It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers News..!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
West Ham starlet Anton Ferdinand will be asked to plug the gap left by Glen Johnson's departure for Chelsea.

Anton plays at center back but according to West Ham they have been playing him at right back for nearly a year now...Well what the hell is all that about did they have it planned that Johnson would go as soon as he played a few 1st team games and was grooming Anton to take the right back spot....

No, it was always felt that he wouldn't cut it at centre back so the switch was always on the cards. Don't really rate him though, I'd prefer Seb got a game.

TRD

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah i would like to see Seb back in the side..

But what is going on now Roeder said his hands are tied and johnson now gone West Ham are considering accepting bids on Kanoute,Sinclair,Defoe and then Cole...Yes all 4 to leave i cant believe it and Roeder has already said he cant stop it and the 1st team squad is already done to 12...

I wouldnt mind too much if Sinclair and Kanoute went and that was the only 2 but if they let more than that go we are in trouble we won't come back up and that would be our lot...

The board has a lot to answer for...

TRD

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It looks like Sinclair is going after agreeing personal terms with Man C...At this rate we wont be able to field a side,thats 12 payers gone from west ham already......

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The Hammers Suck,not the players and not even the manager.Its your board they are a disgrace i nearly feel sorry for West Ham.

TRD

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
West Ham midfielder Trevor Sinclair has completed his transfer to Manchester City.

Well another one goes,i dont know what to say at the moment i hope the selling will stop..

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The Football Association have charged West Ham's Joe Cole and Rufus Brevett with misconduct for incidents during and after the match at Bolton on April 19.

Midfielder Cole has been charged with improper conduct for his involvement in the mass confrontation on the pitch and for confronting the fourth official on leaving the field of play, and with abusive and/or insulting words in the same incident.

Defender Brevett has been charged with three counts of improper conduct for his involvement in the mass confrontation, for appearing to strike Bolton's Kevin Nolan, and for allegedly barging deliberately into a police officer on leaving the pitch.

West Ham lost the game 1-0 - the only defeat in their last 11 games as their bid to preserve their Barclaycard Premiership status ended in last-day heartbreak.

The players, who have 14 days in which to respond to the charges, last month discovered they will not face criminal charges over the incidents.

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Glenn Roeder hopes to sign former England midfielder Rob Lee to a one-year contract when West Ham return from their pre-season tour of Sweden.

The Hammers manager is eager to add to his depleted squad, which has been further weakened by the departures of Les Ferdinand, Glen Johnson and Trevor Sinclair in recent weeks.

And former Newcastle and Charlton midfielder Lee, 37, is top of his wish list after impressing in two pre-season games.

Roeder told the official club website: "We are very pleased with what Robert Lee has contributed, not just in the matches but in the training, and the way he has integrated with the rest of the squad.

"He has got such a reputation in the game throughout his playing career, playing for England, Newcastle, Charlton - he is very highly respected in the game at 37 - and we are hopeful that when we get back to England we can sit down and do something with Rob that is acceptable to him.

TRD

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
West Ham director Trevor Brooking admits that Glenn Roeder needs to add at least six players to his squad as the Hammers aim to bounce straight back into the Premiership.

Brooking insists that the greater demands of Nationwide football and the loss of several players in the close-season mean that Roeder needs to bolster his squad before the start of the new campaign.

The Upton Park outfit released seven players at the end of last season, including Paulo Di Canio and Lee Bowyer and have recently sold Glen Johnson and Trevor Sinclair to Chelsea and Manchester City respectively.

"We probably need to get about half a dozen players after losing a lot off the wage bill and selling Glen Johnson and Trevor Sinclair," Brooking told the club's website.

"We have 46 games now instead of 38, so any mathematician would say we need some squad players.

"There are a few things bubbling along so hopefully there will be some activity before the start of the season."

TRD

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
New West Ham recruit David Connolly rejected offers from top-flight clubs in order to join the Hammers from Wimbledon.

The Republic of Ireland striker completed a �285,000 move to Upton Park on Thursday and West Ham manager Glenn Roeder will hope he can reproduce the form he showed with the Dons, for whom he scored an incredible 42 goals in 63 league games.

TRD

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
West Ham full-back Sebastien Schemmel has accused Hammers boss Glenn Roeder of freezing him out at Upton Park.

