It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Migrants Will Now Use High Tech GPS Devices Thanks To The Mexican Government

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas

It is not the Mexican governmentes responsibility to keep their people from violating US law ... that is the US governments responsibility.

Exactly!

And the US government has no intention of blocking illegal immigration because it's promoting the benefits of the North American Union to Mexico.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The thought of people dying in the desert is sickening when all they will have to do is push a button and the worst that will happen is they will be deported back to Mexico.

That is the problem, if they know that they wont die or suffer much and that the worst that can happen is being sent back home where they can try again, well that's just what they'll do. More and more people will begin and try to enter this country illegally.

No one should have to face a horrible death if it can be prevented by some simple technology.

US citizens should not have to suffer an illegal invasion of their country.

If he can take your job than bygolly the problem isn't with the Mexican, it's with you.

No it's not. How is the problem with me If I can't support my family with 5.15 an hour and with no health insurance or any other form of assistance. The problem is with the system and the people who run it. They would rather ruin this country just to make millions to add to their collective billions, greedy short sighted fools.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
... and let us not forget they must be legal citizens of the US to hold those jobs.

You can bet your donkey that Corporate Bosses in the USA will never take a pay cut in order to sacrifice for the Company when they can just cut jobs and working peoples pay levels.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
So many here just don't get it.

No, we do not want these people to die. But that's not the real issue.

The point is - this administration WANTS to allow illegal immigration - it's a stepping stone to the North American Union.

This has been going on for ages. Illegal immigration is not a new phenomenon..there was no idea of any North American Union before so why would this all of a sudden be an issue? I think thats just a ruse to get people riled up and to put people in a panic. It has more to do with our economy. Believe it or not 90% of the income earned by these people is returned back into the economy one way or another, the other 10% is sent back to families back in their respective countries. Remove that from our economy and see if it doesn't get damaged and on top of that the cost of goods to the consumer will rise on the majority of products or services made/consumed here domestically, most of them are staples that we need/use on a daily basis.

Can you please show how by getting rid of this portion of the American workforce would we benefit? What would go down in price or cost to us as a benefit? If wages go up across the board how will this benefit me or you ? By ending cheap labor in the USA what will it do to curb outsourcing to other countries?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here's more info and an interesting perspective:

USA ready for takeover

From melbourne_militia's link:

The Rise Of The Fortress Continent

"Washington is constructing a kind of three-tiered fortress in which the United States rules by decree, Canada and Mexico serve as guards and Mexican workers are banished to the continental equivalent of the servants' quarters."

Check out the links provided above. The reality of the "North American Union" is not in doubt. The papers were signed, sealed and delivered some time ago.

You just weren't paying attention - and oh yeah - the public was not fully informed.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

No it's not. How is the problem with me If I can't support my family with 5.15 an hour and with no health insurance or any other form of assistance. The problem is with the system and the people who run it. They would rather ruin this country just to make millions to add to their collective billions, greedy short sighted fools.

I don't understand...No matter what..your 5.15 is going to stay at the same level no matter what unless YOU yourself get better training and get a better job. If you got a 2.00 raise and made 7.15 along with 200 other workers in your job and you make bread for a living (Just an example) that loaf of bread that costed the company .39 just jumped up to .69 and at the store it will cost another .40. The bread that costs 1.59 is now 1.99 and Joe Shmoe and his fellow workers down at the Milk plant need more money to buy bread and ask for a raise and it continues...the 2.00 raise you asked for is still going to be the same pay. Add to that ridding yourself of cheap labor and see what we end up with. People are complaining about Gas being expensive and then to add insult to injury they want to make everything else even more expensive. Does not make any sense to me.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I saw we kick out all the illegal immigrants who stole our land. Oh wait, thats us. And they're the original occupants. :T oh well.

GPS locator does nothing but saves theyre lives, it does nothing to make the trip easier, or "entice" them any more. Really, do you REALLY want to be caught by mexican border patrol?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

If he can take your job than bygolly the problem isn't with the Mexican, it's with you.

No it's not. How is the problem with me If I can't support my family with 5.15 an hour and with no health insurance or any other form of assistance.

Do you make 5.15 an hour? Would you even work for 5.15 an hour? Jobs that pay such a low scale are reserved for the least educated in our society. Many states have a higher minimum wage than that.

The company I work for has many Mexican workers. They also hire many workers from other countries. Many of our engineers are from India. Our supervisors and jobs that require an education are filled by Americans and the real workforce is from mexico. Our starting wage for anyone is ten bucks an hour. 5.15 is not a real comparison in todays market.

Do we take some short cuts or overlook things to get good workers? Yes. We have a guy working on the casting decks that has been hired three times under three differant names because he's been deported twice. He's a good worker though and few people will work in the conditions he has to work under. I wouldn't do his job.

Many people think the immigrants are tearing this nation down. I think we are actually bringing them up to our standards of living. After having lived here they will never go back to being a slave in their homeland again.

