It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which agency would have the most knowledge?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Of all the various goverment agencies and military agencies which particular one would have the most inside potential knowledge on this topic? The Air Forces Intelligence unit?... the Army? CIA? NSA?... I know people are likely going to say all the above or...Illuminati... but I'm serious, which agency would likely be the controlling force regarding the topic of an Alien presence?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The most likley agency would in fact be no agency at all. The agency would be a "ghost" agency, one which workes within and unbenounced to the goverment itself. Such an agency to handle UFO phenomenon would contain the most powerful people in the world, not presidents and primeministers but the true leaders of established civilization. This agency would be unknown to all but the people within it, it could be hidden within a public (in the sense that the public knows of its existance) organization such as the CIA or NSA.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'd have to say dept of naval intelligence, but thats just a wag.(sorry for the 1 liner.)

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i know cia handles the drug industry and the navy are way more advanced than we think and even the public knows.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I thought the NSA was responsible for alot of the Men In Black activity. Also i've read rumors that the CIA operates area 51 and other black budget projects. I know the real oganization would be a branch off of one of these major organizations (Naval Intel, CIA, NSA). Also what role does the Dept. of Energy play? Do all of these organizations share the knowledge of a alien presence or it is private domain of one controlling agency? I realize its all speculation, but i'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

[edit on 25-12-2006 by hiii_98]

[edit on 25-12-2006 by hiii_98]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
At one point CIA operated significant aerial and space-based surveillance, hence their original interest in A51 as a launch location for U-2 and SR-71.

NRO now operates satellites but CIA has significant interest as a "customer" of the data thereby provided. Unclear about planes, but it may be CIA equipment and CIA tasks being performed by Air Force personnel (like at A51). But other U-2 and SR-71 and whatever other tasks could also be ordered by Defense Intelligence Agency. E.g. stuff for Iraq and soldier-oriented intelligence is useful for them. Not sure whether DNI or AFOSI are part of them. CIA has strong interest in conventional black program intelligence for Iran and North Korea, for example, the way they once did for the USSR.

As far as hypothetical UFO's, the two questions are "where is the money coming from", and "who is doing it".

The DOE's role in a supposed UFO project would be pretty clear: because of the nuclear (and now diversified) labs, they have the best facilities and scientists for the theoretical reverse-engineering and figuring out how things worked. The military branches each have their own research labs, but they are more directed to meet specific military goals as well as basic research. This would be pretty conventional (but high-tech) things like missile tracking and counter measures, sonar and radar technology, etc.

If UFOs were ETs who could control gravity then that super high-level things (particle physics and gravitation) would probably be done only at a few of the national labs. I personally think even they would not be able to accomplish much without putting it in the open for the entire academic community; a problem that difficult and advanced isn't really solvable in secret. That could take 100+ years of work by the world's physics and engineering community. It would be like attempting to clone a modern mobile phone back in the day before Maxwell's equations would be understood.

The DOE labs would not have any involvement in human intelligence. Maybe that would be DNI, AFOSI and if they wanted to be fully legal, FBI. From a legal point of view, aliens are indeed aliens in the immigration sense of the word and surveillance thereof is an authorized law enforcement matter.

The agencies would be tasked to do what they are good at:

CIA: synthesis and analysis, human intelligence
DNI, AFOSI: human intelligence/security re military facilities
DOE: physics and engineering
NSA: signal communication & acquisition, linguistics, cryptography, math
USAF, NRO: tracking atmospheric & space objects
FBI: interrogation & arrests

There would undoubtably be turf wars. I also doubt NASA has any involvement, it is very civilian and mostly unclassified.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
I'd have to say dept of naval intelligence

Along those lines I've always thought the navy...of any nation really.

For America, I've always figured it's the ONR, is it still called the ONR? Hup, yep still ONR:
www.onr.navy.mil...

Why the Office of Naval Research? Because I figure anything that can travel through the vacumn of the ocean can travel through the vacumn of space.

