It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST ONE QUESTION

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 02:36 PM
link   
you remember the sons of Adam and Eve where one brother killed the other and was exiled in to another land
well how did he find some one else to be his wife and had children
when at the time Adam and Eve were the fisrt and only people god created
how come he went far away from his parents and he still found another human beign?

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Those weren't the only offspring Adam and Eve had, and people lived hundreds of years back then. Obviously, some brothres and sisters were married together back then, but the problem with bilogical deformities was not an issue as they were at the prototype end of the human race and genes had not been damaged as they have become through the centuries.

The Bible does not say Cain found a wife in the land of Nod, but that he "knew" his wife - they had sex - and she bore a child. Cain left to Nod with his wife, a relative.

Adam lived to be over 900 years old, and he and Eve had plenty of children, and the children had children, and so on.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thomas, have you lost your mind? No human lives for nine hundred years.

Also, doesn't matter when incest occured, it causes damage.

Sorry Thomas, but I think you have either been hacked or drugged. You haven't sounded like yourself lately. Are you going through something? If so, hope you get over it and better. Cause dang Thomas, you sounding like someone who goes the Bible says so, so it is. Like someone who throughs common sense and science and facts out the window for a two thousand year old book that has been revised a few million times.

Don't take offense Thomas, but I think truth brained washed you. You no longer make sense. First it was Christians will be saved while everyone else will burn in hell, now it's trying to say incest didn't affect genes back then and that Adam lived for nine hundred years. While not impossible, for nothing is impossible only highly improbable, but that is close to it.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 03:27 PM
link   
James, don't take offense, but I believe you are pretty ignorant, and as you don't even believe in God or Christianity or any of what is beiong asked here, why not butt out?
I have the sense to not go into alot that I read here as it doesn't pertain to me, such as magic and all that. Try and have the good sense and politeness to do the same. Everyone knows you are a non-believer, and it isn't your job to go around taunting those who do.

As far as what I've said, it is straight from the Bible. Don't worry about it as it is none of your concern, and don't try and cross me on something you have little knowledge of. To be honest, I'm not interested in your supposition that God lies when he had it written how old people lived, and that you can't understand that when the human was first created and before gene damage had time to mount, incest in the beginning was not an issue.

Seriously, you are quite annoying when you come running in with mouth open and brain off.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Allow me to rephrase my response, James.

The question posed by bluegrl was a Biblical one, and a good one at that. The answer to the question will also be a Biblical one, and the one I gave her was the correct, Biblical answer.

Your vehemently anti-Christian charge was neither correct or in good taste.

One should be able to distinguish between "Do you think there is a God" type opinion question and a question that is specific and objective in nature, and have the courtesy to answer accordingly.

There. That sounds much less antagonistic.

Estragon, am I learning?

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 04:45 PM
link   
James, Thomas is correct in the sense that the bible does state that Adam lived 900 years. As well the story of genesis does not specifically preclude, that they had other children at the time Cain killed Able. AS far as the issue of Genetic deformities well deformities from what standpoint? Could Adam and Eve from our perspective have been superhuman and therefore the human race (as we understand it) clearly deformed by comparison?

I do not agree with the time line James in regard to Biblical scripture. And its apparent that there are many things I disagree with. Nonetheless the bible is an ancient book, my impression is it deserves the respect of one (this being my opinion).

900 divided by 12 equals 75, in the days we are discussing for a man to reach that age is incredible. At present this is the average age for a man to die. This with all the medicines and technology we have access to. Its very possible that in the day's we are discussing the full moon was accepted as what we now call a year.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 05:34 PM
link   
What the Bible actually says....

(honestly, it's just too absurd that a Pagan has to tell you guys this stuff...)

---------------------
From Genesis 4:15
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
4:16
And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
4:17
And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch
---------------------

So whoever she was, she was living to the East.

Now, either Eve had a lot of female children who started wandering all over the land or there were other people there. In any case, only the names of the sons are given.

Genesis 5 and 6 (chapters) also give some conflicting accounts.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I can only agree with Mr crowne. His answer is true.

James I must remind you about the fact that it was never God's original intention for man to die.

