It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XM8 and FN2000

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
www.janes.com...

"499 of 1696 words

[End of non-subscriber extract.]

The full version of this article is accessible through our subscription services. Please refer to the box below for details."

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
short, anyway you've propably seen this

Still, very impressive.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
According to officials working for HK USA, the XM-8 will be offered to law-enforcement agencies but would probably never be offered as a civilian semi-auto rifle whether or not the Assault Rifle Ban is lifted or not.

On the other hand it is reported that HK is working on a modified G-36 upper receiver that can interface with the M-4/M-16 lower receiver, thus u'd be able to use M-16 NATO magazines. Another plus is the fact that the gas driven system of the M-16 series would be replaced by the more effective piston driven system of the G-36.

Soldier of Fortune
February 2004

"H&K's XM8
Modular Assault Weapon System"

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Fulcrum,

Yes that is what I hate about Janes too!

Can they show the WHOLE thing?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

A little sand never hurt noone...

Okay, it did...

The gun is still operational.
Or is this just propaganda?

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Johnny]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The xm8 doesn't impress me as much as the G11 did, however I could see why the caseless ammo hindered that project.

The FAMAS is still my personal fave for tactical assault rifle. Wish a Semi-Auto version would be sold to the public.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
sand okay but what about water it got electronics can this work. ?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
sand okay but what about water it got electronics can this work. ?

The gun is based on the G36, which works quite well after being taken out of water. And the only electronics would be the sithting system (seems the scope has electronic parts, also Land Warrior upgrade would be useless wet)

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This seem to be all pictures on the XM8 ever released

THIS SEEMS IMPORTAINT
THE G36KV

G36 GETS XM8 MAG AND BOLT RELEASE AS WELL AS FOLDING AND RETRACTABLE STOCK.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The XM8 has been proven to be opperational under the most rough conditions. It is made from a very powerful polymere(Space-age).

It will not break as easily as everyone expects it to break.

I believe it will become the new M16A2.

After looking into the weapon quite a bit, I believe it not only looks promising, but will be promising. The U.S. military wil not invest in a weapon that will break from falling to the ground, so it must be everything it is said to be.

All anyone can do is wait.

Shatterd OUT...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Look how they throw sand on the XM8. They push it from butt to front. That way sand will not get into the barrel.

Snecky people... But they cant trick me!

Out,
Russian

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Hehe Russian, its not that we are out of metal! Its for lighter carrying, easier accessibility, etc..don't judge a book by its cover..

That thing looks badass to me

-wD

its lighter but it will break faster.

it will get clogged faster.

it will be a peice of trash after it falls from a truck...

I think your wrong. these plastics are proably mad strong not the stuff your toy from your happy meal is made of.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Hehe Russian, its not that we are out of metal! Its for lighter carrying, easier accessibility, etc..don't judge a book by its cover..

That thing looks badass to me

-wD

its lighter but it will break faster.

it will get clogged faster.

it will be a peice of trash after it falls from a truck...

I think your wrong. these plastics are proably mad strong not the stuff your toy from your happy meal is made of.

Sorry but that was an old post and I have learned more since then. Also it will break faster. Plastic is plastic. Metal will always be stronger.

Out,
Russian

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Is the XM8 incorperating any of the G11 abilities?
looks like quite a rifle the G11, much better in my veiw than the XM8 but thats just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Look how they throw sand on the XM8. They push it from butt to front. That way sand will not get into the barrel.

Snecky people... But they cant trick me!

Out,
Russian

Well not exactly, I have witnessed this action on the History Channel "Mail Call".

It seems to be very dependable.

That is all I have to say, and I do not think it incorperates any features of the HK G11.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

That is all I have to say, and I do not think it incorperates any features of the HK G11.

Shattered OUT...

oh ok just wondering, shame some of the G11 and LMG11 stuff would have been good in the XM8.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Button is used to set delay for the (40mm?) grenades..

Delay after penetration/after hitting a obstacle..

From what I saw. I hope I'm talking the right hardware. Looks exact same, but the bullets I saw were 20mm, I am pretty sure. Maybe the OICW and not the F2000?

But, yeah...that was it. Delay penetration. They showed a bunch of shots. You could have no delay, use the penetration only (no explosion), or set delay. They were shooting through walls, windows, doors, cement, etc...

Crazy!

Your right the OICW/M-29 has a 20mm semi auto grendae launcher. The reason for the ablity to set when the round goes off is for air burst. So if somebody is hiding behind a wall or in a hole you send the round right over top and blow it up over their heads. Thats how the OICW works I dont know to much about the fn-2000 besides what I played in Splinter cell

As for the XM-8 the thing is made by HK people they dont make cheap pieces of crap they make some of the best guns on the planet. Can anyone say MP-5. And for anyone that talks about the battery going dead and the gun becoming useless if this happened it would only effect the air burst of the grenades and thats it. You wouldnt have any airburst and they would become impact grenades thats all.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

As for the XM-8 the thing is made by HK people they dont make cheap pieces of crap they make some of the best guns on the planet. Can anyone say MP-5. And for anyone that talks about the battery going dead and the gun becoming useless if this happened it would only effect the air burst of the grenades and thats it. You wouldnt have any airburst and they would become impact grenades thats all.

hell yeah HK rule !
mp-5 nice nice gun, MP-7 looks nice as well.
yeah i was thnking since they were the same company they might add some of the features like the 2000+ RPM
rate of fire!!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Sorry but that was an old post and I have learned more since then. Also it will break faster. Plastic is plastic. Metal will always be stronger.

Out,
Russian

I dont think thats always correct theres a reason why companies are turning to plastic clips instead of metal ones for guns now. You drop a metal clip on concrete it dents and can become useless you drop a plastic clip it does not dent it willnot break.Plastic parts can be stronger than metal parts.

Most plastic materials have greater chemical resistance than most metals. Plastics do not rust or oxidize as metals do and most are not affected, as are metals, by acids or base compounds.

www.plastics1.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yes, very nice, I do not know why so many people are against using plastic when it comes to metal weapons, maybe plastic can actually help the weapon.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join