for, but his 'prediction' sounds more like ground work so we can hurry up and blame those Islamofascists in Iran for something. Did you know they hate us for our freedoms, MickeyDees and Jenna Jammingsome?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is classic Pat. This guy has been a thorn in my side since 7th grade when my Mom found him on a Xtian TV channel.

It's insane to me that this idiot can get away with outlandish claims such as this, and weak people still send him millions of dollars a month.

My Mom is into this so deep that she's no longer in the 700 club. She's in the 1000 club, meaning that they send over $1000 a month. She hauls my Dad to Virginia Beach every year to be a 'guest' of CBN and go on the TV show. I wonder how much that costs.

Let's see, conservatively:

Average $500 a month * 12 months * 18 years = $108,000. And that's just from one family.

And have you ever heard of his 'Operation Blessing' charity?

Also unreported-- until two pilots came forward with the story in 1997-- was the fact that Operation Blessing's tax-exempt cargo planes were used almost exclusively for Roberton's diamond-mining operation, not for humanitarian purposes.

Article

(Sorry about the lame source, it's just the first article that popped up - look it up on Google.)

Why isn't this man in prison?

His TV show is classic brainwashing - relaxing music in the background, all kinds of talk about afflictions of ANY kind (who gets scurvy anymore anyway?) and a constant telephone number available to make a 'vow of faith' by sending him your money.

I have spoken with my parents about this so many times I could do it in my sleep, but they always have some excuse. I don't even bother anymore.

This man will eventually steal my entire inheritance, preying on my parents 20 years from now when they're senile. Let's hope he doesn't make it that long.

[edit on 1/3/2007 by chiS2000]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I really don't think anything Pat Robertson says holds any water, as I personally think hes...erm...screwed in the head.

Unfortunately it appears the site that has all his quotes is down...

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hearing Pat Robertson talk reminds me of this video by Genesis, Jesus He Knows Me, if you haven't seen the video please watch it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The man is a very clever businessman, but a terrible Christian. If he considers himself as a prophet of God, then wouldn't that mean that his teaching should be included in the Bible?

I can see his verses now:

- "Maybe we need a very small nuke thrown off on Foggy Bottom (State Department) to shake things up" (Pat Robertson 2:21 KJV)

- "You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he (Hugo Chavez) thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war[...]" (Pat Robertson 2:22 KJV)

How can anyone deny his divinity?

[edit on 3-1-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Robertson is a nutter. I can't believe anyone (Christian or otherwise) pays attention to anything he says anymore.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
I predict that as you read this, someone in the world has died.

Also, I'm getting a name, of someone in the room... Mmmmaar--gaaamiiicha.

John! Is there a john on ats!? the spirits are telling me to tell you John, that your great grandmother says hi.

Amazing! Pay me.

omg! that's so funny. i can't stop laughing now. tops!

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
The man is a very clever businessman, but a terrible Christian.
[edit on 3-1-2007 by DJMessiah]

He IS a good christian I'm sure! Just like ted haggard and took it all over his face?

Seriously though, anyone that makes a living from the hoax of hoax's(christianity) has to be a clever businessman. Probably coming from a long line of shrewd, clever businessmen.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I predict very few people actually take Pat Robertson seriously.
I sure don't.

We've seen countless religious psycho's throught history make claims of this sort. Unfortunately, sometimes they have a following... such is what could be argued as triggering the crusades... let's hope that doesn't happen again.

I also predict I have a horrible cold right now, and will be in bed within the hour... a good reason to wage war on the cold virus. Hey, if they can wage war on a concept, why not a virus?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
He's so special, isnt he?

"God told me"... BS

WHY would God pick the likes of George Bush or Pat? He's more likely to talk to me than he is them.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Because unlike you, Pat takes advantage and can make money off of people's faiths. Once again I ask, can anyone deny he's a prophet? ;P

One thing I've learned is that a false prophet is one who is trying to make a profit.

Pat has been known being friends and having business dealing with a murderous African dictator, in order to have access in that country's diamond investments. The man lives in a mansion, is a multimillionaire, and has set up with other televangelists (Ted Haggard, Jerry Falwell) tourist areas to profit from in Israel, for Christians. What's funny is that when Pat said that Ariel Sharron's medical affliction is God's wrath for Ariel splitting up Israel, the Israeli government took Pat off the list of televangelists who can profit from Christian tourist entering Israel. As you can guess, Pat apologized the next day, so he could be placed back on the list.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Johnsky... are you SERIOUS??? Didn't you read chis2000 post just a bit above yours? There are thousands of people who think this [insert your favorite disparaging term here] actually DOES talk to/for God. He's on exactly the same level as the fanatics in the M.E. Plus, add to that the fact that he's buddy-buddy with the Bush whitehouse, and you have a serious and dangerous menace to society on your hands. It shakes my personal faith that God hasn't reached down and squished this turd like an over-ripe grape.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by jtma508]

[edit on 4-1-2007 by jtma508]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Plus, add to that the fact that he's buddy-buddy with the Bush whitehouse, and you have a serious and dangerous menace to society on your hands.

Exactly my point. How did you think Bush got elected, especially the second time anyway? The Christian right came out in droves. Come for the Gay Marriage, stay for Bush.

Robertson was involved with the Bush campaign from the start, I'm sure it was all part of Karl Rove's plan.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join