It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST ONE QUESTION

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Again, the question was a Biblical one. Once again, the answer should be in context.

This is a very strange place to look for answers to Biblical questions, among non-believers and followers of other faiths.

[Edited on 16-11-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Oh sorry... Forgot the origin of our calender doesn't have much of anything at all to do with the bible...oops.

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I understand Thomas. But still, one should seek all answers. If we didn't, then 1+1 would equal just 2.

But, using matter anti-matter 1 matter plus 1 anti, that eqauls zero for they destroy each other. Or, one man plus one woman eqauls x. Where x eqauls the amount of children the had. Now one could just settle for two being the answer. Not me. Or another on that I learnd.

2+2=4 But, subract two from both sides. 2=2. Then multiply the inverse. -2+-2. So 2x-2+2x-2. You get -8. So 2+2 eqauls -8. Or, by taking the number and adding the next, you get 22. Remember, don't take the answer they give you. Look for every answer.

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 07:14 PM
link   
JamesTL,

Don't tell him that... For the answer will take him AWAY from god...We're not supposed to interfere with religous matter's...Something similar to the prime directive or something..I guess...

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thomas correct me if I am wrong, but this board is meant for conspiracy issues related to religions and spiritualsim. Not for the asserting of ones faith in relation to a certain system beleif???

As a result any post presented must be aproached from this context otherwise it belongs somewhere else???

Again if I am incorrect please provide me with with the policy which asserts some alternative???

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Conspiracy? We've not been very conspiracy-oriented in a long time, it seems, however, you are correct. This forum hasn't been anywhere related to conspiracies as such, anyway; it appears to be more related to Christian-bashing more than anything else.

This thread, along with a couple more, have been started by someone who is asking Bible questions. The questions isn't conspiracy-related, and the answers given by me or the Christian-scoffers haven't been conspiracy-related. The difference is that my answer is related to the question, and the James brothers have not as they are very lacking in the department.

If we are going with analogies, and I like analogies, to answer 1+1 with "red" would not work, unless red somehow stood for 2 in some way and that was understood by everyone involved. The question was a straight 1+1=2 type scene, the outside of the bible answers were not really relevant. In other words, it wasn't an opinionated question.

And, to make it clear, Toltec, the Beavis and Butthead resonses were not in any conspiracy related format. As a matter of fact, most of the threads here ave nothing to do with any conspiracy. So, considering that, would you like me to move everything to where they actually belong? There are no other forums, let me clue you. I do have the delete thread option if that is what you prefer, there'll be very little to read in this forum if that is what you want.

Do you know why this forum was even created? I do, and I guarrantee you, it does its job very well!

[Edited on 17-11-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yeah... The conspiracy is religion itself and how it strikes fear into people at an early enough age where they don't know any better or any alternative. To mold them as how the man made religion doctorine dictates. By fabricated 'truths' and calling them as such. By putting forward claims of a soul and afterlife, of a god, all that cannot be proven until after death.

How religion has hindered certain research that may show the false thing it is. How people were killed due to other's hatred for non-religous people or even those who held different religous belief's and how these very same people feel they are more just and above us lowly non believer's.

This is the conspiracy we are face with and should eradicate. An early form of control, using an all powerful god to strike obiediance out of it's follower's in a time when not much was understood about the 'unseen' physical world. This is the very conspiracy that religous people do not want to hear or allow us non believer's to discuss despite's it's revelancy(SP?).

They call it faith. I call it a cult of dolt's who choose the easy path of false life and ridicuals primitive rituals. Any follower of christ is nothing more than a pathetic primitive savage for believing in such primitive views of something greater that they CHOOSE not to understand.

You hate to hear the fact's science has discovered, only because it doesn't correlate(SP?) with your doctorine. You dismiss the very fact that if there was one god, there is one word of god, one bible, one truth. Instead...There are many. Many monotheistic religions based on one god. For the simple FACT that not a single damned one of you can even get your own ONE MONOTHEISTIC religion right debunks it out right! Us non-religous people are not idiot's, we're a not satanic worshipper's or evil in any way. If anything WE are more enlightened than you. WE live in reality and not some fancifull fantasy world where we goto our happy place whn we die. WE understand death for what it is...AN END FROM YOU FREAKS!

