It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Washington Redskins Preview 2004

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Man do we suck so far....

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Can we start turning things around this sunday against Baltimore? I'm not too sure about that, but maybe they can.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think their biggest weakness so far in this young season is, and how ironic for a Joe Gibbs team, their offensive line. Brunell is getting no time to see the field and is getting whacked after every pass and Portis is being forced to find his own holes as they just aren't getting the job done. That was a huge problem from last year, I remember every Skins game I watched I couldn't beleive Ramsey kept getting up after some of the vicious hits he took. In Joe Gibbs defense, he inherited this team and it will take a few years before his stamp is on the team and there's no doubt he'll re-tool, if not replace, that o-line and maybe we'll see the return of the "Hogs"

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Can we start turning things around this sunday against Baltimore? I'm not too sure about that, but maybe they can.

Thats a really tough game, the Ravens are coming off a tough loss to the winless Chiefs, they'll be ready. If that afore mentioned o-line doesn't show up, it'll be a long night for that Redskin offense.

That's the Sunday Night matchup.

I bet they only need the bus for this game.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
yeah, the line can be blamed, they've also made some mental mistakes down the line, too. I was hoping for a better season, but, it's not looking too good right now.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well if it's any consolation, you have the depleted Bears next week and then your bye week to rest and regroup. Don't raise the white flag yet buddy!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well, it'll be tough to dig out of the hole thier in, in this division. I would be extatic with a winning record, though!

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Playing the Ravens this evening, can we win this?

I think we can, but it'll be rough.

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
8 mins gone and no one has made much ground. No score yet either i don't think anyone has got in field goal range yet lol!

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
seems like a lot of stupid mistakes on both sides so far, and good D on both sides.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Smoot just had a nice interception...

Can it be the difference in the game?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
They got FG out of it...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Another INT, and it leads to a TD!

'skins lead, 10-0, goiing in to the half...

And they look hungry!

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's over. call the season off.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
to many high hopes for this team, there offesne needs something anything, they have the names but they dont have a team

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
all in due time. I was hoping that Gibbs could do something positive this season, but I think it'll be next year until they make big strides.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
All in all, a big disappointment so far this season. Bringing Portis in, and gettign Gibbs back, not to mention Brunell (who I thought was beyond his prime anyway, but that's another story...), you have to be expecting more from this team. The defense has lived up to expectations, but, the offense is just pitiful, currently ranked 29th in the league in scoring. ON th ebright side, it can only gvo up from here.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Redskins Arrington, Hall out in Week 6

NFL.com wire reports

ASHBURN, Va. (Oct. 15, 2004) -- Washington Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington and kicker John Hall were ruled out for Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears.

Arrington will miss his fourth consecutive game since having knee surgery on Sept. 22. Lemar Marshall will start again in his spot.

Hall strained his groin during practice this week. It was his third leg injury of the year, following hamstring injuries in the first two games of the season.

The Redskins are expected to sign kicker Ola Kimrin. Kimrin was with the Redskins during training camp and was on the practice squad briefly.

The Redskins also downgraded cornerback Andre Lott and kick returner Chad Morton from probable to questionable. Lott has missed the last two games with a hamstring injury, and Morton has been bothered by a sore knee.

TRD

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Washington Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington suffered a setback Monday in his return from knee surgery, as the All-Pro strained his right knee during a practice session.

Arrington, who had missed the team's last four games after undergoing surgery on September 23, hurt himself Monday by slipping on a wet field. The fifth- year veteran still hopes to play in Sunday's matchup with the Green Bay Packers.

Kicker John Hall did not practice Monday while still recovering from a strained groin which forced him to miss Washington's last game, a 13-10 victory over Chicago on October 17. Ola Kimrin, who booted two field goals in Hall's place against the Bears, will again assume kicking duties if Hall remains unavailable.

The Redskins also made a pair of roster moves Monday, as the team signed veteran offensive tackle Vaughn Parker and cut tackle Kenyatta Jones. Parker is a 10-year pro who owns 104 career NFL starts while a member of the San Diego Chargers.

Washington also released linebacker Billy Stroher from the practice squad and replaced him with linebacker Billy Barnes.

Sportsnetwork

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ah man, we don't need this...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join