Only because of sin entering the world after Adam and Eve's disobedience did man become mortal. We here in this present day are unable to comprehend someone living to these ages. Also the world has been restricted to 120 years of life for the past few thousand years after God decreasing our Life span. So we all have got used to a short life and now take it for granted.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Let's back up to the genetics issue. Adam and Eve started our whole race. The bible doesn't talk about god creating anyother human beside these two people. And we all know that even the ugliest most stupid hick knows why he's the most ugliest stupid hick. "Cuz my pa screwed my older sister who is also my ma and I made a baby with my cousin who is also my pa's wife."

Incest and genetics DO NOT like each other one bit. In any species. Period. If god created what he created as stated in the bible which is HIS word, then we have to take this at face value. This mean's TC and truth are brothers, cousin's, uncle's, and nephew's to each other (obviously not all...or are they??) Now, if your gonna belive god's word over scientific fact concerning genetic's, then your more thick headed than any inbred freak out there!

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I know it was a blibical question, but, still, I gave her an answer that shows how it could never happen.

Yes, a good question, but it from the Bible. And the Bible is flawed. It has giants, monsters, immortals, zombies, a place called paradise with no pizza, and other things in it that make it wrong by science and facts.

Also, it never says they have have more. They have cain abel and seth. After that, no more. So don't assume that they had more kids, for ASSUME makes an A-S-S of U and ME.

Also, no need to rephrase, I don't take offense easily. I just stated how it was highly improbable that Adam and Eve existed.

Genes are effected by cross breading between relatives. Doesn't matter who the family is. Why do you think the monarchy in power in Europe started to come out messed up? To marry, had to marry royalty, where the royalty? Next country, then who the marry? Next one, so forth and so forth. In end, all of European Monarchs were related. With this, the monarchs were deformed due to inbreeding.

And as JamesG said, if the bible true, then hey uncle/nephew/father/cousin/brother/grandfather/whatever Thomas and truth and Byrd. Where my birthday presents you never gave me?

And sorry for ticking you off Thomas, I was just presenting facts that make bible wrong again.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hey JamesL,

Mine will be a little late... Have about 2 billion other people to get things for too

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, if you owe me, then I owe you, so lets cancel both and call it even.

Unless it was that pony, I asked for it when i was three, never got it.
Is it pink? With a blue bow on its tail? I promise I'll get you something. Lets see, a pony is a farm animal... a cow! Perfect, you can ride it, then when it dies, you can have steak for next few weeks.

[Edited on 15-11-2002 by James the Lesser]

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Never knew you wanted a pony... Hmm... ask grandpa Truth for it. Can't afford one right now

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Man does not actually die Steward he does seem to loose a lot of weight
though.

James you have me laughing to tears
of course Adam had Pizza it was Sicilian style with plenty of toppings. It is because of the NY style our world is made to suffer (time will tell).

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
What the Bible actually says....

(honestly, it's just too absurd that a Pagan has to tell you guys this stuff...)

---------------------
From Genesis 4:15
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
4:16
And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
4:17
And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch
---------------------

So whoever she was, she was living to the East.

Now, either Eve had a lot of female children who started wandering all over the land or there were other people there. In any case, only the names of the sons are given.

Genesis 5 and 6 (chapters) also give some conflicting accounts.

No, Byrd, the exact verse that you quoted is the same one that hung you as you are using it to prove Cain met his wife in Nod. Nowhere does it say he met her there but knew her. She conceived from the aforementioned sex.
What is not absurd is that a pagan would not know the Bible, you have your own religion to be concerned with, but what is concerning is that you don't understand the words you read.
Here and again, the book itself claims that it'll be a mystery to those who are without the Holy Spirit. But that verse? Come on, I figured the mysterious parts would be more complicated!

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ok so GOD only mentions of creating Adam and EVe who lived in the west
how come the brother went east and met a wife?
god didn't mention about creating other people so how can this be?

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 09:37 PM
link   
He didn't meet his wife to the East of Eden (Nod). He knew her. When the Bible uses the word knew in that context, it means they had sex. Cain took his wife with him when he had to leave the company of his family.

Once again, Cain did not meet his wife in Nod. The Bible does not say that he met his wife in Nod.

