It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to fix America?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Back when the constitution was first formed, Thomas Crowne would have been a states rights advocate. People like you Thomas Crowne are what started the Civil War. You think that the government is wasting your tax money?

The schools are not wasting money as you call it, when something else needs funding education is the first thing they take away from.

What would you suggest we do with criminals there Thomas? Lock them up and throw away the key? This was common practice from the middle ages until the 1800s, we are more civilized than this.

When taxes pay for other people, they are not limited to just that one person, everyone has the same chance at this education, so stop saying that we shouldn't pay for other's education. I'm sure you wouldn't say this if your son had the chance of a free scholarship paid by the government.

Police protect the people, that is why they carry guns not briefcases like lawyers. It is true that they are only holding up the law, but remember these laws were from the people, so in a sense, they are protecting the people.

By the way, Thomas did you know that most of the forefathers were drunks?

There are tons of people who can do a better job than Bush, or any other candidate for that matter, but due to big businesses these people will never be elected.

A total revision of the constitution would probably yeild nothing, but it wouldn't hurt.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
James Madison said: "With respect to the two words �general welfare,' I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators."

Are you smarter than the Father of the Constitution? No, Colonel, you are not! Did you create the constitution? No, you did not! Are you wanting to twist the document to fit your thieving ideas? Yes, you are.

Ok, TC, I have succumbed to your amazing logic and yes, you are right. It is ok for the 1% of the population to own a third of the nation's wealth while the rest the resxt of ther 99% fight amonst each other for the scarce resources based upon color lines, class lines, and educational lines, creating the "spirit of Cain."

It is right for that 1% who own a third of the country's wealth not to be bothered with those pesky taxes and receive breaks while the 99% must pay constantly for the beneifts of the state which the 1% also enjoy.

It is right for that 1% to even STEAL billions from the 99% in complex financial schemes and suffer no punishment (maybe a country club prison if that) while the poor drug addict with a $100 vial of crack must bear the full weight of the State.

Where did I go wrong?:shk:

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Jingles, what are you, 18 years old with just the basic bull crap fed to you by your liberal teacher?
Go to the political scandal forum, read Paper #45 and attempt to digest the words of a great man. Whether you are sober, drunk or dropping acid, I doubt you'll comprehend, but give it a shot.

As far as drunks are concerned, I'd say there is a much greater chance of you being a genius than the majority of the founding fathers being drunks. In other words, there is no chance. Don' try and cross swords with me in this particular regard, I'll slice you and your pinko history teacher to shreds.
You'll believe the lies of those who want to destroy the nation that protects your rights rather than have any faith in the brilliant men who created the country with the help of an Almighty God.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Jingles, what are you, 18 years old with just the basic bull crap fed to you by your liberal teacher?
Go to the political scandal forum, read Paper #45 and attempt to digest the words of a great man. Whether you are sober, drunk or dropping acid, I doubt you'll comprehend, but give it a shot.

As far as drunks are concerned, I'd say there is a much greater chance of you being a genius than the majority of the founding fathers being drunks. In other words, there is no chance. Don' try and cross swords with me in this particular regard, I'll slice you and your pinko history teacher to shreds.
You'll believe the lies of those who want to destroy the nation that protects your rights rather than have any faith in the brilliant men who created the country with the help of an Almighty God.

Dude, the Cold War is over.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What, Colonel, are you saying that if the wealthy did not have their wealth, you'd somehow be able to create more wealth for yourself. Typical liberal maneuver, blame others for their own shortcomings. No point or position here, just another case of Colonel gas being expelled in public.
Tax breaks, Colonel? You are so envious of the wealthy that you'll lie and cheat to steal from them, when the truth of the matter is that the top 5% pay well over half of all income tax taken in by the government. And what does this have to do with the government violating the constitution of the united states of America, stealing from the people, taking power fro mthe states, where it belongs, and doing the real damage to your ability to excel, other than your natural lack of character (after all, you are an Esquire, which is in itself, unconstitutional).

