Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Fantasy: Sportztawk Fantasy Basketball is here

page: 8
0
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well I lost one of my best players, Jermaine O' Neal, for 25 games.


Rotisserie is tough but it definitely makes for interesting competition. You might have more players playing that night so your points and rebounds go up, but at the same time your turnovers and personal fouls are going up as well. I've also been trying to keep my eye on that "maximum games played" that tj spoke of, I dont want to have to sit out the last few weeks of the season because I'm at the limit.




posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Well I lost one of my best players, Jermaine O' Neal, for 25 games.


I'd say I feel bad for you, but, then again, i'd be lying.


I'm pretty much the only team who's nearly even on the games played, so I don't feel so bad being currently ranked 5th...



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yeah... I had Ron Artest. I won't have him for the rest of the season. I ended up picking up Bobby Jackson from Sacramento to take his spot. Artesst is part of the reason I am in first place right now.



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   


I just thought to check and make sure I had no one from the fracas...

Also just noticed that you can set lineups for future days...

Guys, if you let me look at this thing, I might figure out how it's done!




posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
in my league, i lost artest AND jackson, so unless someone has oneal or wallace or something, it looks like i got straight up screwed.



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kooshdoctor
in my league, i lost artest AND jackson, so unless someone has oneal or wallace or something, it looks like i got straight up screwed.


You mean the 4 man league?

I have O'neal thre.



posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I also have been Wallace, good thing he had a short suspension. I'm glad I picked up Bobby Jackson though. Scored 18 and was 3-6 from 3-point range. The little man even got me 7 rebounds.



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Ouch Gibbs, just read this.....

ESPN.com's Marc Stein is reporting that Andrei Kirilenko (F) UTH could miss a month with the sprained knee he suffered on Saturday. He's expected to be placed on the injured list Tuesday.



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Ouch Gibbs, just read this.....

ESPN.com's Marc Stein is reporting that Andrei Kirilenko (F) UTH could miss a month with the sprained knee he suffered on Saturday. He's expected to be placed on the injured list Tuesday.


AAHHH Motherf@#$er!!!

I'm more upset for the Jazz than for my team, even though it hurts there.

#!#!#!#!



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Gibbs,

Are you a Jazz fan?



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Gibbs,

Are you a Jazz fan?


Yeah boy, big time. They're the only thing I've got going for me inthe sports world right now...'skins suck, Penn State sucks, Phils choke...



posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Trade accepted...



posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
In the Yahoo Basketball we have a rule where you can only use each position 82 times which at the time i realised i thought about leaving the game mainly because it is such a ridiculous rule in this particular game because there are only 6 teams meaning each team has got 15 players so every player is going to be a starter in there NBA side 90 players which equates to 18 NBA sides now if a league has say 15 to 20 teams this rule would be a good one but in our league its a hindrance i know you can't change it half way through but half the teams are gonna end up with no points being scored with about 2 months of the season to go one of the teams is already 39 games over the allotted amount I did try to say something earlier in the season but i just got told its tough all the commish had to do was up the maximum number for each position
:party-smiley-018:



posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdyBaby
In the Yahoo Basketball we have a rule where you can only use each position 82 times which at the time i realised i thought about leaving the game mainly because it is such a ridiculous rule in this particular game because there are only 6 teams meaning each team has got 15 players so every player is going to be a starter in there NBA side 90 players which equates to 18 NBA sides now if a league has say 15 to 20 teams this rule would be a good one but in our league its a hindrance i know you can't change it half way through but half the teams are gonna end up with no points being scored with about 2 months of the season to go one of the teams is already 39 games over the allotted amount I did try to say something earlier in the season but i just got told its tough all the commish had to do was up the maximum number for each position
:party-smiley-018:


I gotta disagree with you on this, Ady. This rule makes the game more competetive, IMO. There seems to be 2 different stratagies that you can emp0loy to get around this rule -

1. Do as PA is doing, and just hammer your team, getting as many points as possible as soon as possible, and hope that you score enough that the other teams won't catch up to you when you can't field a team.

2. Maintain your projected games played for each position as close to zero as possible. This is what I'm doing, and apparently what you are doing. I think this is the safer way to get through the leaguem but I guess we'll find out at the end of the season.

I don't see it as a hinderence, but as a challenge to the way you manange your team. You have to think about what you're doing and who you're playing.



posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I understand all that and to certain extent you are totally right and in a twisted way i am enjoying having a cap on how many games any position can play but because everyone has great players at all the positions it should not make a difference having a cap because no one was at disadvantage as i said i could understand it more if there was more Managers (i hope you understand what i mean) lol :party-smiley-018:



posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
ah, i see, you think there should be more teams playing...



posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
ah, i see, you think there should be more teams playing...


Not quite what i meant
i was saying if there was more teams then a cap on the games would be the ok thing to do
(by the way im not argueing about this i am more debating it):party-smiley-018:



posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
having reviewed the entire thread i don't see anyplace you were told that it was "tough" if you didn't like the rules, back on 10/8 when the league was set up i explained that i had used mostly the default settings and asked if anyone had any problems with them, the only response i got was a request for another bench spot which i added, the league began on 11/3...on 11/7 i made the post about the "position limit"to be sure that everyone understood it and we had a fair league, you answered on the 8th, by this time the league had already begun and the settings couldn't be changed!!!! i fail to see why this is such a big deal, since we are all playing with the same set of rules it is something that we all have to deal with each in our own way....isn't it more realistic this way, if you were coaching a real team you couldn't just plug in whoever you wanted every night, this way you must make decisions as to which players are performing and use them.....



posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
you obviously did not read what i put above your last post saying i was debating the issue and not argueing the point
As for myself saying you said tough i did not mean that you actually said tough perhaps i could of put it another way but i think you know what i meant that we could not change it
I m sorry if you think im personnally attacking you but that is not the case i am just putting a point across and you seem to be taking me literally as having a dig
I know it was my fault for not saying something before the start but as you know i did not realise it was one of the rules (read the small print lol)
As i said if you feel i was having a dig at you i do apoligise but i can asure you it is not the case :party-smiley-018:



posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
no problem ady





new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join