Cain took his wife with him when he was banished to Nod. After being banished to Nod, Cain and his wife, whom he took with him when he was banished to Nod, had children and started another bunch of people.

There were not people in Nod when Cain got there. Cain and his wife were the first ones to get there.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 03:44 AM
link   
SO HE KNEW HIS WIFE BIG DEAL!!!!!

You all miss the point....Cain built (founded) a city!!!!! Called Enoch, when there were still only about 11 or so people in the WHOLE WORLD!

Now.....the irrefutable evidence has been provided by our very own Byrd, and Thomas Crowne, I doubt you'll rebuke this.

It says clear as day she concieved a son and then he built his city and named it after his son. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but even after only 900 years they wouldn't really have a population enough to start a city of even low proportions.

Well there is no point in beating it to death, the fact is it is a poorly written part in the bible, and because of that it is proof that there were people to the east, even though they weren't of Cain.

In fact, this can be shown by Lamech's wives if I'm not wrong? Both his wives are not decendants of Cain, and yet nor are they refered to as decendants of Adam? Where the hell did they come from?

Actually here is a reference to there being people outside of Eden.

Genesis 4:14
"You are driving me off the land and away from your presence. I will be a homeless wanderer on the earth, and anyone who finds me will kill me."

That's a strange fear for someone who apparently only has a few sisters (one his wife) and no more brothers...

Ugh this seems unfair of god...but I guess it coincides with the Abramic religions being that of a "herder's religion", and not an Agrarian's, after all in the time of israel back then, those lands had been sufficiently deforested and became little more than grazing lands, and so they remain.

Here is what I think is BS...

GOD DARES TO NOT RECOGNIZE CAIN'S NOBEL SACRIFICE? ABEL KILLS A STINKING LAMB, WOW HOW HARD IS THAT, BUT CAIN!!!!! CAIN TILLS THE SOIL, PLANTS A SEED, IRROGATES THE FEILD, TILLS THE SOIL, KEEPS HIS CROPS CLEAN AND THEN HARVESTS THEM!!!! AND WHEN HE OFFERS IT AS HIS SACRIFICE, GOD TURNS HIS FACE TO ABEL'S!

I don't think God knows much of farming.

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 15-11-2002 by FreeMason]

[Edited on 15-11-2002 by FreeMason]

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yup, idiotic pseudo-bigot, in the 930 years that Adam lived, he had no other sons. You are truly a hate-blinded idiot.

A city was merely a walled community, we're not talking NYC here. AS usual, you attempt to twist in order to lie about that which you know nothing yet still hate passionately - hence, pseudo-bigot.

Genesis 4:4 would indicate nothing to the sort of what you assert. What it would indicate to me is that relatives not directly decended for him might wander upon him and want to pay retribution for his slaying of Abel. Nothing said that Adam and Eve and their decendents were not allowed to move about or to dominate the world.

Your lack of understanding of Lamech does not prove a thing. Cain had other children, and children have children, and Lamech had two wives that were most likely nieces. Don't forget, people lived for hundreds of years back then, so taking a couple of 20 year old wives when you are 100 would not be a problem. It wasn't until after the flood that men were destined to have lifespans around 70 years.

Once again, you seem to display characteristics that were probably Cain's as well. What God thinks is better is important, not your opinion. You didn't create the universe or do a thing to keep it operational. You don't even know where you'll be 1 year from now, you can only hope and plan. Yet you want to argue what God should think is best? You also don't seem to catch on to what I, and alot of others, seem to be obvious, and that is Cain had an attitude problem. Seems that should be obvious in that he killed Abel. Do you think maybe like you, F-M, his heart was full of contempt and hate? Do you think God couldn't see what was in Cain's heart?

Your lack of understanding is plain, and your attempt at belittling me causes you to look more and more like what you actually are - a childish little hat-filled brat. For a week now I've tried to get you to realize how your postings are, get you to see how you come across. Apparently you do not have the capability.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Personally... I still can't get over the fact that we are all inbred stupid bastard hicks. Maybe you guy's can argue what means what, but I'd like to know why no one is bothered that god created a bunch of hillbilly hicks!

Hey... can we have a hoedown next family gathering

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join