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
"Dude, the Cold War is over". What a brilliant response - not!
You are totally wrong and you know it, and as all well trained liberals do, you try and play with the topic, squirm around the point and whatever it takes, ignore or cast lies at the Founding Fathers and the constitution.
As you can see in the political scandal forum, I grew weary of you liberals' lies, found a site that had the Federalist Papers, and posted them, so that all could see your lies and shortcomings.
Your bullcrap is exposed, deal with it. But of course you won't, you guys will merely lie. Your party coupled with the Republicrat party will continue to destroy the nation, and in the end, you will suffer with the rest of us. Only you'll be the moron that helped them accomplish their goal.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   

What, Colonel, are you saying that if the wealthy did not have their wealth, you'd somehow be able to create more wealth for yourself. Typical liberal maneuver, blame others for their own shortcomings. No point or position here, just another case of Colonel gas being expelled in public.
Tax breaks, Colonel? You are so envious of the wealthy that you'll lie and cheat to steal from them, when the truth of the matter is that the top 5% pay well over half of all income tax taken in by the government. And what does this have to do with the government violating the constitution of the united states of America, stealing from the people, taking power fro mthe states, where it belongs, and doing the real damage to your ability to excel, other than your natural lack of character (after all, you are an Esquire, which is in itself, unconstitutional).

The wealthy should be GLAD to pay higher taxes for the privileges that they enjoy---moreso than the rest of society. But, greed is a part of the Spirit of Cain. That's why they steal and thieve like Ken Lay, Neil Bush of the Silverado S &L scandal, the Bush Crime Family and their dealings with the Nazis. This is what they do. This is all they do.

But, one day, there will be a reckoning.

And, taking power from the States? If the feds didn't do that, I wouldn't have had a decent education b/c I wouldn't be allowed to attend a decent school! or drink at a bar of my choice! or eat at a resturant of my choice! Or use the damn bathroom! Screw your State's Rights which is just code for racial segregation!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   

"Dude, the Cold War is over". What a brilliant response - not!
You are totally wrong and you know it, and as all well trained liberals do, you try and play with the topic, squirm around the point and whatever it takes, ignore or cast lies at the Founding Fathers and the constitution.
As you can see in the political scandal forum, I grew weary of you liberals' lies, found a site that had the Federalist Papers, and posted them, so that all could see your lies and shortcomings.
Your bullcrap is exposed, deal with it. But of course you won't, you guys will merely lie. Your party coupled with the Republicrat party will continue to destroy the nation, and in the end, you will suffer with the rest of us. Only you'll be the moron that helped them accomplish their goal.

Ya know. You come straight out of a comic book. I don't squirm. I tell the truth straight up. You squirm for the death of the confederacy! It's over, baby! Move on.

We had the Federalist Society at my law school. Bunch of Nazis if I ever saw one.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You should know about the spirit of Cain, as you are a trained liar, and I am beginning to believe that you knew how to lie long before you accepted a title of nobility not IAW the constitution.

Nobody should be GLAD to pay higher taxes because they earned the Americvan dream, were successful at the pursuit of financial wealth. Progressive taxes are stealing, and you know that. Sit around with your other thieving, non-wannabe-successful pity-party friends and pass that lie back and forth until you all have visions of the hammer and sickle dancing before your pinko eyes, but I know better than that BS.

If you are so blithering stupid as to think that states' rights was all about segregation, you are far less intelligent for which I'd earlier gave you credit. You probably actually think the Emancipation Proclamation "freed" you, don't you? The slaves were nothing more than a side bar in the Civil Police Action, and they would have been freed regardless of wther or not the country remained on the road to national success, rather than down the path of personal liberty destruction.
Decent education? You call this crap decent education? You are so wrapped up in the monstrous federal government you don't have the mental horsepower to imagine how it could be if the states had their authority AND their money, rather than having it stolen by the Feds. Were it not for the enormous Fed, the states would have individual and successful education systems, they'd be able to take care of those who actually needed help...things would actually be in a manner that would give you sniveling, pinko gutter crawlers nothing to whine about - unless being forced, as an able-bodied man, to work and support himself and his family is something to whine about. Still, you'd have the Biblical choice, work or go hungry. But that's right, you don't want to hear God's word when it means you are to be personally responsible.

You are Cain.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Colonel, you are capable of doing nothing but muddying the waters (although it only works on ignorant people, not me) and making points about comic books and water fountains. You cannot discuss anything in a factual or logical manner. AS with all moronic liberals who despise the American way of life and will go to any extent to destroy it, you just want to make emotional noises and not deal with logic and factual truth.

Furthermore, I do not believe you are an Esquire. You are too totally ignorant of fact to have had any formal education whatsoever. Not that formal education will instill much information nowadays, but some is better than none.

Your enlightening addition to the conversation is, "We had the Federalist Society at my law school. Bunch of Nazis if I ever saw one."

