It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Tyson to make a comeback... Again!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Former undisputed world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson has confirmed he intends to return to the ring this summer. The 38-year-old has been out of action since a crushing fourth-round loss to Britain's Danny Williams in Louisville last July. A knee injury picked up early on in that contest has kept him sidelined but, despite calls for him to retire, Tyson insists he is still hungry to continue boxing.

"I've been training really well and now I'm ready to start working on sharpening up my skills," Tyson told HBO while at the Bernard Hopkins-Howard Eastman fight in Los Angeles.

"I'm hoping to return sometime around May and I'll be looking to have two or three easy fights before stepping up."

Source: Sportinglife

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
He almost has to, it's the only way he knows how to make money.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i think aslong as tyson has the animal inside of him (meaning the aggresive nasty guy he can be) he will be able to box

if he goes well with 3 easy fights, yer, he could step it up perhaps. but it wont be long till he starts calling for bigger names etc

but if he where to lose. i wonder if he would see sense to retire

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The former heavyweight champion will fight for the first time in nearly a year, facing journeyman Kevin McBride on June 11 at Washington's MCI Center, a boxing source told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Monday.

Tyson and promoter Marty Wynn planned to announce the bout at a news conference Tuesday, the source said.

The 38-year-old Tyson is 50-5 with two no contests and 44 knockouts. He lost two of his last three fights.

In his most recent outing, in Louisville on July 30, he was stopped in the fourth round by Danny Williams after tearing cartilage in his left knee.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

TRD

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
With the state of the Heavyweight scene right now, if he has any sort of ability left i wouldn't count him out.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
wouldn't spend a dime to see him fight anymore, time for mike to get a real job

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Iron Mike is set to fight Kevin McBride this upcoming Saturday night.

Think he'll win?

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
McBride is an ok fighter, but i think Tyson will most prob beat him. If he doesn't he'll have to give it up for good..

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Tyson if he has the desire left. Williams was lucky.

TRD

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Former undisputed heavyweight champion Mike Tyson has tipped the scales at 233 pounds (105kg) today for his fight against Irishman Kevin McBride on Saturday. Tyson, 38, weighed the same for his last fight, a fourth-round knockout defeat by Danny Williams last year in Louisville, Kentucky.

McBride, who has a 32-4-1 record with 27 knockouts, weighed 271 pounds (122kg), his heaviest weight ever for a fight. The 32-year-old Irishman has won his last seven fights. Tyson, hoping to resurrect his career after losing two of his last three fights, is six pounds lighter than his previous highest fight weight. Promoters say they have sold more than 14,000 tickets for the fight at the MCI Center, about 3000 shy of capacity.

LINK

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
ESPN reports that the first round just ended, it was scored 10-9 in favor of Iron Mike.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Second round goes to McBride.

19-19.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Round three goes to Tyson.

29-28 Tyson.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It's over!

Tyson said he had enough so McBride wins the bout.

I didnt see it, but I wonder why Tyson quit.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
They're reporting that he quit on the stool after the fifth round, saying that he just didn't have any heart left to continue.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
am suprised at this,

i remember when he got beat a while back, was there talk he said he wasnt ready for it? and he wanted a match agianst that guy again and the guy said yip. we can do it.

i think tyson went for this match as he thought it was going to be easy.

but.... maybe he realised, hes fighting for the wrong reasons

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Mike Tyson says he will quit the ring for good after retiring on his stool before the seventh round of his latest comeback attempt against unknown Irishman Kevin McBride.

Tyson, not seen since his shock loss to Britain's Danny Williams 12 months ago, was expected to dismiss McBride in the early rounds as he embarked on another road to the heavyweight title.

But the former champion tired visibly after a bright start and resorted to head-butting his opponent in the sixth round before being bundled to the canvas, after which he staggered to his stool where the cornermen pulled him out.

source

TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What a sad way to go out. No matter what Tyson has done in the past and how much a jerk he has been, he is still one of the best Heavyweights to step into the ring. The man was a wreckin machine and one of the most devasting boxers we will ever see in our lifetimes. Men were afraid to step into the ring with him and for a small guy he had unbelievable power..

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
yip, he has been a top boxer over many years and like you said, he aint the biggest but hes as tough as anything.

its a shame he realised too late to realise to chuck it

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
He should of retired a wealthy man but instead he had to carry on and lose that little bit of respect he still had left.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join