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If I may Thomas Christianity is the mainstay so any issue in relation to conspiracies would have to address the matter of what is at hand. Despite what you might consider, is such a forum Christianity would seem a major target.

Might I suggest that rather than try to fight it, allow for what issues exist to be presented???

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 10:10 PM
link   
For the record Thomas Chritianity has spent the last 1200 years presenting itself as above any conspiracy. Whatever happens now, at ATS should not have anything to do with its record (unless there is something to discuss).

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 03:40 AM
link   
As I�ve said, I�m not sure of the mileage of this in any �Is the Bible true� sort of rant.
The longevity is there in all three Abrahamic traditions and there are similar claims for enormous life-spans in Sumerian and other Mesopotamian records of around that sort of time.
Why this should be so, and why the numbers are as they are, and how Lamech fits in, and why Enoch disappeared, are all fascinating; but you won�t find answers: only new ideas. There plainly is some sense of a plan: Adam was immortal to begin with and there was great longevity afterwards, until the Flood when a modern life-span appears as the new deal and perhaps a further punishment.
I think there is also something in the advanced age at which the patriarchs became fathers for the first time! (take note J-B)
But hanging it all together into a cohesive, coherent and cogent statement is beyond me. It is not, apparently, beyond others, however, and there are millions of �creationist� sites that go into all this in often excruciating detail.
Nevertheless, the Old Testament pretty quickly arrives at a relatively modern point of view.
�The days of our years are threescore and ten; if by reason of strength they be fourscore years,
yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.� (Psalm 90:10)

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 03:45 AM
link   
As I�ve said, I�m not sure of the mileage of this in any �Is the Bible true� sort of rant.
TC has pretty much given you the facts -"literal truth"-wise.
The longevity is there in all three Abrahamic traditions and there are similar claims for enormous life-spans in Sumerian and other Mesopotamian records of around that sort of time.
Why this should be so, and why the numbers are as they are, and how Lamech fits in, and why Enoch disappeared, are all fascinating; but you won�t find answers: only new ideas. There plainly is some sense of a plan: Adam was immortal to begin with and there was great longevity afterwards, until the Flood when a modern life-span appears as the new deal and perhaps a further punishment.
I think there is also something in the advanced age at which the patriarchs became fathers for the first time! (take note J-B)
But hanging it all together into a cohesive, coherent and cogent statement is beyond me. It is not, apparently, beyond others, however, and there are millions of �creationist� sites that go into all this in often excruciating detail.
Nevertheless, the Old Testament pretty quickly arrives at a relatively modern point of view.
�The days of our years are threescore and ten; if by reason of strength they be fourscore years,
yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.� (Psalm 90:10)

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The Inquisition, anti-clericalist movements, the Jesuits, Vatican 1, Reformation, Counter Reformation.... "conspiracy" throughout.
Please post link to your dictionary to enlighten us.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
For the record Thomas Chritianity has spent the last 1200 years presenting itself as above any conspiracy. Whatever happens now, at ATS should not have anything to do with its record (unless there is something to discuss).

Christianity has not put itself anywhere, Toltec. We Christians have just gone along through life trying do what Christ directed us to do while backsliding the whole way!

If you think that these weak little "I hate Christians" and "There ain't no such thing as God", and "Only stupid people believe in Creationism" is actually serious conspiracy-toned debate, then you've missed the meaning of conspiracy. Ineretsing, also, that you assume that Christianity would be the religion to discuss in relation to conspiracy.

An understanding of Christianity would show that it doesn't lend itself well to OWO's or NWO's. Christians are suppose to be open and not secretive, they are supposed to do unto others as they'd have others do unto them, they are to spread the message of the One who died for the sins of this lost and dying world (Great Commission). There aren't many ways it lends itself to a OWO or anything such as that.
Several hundred years ago, the people were not allowed to read it for themselves in Europe, and the priests used that to manipulate the people, and as the church was in bed with the government, it was used in a conspiracy. But such historical points are not discussed in this thread, or the others really, and considering there is no tie to today's events and situations, there is no great move forward in going back and reviewing that. I'm all for it if that is someone's desire, there is no telling what nugget of worth that may be found. But, as I said, there is no conspiracy-related thought or concept one in the typical "I hate Christianity" postings.
Well, that isn't true. I see a conspiracy, but it isn't the Christian world that is the conspiracy. The conspiracy will deepen and strengthen as time goes by. One day, if the internment camps are set up before the rapture, I may see some of you on the outside of the fence with rifles, and you won't realize you've been assimilated into the plan. Just do me a favor, ensure there is a decent cup of coffee for the prisoners!