I posted plenty of information for you to read, now trot on over to the political scandal forum and try to read and comprehend some inforamtion. While it is true that Brother James had no idea we'd be dumbed down to this extent (He had no idea Public Education was on the horizon) maybe you'll be able to use a dictionary and pick up on the big words. Start with paper#45, as it pertains to this conversation.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Thomas Crown....you have just made a new fan!!

Speak the truth, maybe one day they will wisen up!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Know

Oh, God. Another limp-wristed sychophant.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by Dr. Know

Oh, God. Another limp-wristed sychophant.

Colonel =

Keep up the comic relief Colonel, it's been a rough week. I can use the laughs!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Nobody should be GLAD to pay higher taxes because they earned the Americvan dream, were successful at the pursuit of financial wealth.

Oh, you mean like Dubya? We should all EARN our American dream like him with our own special rich boy Affirmative Action. Or maybe we should all strive to be like the Bush Crime Family to attain the American Dream? I mean, it IS honorable to trade with the enemy and grow rich when your country's soldiers are dying in the battle field, particularly when you're dealing with the Nazis.

Progressive taxes are stealing, and you know that. Sit around with your other thieving, non-wannabe-successful pity-party friends and pass that lie back and forth until you all have visions of the hammer and sickle dancing before your pinko eyes, but I know better than that BS.

People, I want you to see this. I want you to see how the repugnant turns into a frothing idiot madman when he has to entertain a modicum of human decency. See, how he reverts to warlike epithets like "pinko" when its clear to all that THE COLD WAR IS OVER! I'm not kidding. These people eat dead babies and drink the blood of the slain.

If you are so blithering stupid as to think that states' rights was all about segregation, you are far less intelligent for which I'd earlier gave you credit.

It's "code" today for segregation, thanks to Strom Thurmond and Trent Lott. Now, I want you all to see how the repugnant would rather LIE than face the truth. This is what they do. This is all they do. Know this and you will be better able to deal with them.

You probably actually think the Emancipation Proclamation "freed" you, don't you?

I was born in the West Indies.

Still, you'd have the Biblical choice, work or go hungry. But that's right, you don't want to hear God's word when it means you are to be personally responsible.

Now, don't even bring God's word into it, Son of Cain. You know how you are...

"Get a job, Bub. Get it together. Not my problem that you don't have a quarter to get that McD's burger special. PRAISE JESUS!"

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
The U.S. Constitution begins: "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the genreral Welfare, and secrue the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and estalish this Contitution for the United States of America."

Colonel
I do not post much on this board, and until this comment, I have pretty much disagreed with EVERYTHING you have said. As much as it pains me to say, I have to agree with you on this. Now while I agree on this, and her is where I think we will differ, I'm willing to help any American who is willing to help themselves, but I'm not willing to help those who are willing to take advantage of the system.
Colonel, I hope you do not rip me a new azz!!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Quoting an aristocrat won't get you anywhere TC. James Madison didn't like the idea of democracy--he believed that the government should be controlled by the owners--the rich. Democracy calls for all to have voice and since the many tend to rule the few...and the many tend to be poor...he hated the idea of democracy and spoke against it often. He supposed that america would fail because the rich would be run out of town. He just didn't know how powerful the pull of opportunity could be. It makes the poor protect the rich with all their might. He'd surely be happy with the america he helped to create if he were alive today. He'd be a republican--he wanted a republic after all--to him, democracy was a threat to wealth. Republicans believe this today. They just don't have balls as big as James Madison so they'll never say that.

The framers were sick, but intelligent. I guess a certain amount of insanity comes with genius. I won't assume this is the kinda thing you want taught to your son in school. Protect personal wealth at all cost because its good for your country. The rich should rule the poor because they own the land, and so on. I don't think you believe this way. I don't think you are as sick and greedy as James Madison.

We all should share the burden. No one class should be held responsible for the debt of the services we offer to our society. I don't agree with Colonel and I don't agree with TC, either. Taxes are a responsibility we all should share equally. It would be this way if there weren't so many James Madison's running around Washington--sick on their own greed.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Saphronia]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No attacks from me. But this system was created to take advatage of the poor worker. All I'm asking is just a little bit of help for the guy that's poor; just lost his job, etc. and a little bit of justice for the fabulously wealthy who subvert the laws (or break them) to line their pockets at our expense which NEVER happens.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules

Colonel
I'm willing to help any American who is willing to help themselves, but I'm not willing to help those who are willing to take advantage of the system.
Colonel, I hope you do not rip me a new azz!!

Now, ya see. This is how they do. If I said, "welfare," you'd say let those lay-asses get a job. However, if I said, help another a bit who happens to be down on his luck, you have no problem.

