It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Migrants Will Now Use High Tech GPS Devices Thanks To The Mexican Government

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
I wouldn't be suprised if those GPS devices are funded by corporate America and the border patrol's locations are displayed.

Me neither.

I like to know how the US thinks it wll continue to compete and not become a 3rd world banana republic when it cuts education, embraces debt, dismantles/outsources manufacturing and pays 10 times more for unskilled labor than what China does.

It's not about competing.

It's about selling off the nation's resources - at bargain basement prices.

What's keeping this ship from sinking is military force, when that goes due to a lack of tax revenues, a declining GDP, loan defaults, a deflating dollar and Asian nations stop servicing US debt, then it's all over but the cryng.

You still think there's a ship!?!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Oh, this is great, this is. Well, I guess then it's time to start outfitting criminals with bulletproof vests. After all, we wouldn't want them to get killed in a shootout with police!

Let's see:
Well hey, why not give the drug smugglers GPS devices too?
We could give robbers alarm defeating devices or hell, just give them the alarm codes.
We could give murderers non-traceable weapons.
How about some little boxes mounted on poles in Central Park? "Get your jogger-killing knives right here."

Honestly, if this doesn't show the true disposition of the Mexican government to keep those illegals flowing over the border, I don't know what else does. Except maybe for the "illegal border crossing kits" they are already handing out. The threat of death WAS one of the great inhibitors for would be illegal immigrants. With that gone, this is only going to get worse, and greatly increase the load on the border patrol.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the Mexican government's answer to the border fence bill. Last I just saw on the news, funding did get approved for the fence, and it WILL be built. And since the fence will force would be border crossers to go much further into the desert because most of the usual, accessible crossing points will be blocked, I guess Mexico figures they are going to have a lot more deaths.

This is just great. I can see it now: once the fence is built, severly putting a damper on available crossing points, the Mexican government will just start a free secret air ferry service, complete with parachutes provided.

In the last elections the people had to make a choice between the lesser of two evils. Democrats will help bring the boys home allright- both from Iraq and Mexico.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow now we are comparing illegal immigrants who are basically just trying to support their families and feed their children to Drug smugglers and murderers. Nice comparison. BTW Drug smugglers probably don't need GPS because the majority of the time they have permission to come over the border.

I only wish people were so vehement when the USA gives out over 12billion a year in tax money for Egypt and Israel to buy weapons and to build houses for russians moving to israel, rather then people who wish to come here , earn a living, spend their earnings here and would probably more then gladly pay their share of taxes. But hey, these Mexicans and other South Americans they are just such a big heavy burden on the country and should be in the same class as Drug smugglers and murderers in Central Park.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Source

Gotta love the Statue of Liberty. Still, were these words only meant for the white Europeans that fled across the ocean?

I still say emergency transponders will save lives and are a good idea. The person who has one will know that the second they use it they are busted, therefore it will only be used as a last resort.

No human being should be made to die a horrible death for wanting to better their lot in life. Especially if it can be easily prevented.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I would see any government support of illegal immigration as an act of both war and terrorism.

Since I saw the whole "it's not only for Europeans!" argument... No, it's not. It's only for Americans. People migrate, period, and a government was formed by the people who lived in the area, who lived and died for their country. There's nothing wrong with a healthy immigration, but there is something wrong with unregulated mass immigration. You have higher poverty and crime rates, along with both a modification to America's culture and a possible increase of cultural and ethnic tensions. Basically, the nation is here to serve its people, and the only rights that exist under its rule are those of its citizens. Anyone else is a foreign invader, and, for all we know, a terrorist or soldier. No one has the right to steal my job or decide that they don't need to follow the regulations everyone else does. I follow and uphold the law; it's my duty and privilege.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Wow now we are comparing illegal immigrants who are basically just trying to support their families and feed their children to Drug smugglers and murderers. Nice comparison. BTW Drug smugglers probably don't need GPS because the majority of the time they have permission to come over the border.

The only ones crossing the border are, poor, honest, hard-working peasants looking for noble work. Riiiight....!

