It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Say They Can Prevent Homosexuality in Sheep - Are Humans Next?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
RocknRoll I have the upmost respect for you. You have done something That not many men could do. You have supressed your sexual urges, and live a celibate lifestyle. I respect that, and I respect you.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
So how strong is that ox of yours....

I'm guessing your Ten Commandments came from another universe and reality...........Oxen???? Please don't drag oxen into this, and please stop quote-mining the Bible (in your head) and maybe I'll think twice about quote mining your thread.

But then again as someone who discusses religion a lot with anti-christians, I see this often.

Cheers!

[edit on 8-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll

Originally posted by melatonin
So how strong is that ox of yours....

I'm guessing your Ten Commandments came from another universe and reality...........Oxen????

Cheers!

what? You have more than one ox? Lucky bugger...

Now you're trying to get me to desire these lovely oxen of yours, cheeky

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
RocknRoll I have the upmost respect for you. You have done something That not many men could do. You have supressed your sexual urges, and live a celibate lifestyle. I respect that, and I respect you.

Ford, I'm shocked and not too sure if you're being sarcastic based on your earlier posts. But, if you're being sincere, than thanks. It's been a long difficult road coming out of my previous "active" life. I really don't want to come off as judgemental here (I was over on your side of the fence for many years so I know how it feels). If anything I just want to inform and enlighten people to an alternative. I never in a million years thought I would be where I am today, 15 years ago. I have a sensitive soul and being actively gay to my surprise did tons of damage to it. It'd take too long to explain why. You'd have to walk in my shoes to know why I arrived where I'm at. Nobody preached anything to me at all. Even my family couldn't understand what I was doing. I think they wanted me to find another boyfriend. I just had reached a point where I felt like "It doesn't work." I needed enlightenment. People say God enlightens, God changes, so I thought, "I have nothing to lose.....let's explore." I picked up the New Testament, and read it front to back (like anyone would a paperback). It affected me. I started seeing things differently. I prayed to the Holy Spirit to "enlighten me" on life's mysteries that were troubling me. I had so many questions I wanted God to answer. Well, over time He answered, by showing me things in everyday life.....little by little He gave me tons of signs. I didn't need anymore proof to know He really was there. He rarely reveals Himself to people until they ask Him to make Himself known, and when He does it'll hit you so hard, it'll make you wanna fall down and cry heavily. There's nothing like knowing He truly exists without a doubt.

Ford, you don't have to be some born-again, bible thumping, fundamentalist whacko to be close to God. He made you and knows you better than any human in this entire world. If you have questions, ask Him. But be honest with Him and acknowledge that you need Him to talk to you. Whatever the subject! He will make Himself known. How? I'm not sure. It's different with everyone. I talk to Him like He's the ultimate "Dad", and I'm just a little kid who needs Him.

Thanks Ford!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
In no way shape or form, was I being sarcastic. What you did amazes me. And truthfully. It made me think. It made me think about becoming sexually unactive. Again wat you have done is truely a miracle, knowing how hard it is to resist. If anything that is an act of God right there!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
In no way shape or form, was I being sarcastic. What you did amazes me. And truthfully. It made me think. It made me think about becoming sexually unactive. Again wat you have done is truely a miracle, knowing how hard it is to resist. If anything that is an act of God right there!

Wow! You just made me cry, bud.........whoah! Seriously. Oh man.
From this day forward, you are "ay okay" with me, Ford!
Peace!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You are an inspiration for anyone that wants to pursue a celliabate lifestyle in the name of the Lord. Your situation has definatly made me think about my life, and my afterlife. If you have any questions,or anything you would like to adress me with, feel free to U2U me any time.

long days and pleasent nights brother,
Ford Farmer

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Ford Farmer]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I have a question for you rocknroll.

You said earlier that you lead a celibate but not chastise life. I took this to mean that you still masterbate. If this is correct, then let me go forward with my question.

I thought masterbation was also a sin? Spilling your seed is a sin. So, basically you are saying that you substituted one "sin" (homosexual sex acts) for another "sin" (masterbation). Like you said before...a sin is a sin is a sin.

