It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson predicts "mass killing" in the us

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This guy is always good for saying some off the wall stuff. He predicts is late 2007 there will be a terrorist attack in the us resulting is mass killing
heres the article
Source

honestly i wouldn't be surprised is something may happen but this guy is always going on with some crazy stuff

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I predict that a tropical storm will form off the western coast of Africa between May 2007 and November 2007, that it will develop into a hurricane, that it will strike a heavily populated area in the western hemisphere and that it will cause extensive infrastructure and crop damage and some loss of life.

[edit on 2007/1/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What is this guy's track record? I read the link and he said some storm in New England was the fulfillment of a tsunami prophesy.

Of course, somewhere in America a postal worker is going to go berserk or a gang shootout. Any of these can be used to fulfill the "mass killing" prophecy.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
To be honest, I think it's people like Pat Robertson and his ilk that have given Christianity such a bad rap in this country. Take this crap off TV. It's a big money making scam.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
hes pretty close with bush too so he probably knows something we dont.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The Lord (Probably Bush) didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God (Probably Bush) told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson said God (Probably Bush) also told him that the U.S. only feigns friendship with Israel and that U.S. policies are pushing Israel toward "national suicide."

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 2-1-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Tisk, Tisk, to the author for leaving out the part that "God" told Pat robertson that a "terrorist attack" would happen in 2007 in your headline, It would have made this thread so much more explosive

Anyway the fact that "God" told Pat these things, sort of takes it out of the context of a prediction. If indeed he heard "GOD" then that would make him a Prophet of God and "IF" these things do indeed take place than that would mean that Pat actually hears god. Which would in turn give great cause for concern.

On the other hand, if the things Pat is saying do not happen by the end of 2007 under the old levitical law, he would be considered a false prophet, he would then be taken out and killed.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 2-1-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You know what's funny?

If these all these kind of people predict enough things, some are bound to come true, then they take credit for having the power to predict the future.

Whatever!

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
My favorite Robertson quote from the article –
"I put these things out with humility," he said

Seriously ... wasn't he the guy that predicted one year that a hurricane was going to wipe out Disney World for it's "Gay Days" .... but then three weeks later a hurricane came along and blew the roof off his church (whereever the heck it is)???

Or was that someone else?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Possibly tied in to the "prophecy" alleged by Robertson. Perhaps he just picked up the newspaper and read it??

www.usareligiousnews.com...

From the article

Iran ’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad believes that in 2007 he will usher in an Islamic prophecy marking the return of the 12th Imam, the Mahdi, who is to establish the justice of Islam throughout the world and rule for seven years. ... Already, Iran , as backed by Russia , has called for the destruction of Israel and the United States .

[edit on 1/3/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This guy is a total nut case. He is forever predicting things claiming that God told him. I wish his 700Club would be taken off the air. He is the type that gives Christians a bad name.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It is definitely folks like Robertson that give us serious Christians a bad name.

Unfortunately, I have relatives who believe this stuff. They actually used to send money to Jim and Tammy Faye.

There are no more prophets in the world...I believe it says so in the Bible when it mentions all those gifts will go away...but that's another discussion.

If Robertson is actually getting "inside information", it may be from good ole Beezelbub himself....

I'm surprised he's not blaming it on Hugo Chavez.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What surprises me is that God hasn't heard enough from this bufoon. Next he'll be trying to buy a nuke on the black market.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Its lucky for pat that he's speaking for god.Anybody else would be institutionalized by now for dementia!

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
didnt they use to hang people who made profecies or burn them or throw them off a cliff and chuck them in a well for religious people predicting stuff

ooo... millenium 7 a jesus number pffft

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDog1974
I have relatives who believe this stuff. They actually used to send money to Jim and Tammy Faye.

Ya'll should sue to get your money back because they misrepresented their product. Better yet ... sue for DAMAGES! I'm sure that anyone who gets hung up on those tel-evangelists and send money do suffer emotional and/or spiritual damage in some way in the end.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I agree with FF. I've seen some of the investigative reports on these Evangalists where the elderly are eating wall paper paste so they can send all their money to these frauds. They better hope to hell there isn't a God or they are truly screwed.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I just happenbed to peruse Drudge and found this article:

Family Sues Evangelist

Gotta love it....

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Family Sues Evangelist

I saw that! The woman evangelist claimed a cure for Cancer through prayer ... but even her own family says that it isn't true. That woman isn't backing down .. she's just 'explaining away' all the discrpencies (lies) in her story.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
his prediction of a late 2007 (Holloween or AllSaints Day) attack affecting many americans in many cities
...is just reviving some old predictions made by many, including here on ATS
nothing new here

as far as the non-event 'tsunami', which he explains as being true thru the occurance of the major flooding in the USA ....
he could also rationalize/spin his 'tsunami' prediction
as actually being the 'flood' of illegal aliens from across the Rio Grand river!

as for Marion Gordon "Pat" Robertson (go to wikipedia...)
His scary prediction may have more to do with another run for the Republican nomination than anything else.

keep in mind that "Pat" Robertson hold no official position in any organized religion, Souther Baptist, Charismatics, or anything else, so his inspired knowledge of a future terror attack could very well be that same voice that told Pres. Bush to invade Iraq (that's on record from Bush himself)

back in 1988 when 'Pat' was running for President, i was for him as the lesser of evils, but if he runs in 2008 , ???
this recent news blurb could very well be the first in a series of self promotions to just get his name-recognition on the major media front page!...as the heir apparent to the conservative republican leadership

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I predict that as you read this, someone in the world has died.

Also, I'm getting a name, of someone in the room... Mmmmaar--gaaamiiicha.

John! Is there a john on ats!? the spirits are telling me to tell you John, that your great grandmother says hi.

Amazing! Pay me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join