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hoohh! The Jesuits!! I forgot all about them.
I'm ignorant on them, but there does seem to be some sort of fog surrounding them, isn't there?

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 11:25 AM
link   
TC,

Of course you don't see the conspracy. Your part of it. You've been entrapped by it's whole concept. You forget the FACT that there are OLDER POLYTHEISTIC religions that PREDATE your wonderful god. You can't trace your god back past 2-3000 years at the most. Strong indicator right there that your god is a prefabricated one like all the rest. Well...actually..the egyptain god's may not have been prefabricated since they FOUND Osiris' tomb. This suggest's that the god's of ancient time's were people like you and me who just got there reputation as god's.

abcnews.go.com...

Your a pathetic little child when it come's to the greater world. You don't want to hear that your god is false. A CREATION OF MAN to control gullible little kids like you. WHY do you think they start you off so early in every friggan religion? I was baptised when I was a baby, I don't believe in god though. I've been to church up till I was 8 years old. I've done the whole sunday school crap. Yet I STILL DON'T believe in god. For 8 years, I've been taught god was real... I broke out of that primitive form of thinking and GREW UP, and looked at the obvious besides the supernatural...The obvious won over god.

As long as you DON'T WANT to see the TRUTH you'll never see it. YOU HAVE TO WANT TO SEE THE ACTUAL TRUTH. Something you don't want to do with this warm fuzzy security blanket the whole god idea has pulled over your eye's.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 12:30 PM
link   
First, JamesG, good points, but tone it down.

Second. Haven't I said before how Witchcraft, Druidism, Buddist, and other religons are older than Christianity? How come Christianity is the real religon when only been around for 2000 years? While some, like Witchcraft and Druidism have been around for 30-35 thousand years.

Was your god sleeping for 30,000 years then fell out of bed and woke up? Also, the old religons don't have a book. Druids don't, Witchcraft don't. And guess what they believe in. Peace, love, and kindness. How come they didn't need a book to promote that? And guess what, no slaughters, no military actions, no wars starting from them. Christians have a book, Jews have a book, Mauslim have a book, and they all have participated in wars and slaughters against others.

Christians with the Inquisition, all the Witch Trials, the intentional passing of blankets with small pox to Indian tribes that wouldn't convert, the slaughter of the Scottish, the Irish,(St.Patrick, I know, a st wouldn't, but he brought the Catholic army in and slaughtered the "heathens") and so many. Also, while shared with the Mauslim, the four crusades. All ordered by a pope.

Then, the Jews, before Christians took over Rome, slaughtered the Christians.

Then Mauslim, well, they still at it. Unlike the jews and Christians, they haven't stopped killing and slaughtering in the name of their god.

They all had books, all new religons compared to the oldest, and they all have millions if not billions of deaths on their hands.

I left out bubonic plague, while still would have killed, but with no cats due to Christians killing them, it was worse. Don't believe me? China had it first and longer, about 1-2 million. They weren't a Christian(catholic) dominated region, and had cats that kept the rats down. But in Europe, dominated by the Catholic church, killed of the predators of rats for being satanic and such, lose over one THIRD of the population. So about 30-40 million. Now subtract 4 million due to fact some would have died anyways, so 26-36 million.

Want a conspiracy? Catholics. They have an all powerful invisible supreme being, yet he always needs money. Or faith healing.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 12:49 PM
link   
How can I tone it down? These religous freak's get pissed when thier own book tell's them to seek the truth and the truth get's THROWN right in thier unbelieving eys's. The TRUTH is that there god is man made, that the universe was caused by natural means. These are the thing's they DON'T want to hear. The FEAR the TRUTH! They ASSUME that you and I and all non-religous people or those of different faiths are evil, satanic worshipper's or just plain 'psuedo-bigot idiots'. For we tell them the TRUTH that they WON'T look at. We SHOW them thing's that these learned religous people CAN'T and WON'T explain. Thing's that PROVE there religion flase. Then they have the balls to bitc* at us for showing them the error of thier way's. They nitpick at what science hasn't discovered yet or doesn't fully understand. Atleast we KNOW that we DON'T know everything yet. For them EVERYTHING is plainly and CLEARLY god, despite all the thing's that ARE WRONG! They believe the most stupid thing's that are so CLEARLY wrong and entirley uncompatible with what science has SHOWN TO BE TRUE! But, they won't listen to reason. They WANT to believe in god for it give's them a sense of security. A false security at that. They are AFRAID of DEATH because it's an end to life. They DON'T understand it so they say there HAS to be a reason behind it, hence god and their afterlife.

