It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to indentify an ancient god !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
and this is the pic turned around somewhat to give a front look somewhat!!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic Some1 even told me he was under the impression it looked like a image he knew of Gilgamesh. So know i'm looking for a god that has some TELETUBBIE antenna on his head !! dating from timeline BC

ahh ok that is good to know. Can you give me the cultcher of Gilgamesh? Might help in case I can not find it.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Originally posted by Spartannic Some1 even told me he was under the impression it looked like a image he knew of Gilgamesh. So know i'm looking for a god that has some TELETUBBIE antenna on his head !! dating from timeline BC

ahh ok that is good to know. Can you give me the cultcher of Gilgamesh? Might help in case I can not find it.
this is some background info on Gilgamesh his story:

Wikis thingy on gilgamesh

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I found what Gilgamesh is. It is a Babaloyned story. I found a few pictuers of King Gilgamesh and cannot relate the pictuer you posed with any of the pictuers of Gilgamesh, with the exception of the eyes of corse.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
well most pictures i found of gilgamesh prove the same , but i found 1 pic that looks somewhat like it but the difference still is to big to compare with!! while i was looking i found it easier to compare it with some egyptian gods then with babylonian gods !!

From what i recall of the "The God With The Antenna" is : that he used the thing on his head to comunnicate with the other gods

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic

From what i recall of the "The God With The Antenna" is : that he used the thing on his head to comunnicate with the other gods

Yes I have not found anything with the antenna yet, but I did note that the ancient Egyptian cultcher goes back to about 3200 bc, so it still could be the eye of Horus.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What i'm also wondering about is :

Are there ppl up here who think it could be an image made by nature ?? Meaning its not manmade but made true the years by wind,sand,etc ???

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Dagon could be a contender if we're talking about Middle Eastern Fish Gods...

Dagon is mentioned in the bible and fits the profile roughly:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic

Are there ppl up here who think it could be an image made by nature ?? Meaning its not manmade but made true the years by wind,sand,etc ???

yes I do think that but I was operating on the information that it is indeed a picture of something.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It looks like a rock crevasse to me. Or something. I can barely make out the picture.

In fact I'm confused by the wording of your post, how is that image in any way supposed to be a "God"?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
It looks like a rock crevasse to me. Or something. I can barely make out the picture.

In fact I'm confused by the wording of your post, how is that image in any way supposed to be a "God"?
Well if u guys read the first post it roughly says : that i was looking to some pics of my dad from when he was in the army and suddenly my eyes fell on that part of a pic and i seemed to remember a pic from god that resembled it ! So i put the thing up here to see if i got any feedback!!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
if you 'remembered' a pic from a god that resembled it can you perchance remember the context of what you saw and where? That might narrow it down...

Does this mean this pic may not actually be a (representation of a) god at all in fact? Just so we don't chase our tails here

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
if you 'remembered' a pic from a god that resembled it can you perchance remember the context of what you saw and where? That might narrow it down...

Does this mean this pic may not actually be a (representation of a) god at all in fact? Just so we don't chase our tails here
It was in 1 of those books where they link piramids to orion and the annunaki . There in 1 of the tablets they show in pic. There is a figure who has a antennalike thing on his head like a stick with a loop on the end ! I wish i could give you guys a list of the books i read but they are mostly Dutch so i guess that would be any help!

But guys thx anyway !!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Might be a little off base hear but I thought of what you are looking for when I found this.

It is known that the center of the cult was the Mithraeum, either an adapted natural cave or cavern, preferably sanctified by previous local religious usage, or an artificial building imitating a cavern. Mithraea were dark and windowless, even if they were not actually in a subterranean space or in a natural cave. When possible, the mithraeum was constructed within or below an existing building. The site of a mithraeum may also be identified by its separate entrance or vestibule, its "cave", called the 'spelaeum' or 'spelunca', with raised benches along the side walls for the ritual meal, and its sanctuary at the far end, often in a recess, before which the pedestal-like altar stood.
link

The used caves and the figure to represent the deity was a man slaying a bull. The bulls horns might be the antenna in the picture.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

It was in 1 of those books where they link piramids to orion and the annunaki

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
That tiny fragment can't be the whole picture. My dad took lots of photos, and they're all much larger than that. Adjust your scanner or whatever, and give us the full photo.

And don't just enlarge that same photo in photoshop... that's a useless technique.

Rescan and show the whole thing (with the photo borders) and give us some idea of what time period he would have been taking the photo (which war.)

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You're probably misremembering something. There's no god in any pantheon like that.

Yes I have not found anything with the antenna yet, but I did note that the ancient Egyptian cultcher goes back to about 3200 bc, so it still could be the eye of Horus.

Eye of Horus was one of the possibilities, but there were a lot of others. Until we see the WHOLE picture, though, and scanned at a reasonable resolution, it could be anything from bad photography of a buddy's target practice to a bad photo of an Arabic building.

We need to see the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
wel guy this is the picture scanned in the best way my low-tech equipment can do! And i've been trying to get something out of my father but he can't remember ! The places he stayed in are :

Syria , greece , Irak , Germany and Guinea But as i said before he can't recall were he got the picture from !!

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Spartannic]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
ah well thats much better
that is quite clearly the great god "slatebed" the god of the triassic mudstone civilisation

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well, that's not an artifact on an archaeological site. An artifact that had such a feature exposed would ALSO have its edges exposed... so you'd see it as an inscription on a block or a column or something. The photograph focuses on a track of some sort (like a tire track)-- but it's not a boundary of a building or anything else.

Looks like landscape, to be honest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join