However, the second statement IS the definition of welfare. Words are coded in this society to get you to react in a certain way and its evil.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   

First things first, logiclock, why do you think I owe the state of Alabama $4k for tuition reimbursement?

My bad. I thought the $4k was given to correctional officers.

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by logiclock]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:58 AM
link   

And further,

I read your post, LT.

Is this me?

You are now adding to it. What business did you start?

I didn't start any, but I was part of one; it was software consulting. I wrote user manuals and instructions.

I know guys who have low startup lawn care services that are bringing in some serious Jack.

And I knew some guys who sold dope. For every success story, there is a failure story. How many failures could be turned around from a college education?

That is just one example. And, even if education is a need, go and get it! You don't have to get it at others' expense. Its your life, make your priorities, set your goals and go after them.

Okay. How does this relate to college funding? First you say you'd be in favor of "charities," next you say "you don't have to get it at other's expense." You're not being consistent.

You're comparing the military to corporate America to creating your own business? Your thoughts are convoluted.

Absolutely not. I'm comparing upward mobility in corporate America versus the military. Chances of mobility are higher in both sectors with college degrees.

Regardless, it does not take the government, ie., the taxpayers, to pay for your college. I have my own family to worry about, I cannot afford to worry about yours.

So you want a good economy, you want children to know "calculus and chemistry," and you want the crime rate to fall, but you don't want to help. If that's your prerogative, fine. I can't argue with that.

Were you not so taxed by a monstrous government, maybe you could pursue your dreams more easily.

I got 100% tax breaks. If I got paid more by big corporations, I could pursue my dreams more easily.

As far as rehabilitation, I doubt much has changed in the last 11 years when it comes to human nature. No, giving an education does not change a human. As a matter of fact, according to your reasoning, corporate, white collar crime is a myth.

How do you figure that? Funny, I don't remembering even mentioning white collar crime. Sure, it's a problem, but I'd rather have a guy funneling off money from my Visa card than have guys running dope in the apartment next to me.

Even if it were a fact, is it "fair" (I know liberals are all about fairness)

I'm a liberal now?

that I have to pay for both the tuition of a criminal that had all the advantages I had when growing up (public education, free lunches, free transportation to and from school, welfare for the families, etc.) as well as my own familiy? No, I do not think so. The payoff for responsibility should not be to subsidize the degenerates of society, beyond prison costs.

So what options do they have when they get out of prison? Get a job at Exxon as a corporate lawyer?

By the way, while my family was not at all well to do, as a matter of fact, we ate cheap stuff on a regular basis that most nowadays would not eat on a camping trip, we did not do the welfare thing.

Well, I'm happy for you. In school, I had to eat free lunches and I got teased for it. You know what I could have eaten if it wasn't for free lunches? Nothing.

As far as the public education, there wasn't really a thing called home-schooling, and my parents abided by the law and sent us to school.
Speaking of which, while I was a correctional officer
(To answer your earlier ignorant question, the inmates got free education, not the correctional officers)

Okay. My bad. I thought it was the correctional officers.

I saw a few people with whom I went to public school. While I wore blue, they wore white, with numbers on their shirts. What was the difference? Why, when I went to the military and served my country and went on from there, they decided to be dirtbags? I don't know, but education didn't help up to that point.
No, your are quite wrong. College doesn't make you "better citizens" but it can very well make you a better criminal. College does not create character. Far from it.

And what gives people better character? Family values? What about people with dysfunctional families? What about people with no families?

I am in no way saying an education is a bad thing, not at all. If you want it, go and get it. You already have gotten some, but there is more to get, so go for it! I am! But we should not expect the taxpayers to pay for it.

I can't argue with that. If you don't want to share, then that's your business.

Now, let's say that the feds haven't violated the constitution 6 ways from Sunday and we weren't spending money in numerous other ways we shouldn't be, then would it be such a heavy burden to do this unconstitutional thing (No matter how you play with the words, it would be unconstitutional)? Maybe not. But, you see, this money people want to spend doesn't come from nowhere, it comes from the taxpayers. You know, the ones who are at the same time trying to pay for their own way through this world.

What's unconstitutional?

Dude... do you really want to live in a world where, when you need some help, people say "tough luck?" I sure don't. It sounds like you don't want to spend anything on anyone. If you truly believe that getting taxed an extra few bucks to fund the local state college is a fate worse than death, then what can I say? The only thing I can say is that college makes for smarter, well-informed people, and something should be in place to make it more accessible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join