Again, this is just my opinion,

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what any of us think because they are going to be allowed to stay and in fact encouraged to stay with more benefits and freebies than ever before. The victory of the democrats last november was seen as a victory FOR illegal immigration amnesty and believe me that is what is going to happen. Amnesty. They are going to sneak a bill through letting them all stay and handing them benefit after benefit to stay and we will all sit back and take it like the good little sheep that we are. This decision has already been made. It's just a matter of when they execute it. The American people in full out riot will be the only solution to the invasion. Hope you all are brushing up on your spanish because I have news for you; it's us that will be learning their language, not the other way around.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Haha Escro you are absolutley correct. And sofi, the North American Union will be a beautiful thing. It will simply make what is already the obvious reality into written law.

Escro, fear the Hispanics, we are here to make glorious love and babies, drink beer, and pretend we dont speak English to force you into our own language!! Mwahahaha........

Yea right sorry I think you need to remove your head from your ass. Don't worry about having to learn Spanish, although it would not hurt the least bit if you wanted to get some super sexy latinas. English is pretty much the universal language of the world. Thank God for that, and I am Hispanic. I think the whole world needs to speak Enlglish, and it looks well like it will be a reality by the end of this century.

English is the most widely taught and understood language in the world, and sometimes is described as a lingua franca[1]. Although Modern Standard Chinese, Hindi and Spanish have more mother-tongue speakers, English is used by more people as a second or foreign language, putting the total number of people with a knowledge of English worldwide at well over one billion.[2]

Over 300 million people speak English as their first language[3]. Estimates about second language speakers of English vary greatly between 150 million and 1.5 billion. English is the dominant international language in communications, science, business, aviation, entertainment, diplomacy and the Internet. It has been one of the official languages of the United Nations since its founding in 1945 and is considered by many to be the universal language[4]

Of those nations where English is spoken as a second language, India has the most such speakers ('Indian English') and now has more people who speak or understand English than any other country. Following India are the People's Republic of China, the Philippines, Germany and the United States (by way of immigrant communities and other enclaves in which English is necessary for communication with their English-speaking countrymen).

English is the primary language in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia (Australian English), the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Belize, the British Indian Ocean Territory, the British Virgin Islands, Canada (Canadian English), the Cayman Islands, Dominica, the Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guernsey, Guyana, Isle of Man, Jamaica (Jamaican English), Jersey, Montserrat, Nauru, New Zealand (New Zealand English), Ireland (Hiberno-English), Pitcairn Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, the Turks and Caicos Islands, the United Kingdom (various forms of British English), the U.S. Virgin Islands the United States (various forms of American English), and Zimbabwe.

English is also an important minority language of South Africa (South African English), and in several other former colonies or current dependent territories of the United Kingdom and the United States, for example Hong Kong, Singapore, Mauritius, and the Philippines.

In Asia, former British colonies like Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia, as well as the Philippines use English as either an official language or a de facto common language, and it is taught in all private and public schools as a mandatory subject. There are a considerable number of native English speakers in urban areas in both countries. In Hong Kong, English is co-official with Chinese, and is widely used in business activities. It is taught from infant school and kindergarten, and is the medium of instruction for a few primary schools, many secondary schools and all universities. Substantial numbers of students reach native-speaker fluency. It is so widely used that it is inadequate to say that it is merely a second or foreign language, though there is still a percentage of people in Hong Kong with poor or little command of English.

The majority of English native speakers (67 to 70 per cent) live in the United States (Crystal, 1997). Although the U.S. Federal government has no official languages, English has been given official status by 27 of the 50 state governments, all but three of which (Hawaii, New Mexico and Louisiana) have declared English their sole official language.

In many other countries, where English is not a first language, it is an official language; these countries include Belize, Cameroon, Fiji, the Federated States of Micronesia, Ghana, Gambia, India, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Kenya, Namibia, Nigeria, Malta, the Marshall Islands, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, Rwanda, the Solomon Islands, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

I truly believe you have little to fear from a Spanish language takeover. Most First generation American Kids of immigrant parents, (myself included) learn and prefer to Speak English rather than their parents tongue, although they will definetly have at the very least a basic understanding of it. It is funny I have met many Asian kids in my life who spoke better English than myself, and their parents can barely utter a word of it, or choose not too.

Could all of you just for one second ignore the fact that their illegal immigrants, and realize hey, after getting to know this person, he/she aint that bad after all!! He/she really is not the demon soul-sucking parasite that our extremist hate groups and politicians tell us they are! Wow what a surprise

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You cant get tuff on illegal aliens without first getting tuff on the ppl who hire them and rent out to them.

Now im going to go a bit off topic here, but I would like to say that the fairtax will have a positive impact on illegal immigration. First off if you dont know what im talking about go to one of the links in my sig. One will take you to the fairtax website and the other will take you to the fairtax discussion we are currently having here on ATS.

The fair tax is a consumer tax that deals away with the IRS, repeals the 16th amendmant. And requires that you the american citizen keep 100% of your check!