They can't even ALL AGREE ON ONE FRIGGAN GOD! They Don't seem to care nor understand the FACT that one god equals ONE religion ONE bible. There are many. This is wrong and all cannot be traced back past 3000 year's. But they look past this FACT and deny it and still FAIL to answer WHY!

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am part of the conspiracy, even though the only conspiracy that you can mention is how you hate the religious freaks.

Yes, Christianity has been around for 2,000 years, as far as cleaer and understood Christianity, that which you can understand (to the extent that you recognize the word) goes, yet Christ was with God, and is God, since the beginning.

There's no doubt that other religions have been around since the beginning as well. That is evident from reading the Bible. There have been other gods, therefore other religions.

You say my God is false. I say yours is false. Wow, there's some conspiracy there.
I don't believe I've ever mentioned your religion, or even asked about it, yet you spend your time trying to knock mine. I don't bother doing that to you, yet who is the religious freak? You are clearly the religious freak, the spit-spewing, snot-slinging religious freak. There is no defined conspiracy there, just another little fellow that for some reason hates a God that offers life ever after and even paid the price with His own Son's life so that you may have it.
You have a lot of ill feelings, no doubt, but a conspiracy that makes, not.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 02:55 PM
link   
JamesG, tone it down. I don't you to make someone mad, have them complain, and see you banned.

Good points though, that I agree with. But others don't. Yes, science proves many things in Bible wrong, but they explain it as not having faith. While faith is good to have, but blind faith that a book written by humans is right and never wrong is bad. That leads to what happened in the past. And what happens now in the Middle East. The towelheads think they right, blow up the Jews, and still say they right.

Science has proven many things. That earth older thn 6,000 years old. That the dinosaurs aren't giant lizards. That Adam and Eve can't happen due to genes and the fact inbreeding mutates them. But Christians(some) still say the Bible right, you wrong, gonna burn in hell.

Never heard that from a Druid, or a Witch. Of course, they don't have a hell. But reincarnation. So, they never say you gonna be reborn as a tapeworm. How come all the new religons have a hell? How come all of them say you don't believe what we believe you going there? Old ones don't. Old ones, like my two favorites, never kiled someone due to religous differences. Even though the Catholic church killed the last open original Druid in 1600's with a festival, the Druids never went out with torches or pitchforks and slaughtered a village.

So, the religons that are new, with books, and say we right you wrong going to hell, have killed millions.

The old ones, without books, with no hell, haven't. Druids did sacrifice humans, but, wasn't punishment or anything. It was an honor. And it only happened maybe1-4 times a year. I may not know Christianity like the back of my hand, but my two favs, I know them like the back of my ankle. And yes, wicca is new age, but based on the beliefs of Witchcraft.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 03:01 PM
link   
TC,

If your god were THE ONLY ONE TRUE god, then WHY is he 'birthed' only 2000 year's ago? He was never, NEVER once mentioned during the very first beginings of human civilization, nor before that. NEVER. IF, big huge friggan if, he were the creator fo every god damned thing you see, then right from the begining, right from adam and eve, the story of god should have held throughout into the first beginings of civilization. BUT IT DOESN'T! WHY? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why. Because he is man made. Because he never existed and never will. He was created to control little gullible idiot's such as yourself who have no respect for the differing opinions of those that are non-religous. You can't even understand your own god. You THINK you do, but the truth is you DON'T. You Don't know anymore than I do. You may know the stories better, but you will NEVER know god for what he truly is because there are TOO MANY MONOTHEISTC GOD STORIES to begin with! Why is the obvious so hard to see for you people? Not a damned one of you is right. Not one. Especially not you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join