So really who has more experience than the Navy.

But this of course is simply my opinion and certainly not a wholey original thought, but there you have it.

SPiderj

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Actually i would be very surprised if there is such a thing as an agency handlling the UFO phenomena/Alien contact/etc. More likely it´s a very small group of people scattered across multiple diciplins who is in "the know". In such a scenario most people who works on/with/in the UFO business probably don´t know what exactly they are dealing with. Keep the task small enough and there´s no way you can get wider view of what you are doing. Very effective!

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'd agree with the idea above. You're likley looking at an extremely small group of people with authority in various agencies who are "in the know" on the subject. Early (possibly authentic) paperwork points to just such a group being established (what many refer to as MJ-12, or MAJIC (Military Assessment Joint Intelligence Committee), though it is highly unlikely they have gone by that name in recent decades. A group made up of top (and defense contracted) scientists, key intel figures, and military brass is exactly what you'd want, and this was the team as originally configured. Seems the modern day team would be likewise (though more members, and likely even involving those in other nations).

Compartmentalization would be the key in keeping the secret, where only this top group would have all the answers (and even then, it's likely broken up into areas, such as biological, personal tech, vehicular tech, weaponry, etc.), with nobody knowing all aspects of all areas. Thus, one guy even on the inside, would have little knowledge outside his own niche'. Assuming such a group exists, this secret has been kept for a long time, and extremely fervently, and that could only be accomplished with compartmentalization.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The National Air & Space Intelligence Center are quire clear as to their mission:

The National Air and Space Intelligence Center, with headquarters at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, is the primary Department of Defense producer of foreign aerospace intelligence. NASIC develops its products by analyzing all available data on foreign aerospace forces and weapons systems to determine performance characteristics, capabilities, vulnerabilities, and intentions. Center assessments are also an important factor in shaping national security and defense policies. As the DoD experts on foreign aerospace system capabilities, the center historically has also been involved in supporting American weapons treaty negotiations and verification.

www.aia.af.mil...

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
so if you ever wanted to get a hint as to the reality of this potential great mystery which branch would someone make a career out of? Astronaut? Navy? Radar Operator?...if so what field? Human Intel? CIA? NSA? Government Scientist? All the above? I honestly think one branch tends to have alittle more savy on this topic for even it's lower echelon members could potentially be in on the secret. If you think 12 members are the only people who control all and know all, i dont think we can fully see the whole picture. I think some government groups tend to handle and have more authority than others concerning this matter, and yes their bosses would have more clearance than their subordinates.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Which would would have authority over the others on this topic? In other words who tells who what to do? For example the military operates Area 51 , however the base was built because the CIA comissioned it. So in this instance yes the Air Force runs the base, and yes DOE scientists likely work there, however the true puppet masters would have to be the CIA or someone above them. This is just my own conclusions... but I would assume one agency has more controlling rights than the others regarding alien/ufos (if they even exist).

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Despite its name, the "Department of the Navy" has very LITTLE to do with the actual United States Navy. Its existence is known only by an extremely limited number of individuals and its actual mission is known by an even smaller number. The Department of the Navy's purpose is to direct extraordinary unique activities in relation to extraterrestrial biological entities [EBEs] and alien technologies with the primary missions of combating alien operations which are hostile to the national security of the United States, gathering and exploiting alien technologies, and the containment of premature disclosure of information regarding the presence and intentions of the EBEs.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dOmeshoT
Despite its name, the "Department of the Navy" has very LITTLE to do with the actual United States Navy. Its existence is known only by an extremely limited number of individuals and its actual mission is known by an even smaller number. The Department of the Navy's purpose is to direct extraordinary unique activities in relation to extraterrestrial biological entities [EBEs] and alien technologies with the primary missions of combating alien operations which are hostile to the national security of the United States, gathering and exploiting alien technologies, and the containment of premature disclosure of information regarding the presence and intentions of the EBEs.