Can you explain what the BIG difference is here? If you continue to masterbate and knowingly "sin", aren't you just as bad off as the homosexual who continues to knowingly "sin"?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I do believe I mentioned quite a few times here that I am not an angel, far from being perfect. Do I masturbate? Rarely. Yes, it's sin, and a sin is a sin is a sin. So, yeah, you haven't taught me anything I don't know already. I know one day I'll be held accountable for it, but it is a sin I am willing to be held accountable for. I know it's wrong. One of the reasons it's considered such a big sin is it leads men away from relationships, avoiding one's obligation to one's spouse. I am a celibate homosexual, I don't have a spouse. I will never ever partner up, so I am not decieving my partner (because I don't intend on ever having one again). Does this make it right? No. I believe homosexuality is a more intrinsic grave sin of the flesh because it involves effecting another's life. In the end. I would much rather be held culpable for my own sins against myself, then for sins for involving others. Masturbation: I rarely do it (not like the old days when I dealt with men - sex and my sins were everyday of my life - my whole life was one big sin when I was partnered with men - sex was the focus).

The Church's stance: Masturbation can be a "serious mortal sin", but there are situations in which masturbation may not be 'a serious mortal sin'." Circumstances that range from 'affective immaturity' to the 'force of acquired habit' to psychological factors such as anxiety and even to 'social factors' can mitigate a person's moral culpability if she/he performs the objectively disordered act of masturbation. In such a case, masturbation would not be 'a serious mortal sin' because of any one of those extenuating reasons.

For some masturbation is a psychogical habit/obsessive compulsive addiction, almost like a disease. These people would love to refrain, but haven't figured out the way to get it under control. Realizing what they are doing is wrong and not being able to get a handle on it is at least a step toward God. This is alot different from the guy who loves to masturbate everyday, doesn't feel guilty about it, advocates it and seeks constant pleasure and gratification from it.........so there are differences in the degree of sin, although admittedly it is still a sin.

I never said I was sinless. So you can't quote me on this.
I am fully aware of the sins that will definitely drag me down into Hell and homosexuality was the biggest "thorn in my side" of all my sins. It was the sin that almost completely destroyed my soul and any peace I felt in this life.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Maybe some of this belongs in a "master of your domain" thread at PTS. Is it at all realistic to expect someone to be completely sexually inactive? I would think that the catholic church was saying it wasn't automatically a sin, along the lines of "committing adultery in one's heart." and "as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

So, maybe it wouldn't be a sin if you were thinking of Pi to a thousand places instead of coveting your neighbor's ass . . . or his ox or maidservant or whatever.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I haven't gotten to read this whole thread yet, but there are a few things I must post now.

I have read many pages of gay men's comments and some comments about "sin."

I am a lesbian and I haven't seen a lesbian post on this yet, so I have to chime in. This issue isn't only about men, it affects women as well.

When I read the original post I asked myself a question, "Would I have wanted my mother to have used some product during her pregnancy which would have caused me to be straight?"

No. Absolutely not. I've spent the last 16 years of my life with the most wonderful woman I have ever known and I wouldn't want to have changed a single thing. Oh, I wouldn't have missed all the prejudice and discrimination. I could have done without losing my job, being kicked out of a church, being disowned by my birth family, losing friends, not having the same rights as others, etc.

I still wouldn't change it. If things had been different and I hadn't been a lesbian I would have missed 16 glorious, adventurous, loving, monogamous, years with a beautiful, intelligent, compassionate, inspiring woman. She is a loving and responsible mother to our son, she is an asset to the community in which we live, and she is the most generous, caring person I have ever known.

My second point is about sin. The discussion is certainly off topic, but as we are already talking about it I'll add my 2 cents. In my religion it is not a "sin" to be gay or practise homosexuality. It is, however, a great big no-no to think that we can improve upon our creator's plan. If sexual orientation can be controlled through meddling with an unborn child, then it really should not be done in my opinion. It really does amount to "playing GOD."

As a sociologist, I must admit that we really don't know what "causes" people to be gay. The problem is that the research is somewhat biased and may be too narrowly focused. Science often looks for one cause = one effect. In the real world, there are often multiple causes for a single effect or a single cause for multiple effects. I think that the "preventative therapy" mentioned by the OP could fall into the erroneous category of one cause = one effect. It certainly has the potential for misuse and I am greatly disappointed by the news of it.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well, I don't believe they've been able to prevent anything, rather just get the Rams to want to reproduce more.

Humans and Rams are'nt the only species that homosexual behaviour, indeed many species show it, so I really don't think it's a disorder/malfunction/disease/dysfunction, rather just a natural part of life.

I honestly think that this project should be dropped, and all further research into ways that could change sexuality at any time be banned.

By getting rid of homosexual tendencies, you are messing with something that nature has developed, now I'm just a simple (well not so simple) person, but I highly doubt that we can create a positive evolutionary change in our species that evolution has spent more time perfecting than our species has even existed.