12 News
Jan. 4, 2007 02:44 PM

National Guard unit stormed while patroling the border
Border attack raises security concerns

A U.S. Border Patrol entry Identification Team site was overrun Wednesday night along Arizona's border with Mexico.

According to the Border Patrol, an unknown number of gunmen attacked the site in the state's West Desert Region around 11 p.m. The site is manned by National Guardsmen. Those guardsmen were forced to retreat

The Border Patrol will not say whether shots were fired. However, no Guardsmen were injured in the incident.

The Border Patrol says the incident occurred somewhere along the 120 mile section of the border between Nogales and Lukeville. The area is known as a drug corridor. Last year, 124-thousand pounds of illegal drugs were confiscated in this area.

www.azcentral.com...

Emphasis added.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The only ones crossing the border are, poor, honest, hard-working peasants looking for noble work. Riiiight....!

Who said that? You? Because I sure didn't. We are talking about GPS enabled beacons that PEOPLE will use, not drug dealers. Drug dealers are not going to be using the GPS devices the OP of this thread is talking about.

As I said the drugs are coming in on tractor trailers or other means with approval. They are not to be compared to regular people wanting to come here to feed their families.

Houston Air Marshalls Charged with Smuggling Cocaine and Cash for Third Party
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was also that bust of 5kilos of coke that was involving Tom DeLay appointee

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Think Apples and Apples , not Apples and Oranges

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The way I see it is this poor Mexican who has no education, can't speak english and is carrying everything he owns on his back is trying to make a better life for himself and his family. If he can take your job than bygolly the problem isn't with the Mexican, it's with you.

How is a corporation getting rid of American citizens and replacing them with illegal aliens who work using someone else's social security numbers/identities at minimum wage or less the fault of the American citizens who get the boot? Just how is the American citizens supposed to keep their jobs if the company decides to go the illegal route to save more of the company profits to pad their wallets?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
My God. Why not just give the damn country to them already.

Where is there justice in giving people AID with commiting a crime? Let me see if I can rephrase this in a way that the bleeding hearts and the comics can understand. MEXICO IS AIDING IN THE COMMITMENT OF A CRIME, THEREBY ENCOURAGING CRIMINAL ACTIONS against the USA.

It's really pretty rediculous if you think about it.

If I wanted to cross the Mexican border illegally, now I am going to petition the US government to provide me with GPS devices to aid in my crossing. Think about that. And on tax payer dollars, no less.

OH the irony. GPS devices for people that can't even feed themselves. Great. Just great. :shk:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

My God. Why not just give the damn country to them already.

Done.

US Brokers Continental Corporate Takeover: Update March 22, 2005

MEXICO IS AIDING IN THE COMMITMENT OF A CRIME, THEREBY ENCOURAGING CRIMINAL ACTIONS against the USA.

Erm. No.

The Bush administration negotiated a "trade" deal with Mexico to establish a continental corporate government over North America.

An "open border" policy between the US and Mexico is part of the deal.

Hullo.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
The Bush administration negotiated a "trade" deal with Mexico to establish a continental corporate government over North America.

An "open border" policy between the US and Mexico is part of the deal.

Which means that true Americans will have to remove said operating government from it's seat and create a New Government By And
For The People of the USA.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by jsobecky

As I said the drugs are coming in on tractor trailers or other means with approval. They are not to be compared to regular people wanting to come here to feed their families.

Sure. So when you figure out how to differentiate between a tractor-trailer filled with drugs from one loaded with illegals without stopping it and examining it, let me know, OK?

And I don't give a damn if they're coming here to feed their families. They're doing it illegally. And it's not our job to feed them or supply them with jobs.

Think Apples and Apples , not Apples and Oranges

Think, period.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Now hold on a minute here sofi. First of all, that article you sourced from WorldNutDaily. I thought you were more discerning than that. But aight, no need to argue sources. If that story were totally true, then why are there still any border patrol at all? And a bill passing through Congress for a fence? Sorry sofi, but I don't buy your angle on this at all.

Address the point, sofi. The Mexican government is assisting people to cross over the border illegally. It is wrong, for a variety of reasons. And it's time something is done to stop it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join