It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Given Going To L/Pool??? PLEASE NO!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I heard in the pub yesterday that Given may be off to Liverpool i the summer transfer window.

Has anybody got any more info on this??

For me Given is the only N/csle player that is guaranteed his name in the starting 11 and selling him would be the biggest mistake since hiring Ruud Gullit as manager!

I also see given as one of the top 2 keepers in the p/ship (only 2nd to Petr Cech)

Please tell me this isnt true!!!!!!!

[Edited on 14/5/2005 by MickeyDee]

TRD

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I thought this was an old rumour of a few months ago. I think if its the same one, Given said he wasn't going anywhere..

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i dont think Given will move, there is going to be major changes at newcastle and i think he will be there to see what happens, Souness wont want him to leave.

and... if he did move thats liverpool got 4 keepers, and Carson is there for the future i reckon

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well Carson isn't mature enough to play a full season, Dudek is going because he is erratic and Kirkland is being melted down for glue so they do need a new keeper, though they were buying Reina though?

Given to Arsenal or Man Utd.

TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I can't see him leaving at all, but what do i know lol!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
the thing is, if he does go, who do they replace him with? harper? he aint up to it i dont think.

i think given would cost quite alot, i think for this season he will be safe at newcastle

and lol @ kirkland getting clued

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
the thing is, if he does go, who do they replace him with? harper? he aint up to it i dont think.

i think given would cost quite alot, i think for this season he will be safe at newcastle

and lol @ kirkland getting clued

Paddy Kenny.......

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
He won't go to Liverpool.. I think he will end up staying for at least one more season and then see what happens.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
He needs to leave and go to a bigger club.

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Its a tough one on wether he will leave but there is a few top clubs looking for a keeper. I bet Newcastle would fight to keep him at the club though.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Its player power in todays football, he if wants to go them they have to sell him.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
i think the talk of Given going to leave to Liverpool will quieten down now. As its looking like the Pool will get Reina.

Is there supposed to be a keeper leaving them?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
Is there supposed to be a keeper leaving them?

Dudek is leaving isnt he?

Why i dont know!
He single handedly won that cup for them!

:party-smiley-018:

top topics

join