As I'm sure that some people will wonder why I say homosexual tendencies rather than homosexuality, well that is because it is my opinion that there is no such thing as homosexuality or heterosexuality.
I think, and I've seen studies that back up my thinking on this, that all people and animals are bisexual, just to differing extants, for instance I'll use my self as an example.
I prefer males about 70-80% of the time, now that does not mean that I never find females attractive, indeed I have been physically attracted to a few females, but in general I prefer males.

Now, as to the negatives that far to many people are so inclined to believe.

AIDS.
Well, considering that the first person with AIDS was a straight man (well at least I figure he was since he screwed as many female prostitutes as he could), I don't think people should attribute it to people with homosexual tendencies.
True many gay men had AIDS in the late 70's-80's, but considering the era that had just ended, it's no surprise, homosexuality was becoming more acceptable, and you could have a relationship, be that physical or otherwise, without having to worry about being persecuted, fined, locked-up or threatened.
Because of that there was a huge increase in sex among the homosexual population, however, unfortunately safe-sex practices were not practiced, so it made it easy for an STD like AIDS to spread.

Promiscuousness.
To say that homosexual leaning individuals sleep with lots of people and act like whores has got to be one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.
Yes, there are individuals who do sleep with lots of people, but guess what, you have that with people who prefer the same sex, with people who prefer the opposite sex and people who prefer both sexes equally.
And consider how many more females prostitutes there are than male prostitutes that solicit strictly males.

And besides that, as long as you are practicing safe sex, there is nothing wrong with promiscuousness.

Religion.
Well, considering that religions were originally created to explain things because people did'nt know the scientific explanation for them, religion, especially the Abrahamic religions really are about control and fear mongering.
As for Christianity, well Jesus did say to love your fellow person, regardless, not to judge and all that, so you really should'nt have a problem with it at all.

I had more to say, but in the course of writing thus far I've pretty much forgotten the rest.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komeiI prefer males about 70-80% of the time, now that does not mean that I never find females attractive, indeed I have been physically attracted to a few females, but in general I prefer males.

That's cause you're homosexual. All gay men think women are beautiful. I don't buy the bisexual thing. I can't tell you how many men I've met who cheat on their wives with other men and say, "I'm not gay, I'm bisexual." My response was always, "You like muscles, sucking ****, and getting ****ed. That makes you homosexually-oriented in my book. Why don't you just drop the "beard" ("I-really-like-women"-cover) and admit who you really are?" The response is always, "Well, I like women." My response, "Then stick with them." LOL! Some men just will never admit their weaknesses.

Originally posted by iori_komeiTrue many gay men had AIDS in the late 70's-80's..............homosexuality was becoming more acceptable, and you could have a relationship..........because of that there was a huge increase in sex among the homosexual population, however, unfortunately safe-sex practices were not practiced, so it made it easy for an STD like AIDS to spread.

Relationship, huh? Make me laugh. The disease spread like wildfire through the gay male population because of lack of "relationships"...........LOL, or should I say too many. The vast majority of active gay men are not about solid, steady, life-long, relationships (you know, 2 people committing to eachother and being monogamous), and instead are about multiple sexual encounters. Safe sex practices were never used in the homosexual community til AIDS hit. I don't know one gay man that used a condom in the pre-AIDS era. So the silent killer came in, infected thousands, and no one knew until the time bomb began exploding in 1981.....killing thousands of gay men in it's wake.

Originally posted by iori_komeiPromiscuousness.
To say that homosexual leaning individuals sleep with lots of people and act like whores has got to be one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard. Yes, there are individuals who do sleep with lots of people, but guess what, you have that with people who prefer the same sex, with people who prefer the opposite sex and people who prefer both sexes equally.

This is a lie. I'm gay. I lived this lifestyle for years. I'm not blind neither. Statistically, by percentage, you will find that 56% of straight males cheat on their partners, while close to 97-98% of gay males cheat on theirs. They've done tons of studies on this. Google it if you don't believe me.

You can also Google studies regarding gay promiscuity. You will find the results of gay men and their promiscuity staggering. It's sickening. This study was done in Chicago by the University of Chicago.

www.bpnews.net...

If you want to see more of these kinda statistics let me know. Or just Google "homosexuality + promiscuity" and you will be pleasantly surprised that you're wrong in your assumptions. Why do gay men want to cover this fact up? They brag about it between themselves, but hide it from the straight world.

Originally posted by iori_komeiAnd consider how many more females prostitutes there are than male prostitutes that solicit strictly males.