The Frenchman feels he has been forced on to the fringes over the last year after making an impressive start to life in the Barclaycard Premiership following his move from Metz, initially on loan in January 2001.

TRD

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
West Ham have signed Liverpool striker Neil Mellor on a year-long loan deal.

Reds boss Gerard Houllier is keen for the 20-year-old frontman to get some regular first-team football, and Mellor will spearhead the Hammers' bid to return to the Premiership at the first attempt.

Mellor will link up with fellow new signing David Connolly at Upton Park and with Jermain Defoe also in the ranks, boss Glenn Roeder is understandably excited.

He said: "Neil's an excellent prospect and he's come in here on a year's loan.

"We'll make enough chances for those three to score enough goals for us to come back up."

Mellor retains the dream of playing regular first-team football back at Anfield.

He told the Reds' official website: "I'm upset to be leaving Liverpool because I've been there a while and I know everyone at the club.

"But I can see this is a good chance for me. Hopefully I can build my confidence, score a load of goals and then come back firing on all cylinders next year."

TRD

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
New West Ham signing Matthew Etherington is confident he can help the club return to the Premiership despite the recent sale of some of their star players.

Glen Johnson and Trevor Sinclair have already departed while Joe Cole is on the verge of a move to Chelsea.

But Etherington said: "West Ham are massive and everyone knows that. They are one of the biggest clubs in London.

"Going down was a disaster but I believe we can get back in the Premiership at the first attempt. I've got a chance of playing first-team football on a regular basis at West Ham and that was the lure."

TRD

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
West Ham have fined full-back Sebastien Schemmel two weeks' wages for publicly criticising manager Glenn Roeder.

Schemmel claims he is being frozen out at Upton Park and blamed Roeder and his coaching staff for West Ham's relegation last season.

But his comments may have jeopardised his future at the club, with Anton Ferdinand pushing for his place in the side.

Roeder told the club's official website www.whufc.com: "When things like this happen it means somewhere in the club someone else is given an opportunity.

"I'm sure our supporters will look forward to seeing the development of young Anton Ferdinand over the coming weeks."

TRD

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Rob Lee has signed for West Ham following his release earlier this summer by Derby.

The 37-year-old former England midfielder has been training with the Hammers since the start of July and has now put pen to paper on a one-year deal.

West Ham-born Lee told the BBC Sport website: "It has taken me 20 years to get to West Ham. There is no other squad in Division One that I would rather be in.

"I have been desperate to join them and although it has taken a long time it is worth it."

TRD

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Freddie Kanoute has left WEST HAM and gone to SPURS

TRD

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The season has STARTED..!!!

Well lots has happened lately,we have signed some new players and some more have left...I'll do updates later but WE WOn our first 2 games ...

First league game v preston we won 2-1
First cup game v rushden we won 3-1

David connelly one of our new signings has scored 3 goals in the 2 games so thats a good start by him...

Things dont look so bad now....

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Kevin Horlock is finally set to become a first-team regular at West Ham, 11 years after first emerging as a trainee at Upton Park.

The 30-year-old Northern Ireland midfielder has signed a three-year contract with his first club after a �300,000 move from Manchester City.

And Hammers boss Glenn Roeder is banking on his promotion habit helping West Ham back into the Barclaycard Premiership at the first attempt.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
West Ham have signed Liverpool striker Neil Mellor on a year-long loan deal.

Reds boss Gerard Houllier is keen for the 20-year-old frontman to get some regular first-team football, and Mellor will spearhead the Hammers' bid to return to the Premiership at the first attempt.

Mellor will link up with fellow new signing David Connolly at Upton Park and with Jermain Defoe also in the ranks, boss Glenn Roeder is understandably excited.

He said: "Neil's an excellent prospect and he's come in here on a year's loan.

"We'll make enough chances for those three to score enough goals for us to come back up."

Mellor retains the dream of playing regular first-team football back at Anfield.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Seb Schemmell has left west ham and gone to Portsmouth,he was a cracking player and its a shame he has gone..

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Rufus Brevett is predicting David Noble to have a bright future at West Ham - even though he faces increased competition in the form of Kevin Horlock in the centre of midfield.

"David Noble played superbly on his debut - he has got a lot of ability and he will get better," says Rufus.

21 year old David became the seventh debutant of the season against Rushden and Diamonds on Wednesday - Kevin should be number eight against Sheffield United - and Rufus shares the responsibility of the senior players to help them settle in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join