For the first time ever illegal aliens will pay taxes with there "under the table income". This will also make American citizens more competitive in the job market with the illegal aliens. Futher helping to put a stop to illegal immigration once future laws that go after the employers are passed.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The company I work for has many Mexican workers. They also hire many workers from other countries. Many of our engineers are from India. Our supervisors and jobs that require an education are filled by Americans and the real workforce is from mexico. Our starting wage for anyone is ten bucks an hour. 5.15 is not a real comparison in todays market.

So you admit to conspiracy to violate United States border Laws.

Originally posted by DYepes
we are here to make glorious love and babies, drink beer, and pretend we dont speak English to force you into our own language!! Mwahahaha........

Sounds like my neighborhood, especially the babies and beer part.
btw - babies==bad economics ... too dang expensive.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The GPS devices should lead the Mexicans directly to internment camps where there education including the ability to speak English would be bought up to the standard required by the US military. The immigrants would then spend a set number of years in the US military in order to earn citizenship.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i believe that , the mexican authorities will , when the device is returned - along with its happless owner simplt reset the transonder , recharge the battery and let the would be migrant free within walking distance of the Rio Grande ,

ready for another attempt

that is unnaceptable .

Not if we do it right. Instead of returning the transponder, we keep it as "evidence".

Originally posted by WolfofWar
GPS locator does nothing but saves theyre lives, it does nothing to make the trip easier, or "entice" them any more. Really, do you REALLY want to be caught by mexican border patrol?

If I'm an illegal I do. They will just dust me off and drop me off at the closest border crossing.

It's the US Border Patrol that illegals want to avoid.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

Could all of you just for one second ignore the fact that their illegal immigrants, and realize hey, after getting to know this person, he/she aint that bad after all!! He/she really is not the demon soul-sucking parasite that our extremist hate groups and politicians tell us they are! Wow what a surprise

Dy
I agree with you. I enjoy going to the local Mexican restaurant and saying my order in spanish, seeing them attempt to speak and greet me in english is nice as well. Some people that are against this are just basically bigoted. Usually they are the ones complaining about how people refuse to learn their language and how they usually mess up their food orders as a defense you pretty much know they are on shakey ground.

Plus...Latinas are where its at!!!
Their loss. More for the rest of us. They don't know what they are missing.

Pie

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas

It is not the Mexican governmentes responsibility to keep their people from violating US law ... that is the US governments responsibility.

sorry , but NO ........... they [ the mexican govt. ] are not just failing to prevent thier citizens violating US law , thet are activly aiding and abbetting them - with moral support , training anf intelligence , and now EQUIPMENT

that sir , IMHO is wrong

how would ATS spin a story that the US govt was providing equipment to facilitate violations of the law of a foreign soverign country , huh ???????????

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
i cannot speak for others , but i for one do not want mexican illegal imigrants to be allowed to wander around the dererts with no food , water , survival support or means of aid .

but i bloody well object to the mexican govt. providing equipment to facilitate an illegal act

instead of expending time , money and resorces EQUIPING immigrants for their trek - why isnt mexoco spending money on industrial developement , urban renewal , job creation and wealth redistribution , IN MEXICO

thats what i want , how about you ?

the " american dream " they aspire to was not created ex nihlo , over night - it took decades of hard work

why not pursue the " mexican dream " and stay in thier own country and help its growth / properity soar ?

because currently the " mexican dream " is to bugger off north , and abandon mexico - thats great for nationalist pride

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The GPS devices should lead the Mexicans directly to internment camps where there education including the ability to speak English would be bought up to the standard required by the US military. The immigrants would then spend a set number of years in the US military in order to earn citizenship.

Given the current circumstances in North America, I have no problems with this option either.

Now for ignorant_apes previous post, well the fact is the government of Mexico is corrupt and very bad at managing their economy. Thats what it comes down to ya know, managing the economy. Citizens of Mexico, like the citizens in America are afraid to confront the government. So the Mexicans do the next thing and head for a better land, although only so in the ability to have more luxury and work.

Hey I have always said, we should offer Mexican citizens whether or not they wish to be liberated of their poor managers and brought into the Union. It would benefit both of our peoples.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If I were a Mexican and about to cross the border with a group of other people I would worry that this might just be a Judas device. One member could be crossing with them, at a conveniant spot he could set it off and get them all busted, than collect a reward for his/her treachery.

If it could be set up with immigration on the US side it would be a good way for a low life scumbag to make some extra money. All he would have to do is make the deal with immigration, get the device and than find the people trying to get across the border and agree to lead them.

It may be 2007, but 30 pieces of silver still isn't bad for one days work.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't be suprised if those GPS devices are funded by corporate America and the border patrol's locations are displayed.

I like to know how the US thinks it wll continue to compete and not become a 3rd world banana republic when it cuts education, embraces debt, dismantles/outsources manufacturing and pays 10 times more for unskilled labor than what China does.

What's keeping this ship from sinking is military force, when that goes due to a lack of tax revenues, a declining GDP, loan defaults, a deflating dollar and Asian nations stop servicing US debt, then it's all over but the cryng.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join