Yeah, that's because women prostitute's are into sex for the money. Gay men are into it for an orgasm. Big difference there. Why charge when you can just give and receive for free? When you're gay you don't need a prostitute, you just need another gay man....hahahahahahaha......gimme a break. I've known tons of gay men who lived like whores (multiple partners til they lost track), they far outnumbered the truly monogamous.....far outweighed. And none of them charged money.......LOL!

[edit on 11-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
that's nothing...

remember the ATS thread about a catholic / christian initiative that involves parents sending their "gay" kids to a camp to "straighten" them???

i'm not sure about the effectiveness of these camps, but this isn't a new idea...

but, now that science is looking at it, this process could be very effective (not saying that it is right / wrong)...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komeiAnd besides that, as long as you are practicing safe sex, there is nothing wrong with promiscuousness.

Other than the fact you are using people as sexual objects for your own selfish sexual lust and appetite, to be disposed of accordingly when you are sexually satiated. You can actually ruin peoples lives and damage their soul and core by doing this. Really. Using them, hurting them. Ever been cheated on with someone you loved dearly? It hurts. What happens if someone you sleep with falls in love with you and they were just a f*** to you?? Do you feel good about hurting them? If you feel bad, than this should tell you something right there.

Originally posted by iori_komeiAs for Christianity, well Jesus did say to love your fellow person, regardless, not to judge and all that, so you really should'nt have a problem with it at all.

LOL! You and Gemcraft, and about a million other gay men love using this one. Again, same ol', same ol' homosexual argument. When Jesus said "love your neighbor" he meant in the same way you love your Mom, Dad, brother, sister, family. He meant to love in a brotherly way........not sexual. He meant love of the spirit, not the flesh. He did not mean, "I give you all permisson to be sexually, promiscuous, fornicating infidels. Screw you're brains out, it's okay with me." How people get this out of "love your neighbor" is beyond me....it's ridiculous. Quit misinterpreting Scripture to fit a sinful lifestyle.....you're only fooling yourself, and definitely not God, that's for sure.

Gee whiz, I think I'm gonna have to create a new, neon-flashing avatar stating:
"LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR MEANS LOVE THEIR SPIRIT, NOT HUMP THEIR BONES.."

And I'm not judging you, I'm enlightening you to the Truth. I would not want to mislead you at all. God would not want that.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll

Statistically, by percentage, you will find that 56% of straight males cheat on their partners, while close to 97-98% of gay males cheat on theirs. They've done tons of studies on this. Google it if you don't believe me.

Statistics can be good or bad. Did you ever ask yourself how many men in the hetero studies lied? I'd imagine a gay man being more willing to tell some stranger that yes he's cheated than a straight married man. Just my opinion of course.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Did you ever ask yourself how many men in the hetero studies lied? I'd imagine a gay man being more willing to tell some stranger that yes he's cheated than a straight married man.

Could be Griff! But usually when polls are taken regarding sexual subject matter the people being interviewed are promised anonymity by the organization doing the study. Why would you lie going into a poll where you are an anonymous statistic? Kinda defeats the purpose...................then again the lies can come from both sides, right?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I see what you mean rocknroll. Let me tell you a story. I was surveyed back in the 90's about drugs. Which was also anonomus (sp?). Well, let's just say I wasn't totally honest because I didn't trust them. Just me, but you're right, it could be both sides.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I see what you mean rocknroll. Let me tell you a story. I was surveyed back in the 90's about drugs. Which was also anonomus (sp?). Well, let's just say I wasn't totally honest because I didn't trust them. Just me, but you're right, it could be both sides.

It's always an issue in social and psychological research. People will respond in socially desirable and self-affirming ways whether the study is anonymous or not. Thus the question is whether it is more acceptable within the gay community to be unfaithful to partners and non-conformist. I think males in general are more likely to exaggerate numbers of partners anyway.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That's cause you're homosexual. All gay men think women are beautiful. I don't buy the bisexual thing.

No, true I can see beauty in women in general, but when I said that,
I meant I had been sexually attracted to them, not just found them
to be aesthetically pleasing.

LOL! You and Gemcraft, and about a million other gay men love using this one. Again, same ol', same ol' homosexual argument. When Jesus said "love your neighbor" he meant in the same way you love your Mom, Dad, brother, sister, family. He meant to love in a brotherly way........not sexual.

I don't interpret it to mean in a sexual way, my point is that Jesus
taught to love everyone, not hate them, I really don't think he meant
it in a sexual way.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join