The Navy seems the place to go for advanced technology.

People have a severe lack of identifying physical traits these days.

How did the unscene alien make such a presence in the common
culture when reality shows abound without any mention.

I say the Alien ET might be real because so much is made up on TV
and movies, internet videos and the only thing real on TV is cooking
with MARTHA STEWART.

JSR

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
the agency with the most knowlage would be [REMOVED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT].

that agency used to be headed up by [REMOVED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT] who used to work for [REMOVED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT].

some say the agency is based in New Mexico. it realy resides in [REMOVED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT].

anyway, hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR
the agency with the most knowlage would be [REMOVED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT].

that agency used to be headed up by [REMOVED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT] who used to work for [REMOVED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT].

some say the agency is based in New Mexico. it realy resides in [REMOVED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT].

anyway, hope that helps.

Why wasn't New Mexico [REMOVED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT].

That was our best information, now the ETs must have gone or
else New Mexico would have been [REMOVED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT].

How do the ETs know whats posted on the boards, I mean a rock
n' roll forum had a UK web write up on Mexico chasing UFOS
accoss to USA posted and the mod comes on and says he was
requested to delete the post, he didn't.

But even how do they even get all this web information.
Much less contacting all the mods.

And all those terror bomb threats years ago and now conspiracy
pushers say the FBI bought materials for the 1993 WTC bomb
and monitored the group and did not stop them.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hi. What's with the "[REMOVED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT]" in the last few posts? I am very suprised to see this! Is this a hoax or what? I thought there was no sensorship in the western media(hypothetically speaking) and especially in the United States of America which prides itself in freedom of speech and liberty!

If we have potential evidence from other sites on any conspiracy topic(whether accurate or not) are we allowed to post or link to it? In other words, what CAN be said here and what CANNOT???? Are we even jeopardizing our personal safety just by posting here? I am sure the NSA, FBI and CIA read/track all posts, emails and phone calls with the pretense threat of terrorism and threat to national security. I guess ufo/alien information also falls under national security? In fact, the illuminati governments are probably so desperate to keep this information secret that they hire professional debunker agents just so they can monitor and patrol what is being said here. Hint: If someone is quick to debunk your story i would be suspicious!

I would appreciate a moderator shedding some "real light" to the questions/statements I just proposed!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i find that odd too, you can always write something and then take a screenshot of it and then show the picture and the text cannot be censored.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
quote:

Which would would have authority over the others on this topic? In other words who tells who what to do? For example the military operates Area 51 , however the base was built because the CIA comissioned it. So in this instance yes the Air Force runs the base, and yes DOE scientists likely work there, however the true puppet masters would have to be the CIA or someone above them. This is just my own conclusions... but I would assume one agency has more controlling rights than the others regarding alien/ufos (if they even exist).
user profilefind postssend u2u

I doubt it. All these agencies are competitive and jealous of each other's resources and tasked areas. Example: In the Afghan war, the DOD was very jealous of the CIA which had great initial success in converting tribsemen to topple the Taliban (with sacks of cash). Rumsfeld et al were very unresponsive in giving major military support when CIA requested it---Osama bin Laden got away. But that's because DOD had no Afghanistan plan, and CIA did. In Iraq, CIA was mostly shut out or made subordinate. (if they had listened to the low level analysts who knew the stuff the answer would be 'don't do it')

Since UFOs---at least as either a national security threat or extraterrestrial beings---are not openly acknoweldged this problem would be presumably be even worse than usual. It is the express job of the National Security Adviser to attempt to disentangle the big bureaucracies and turf wars---and eventually the President himself.

If the NS Adviser and President aren't read in---then there will certainly be huge interagency problems with UFOs.

JSR

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticGreek74
Hi. What's with the "[REMOVED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT]" in the last few posts?

i was just trying to be funny.

i thought it was quite witty, if i do say so myself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join