It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: Sportztawk Fantasy Basketball is here

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
well, the red sox did win this year. so i do have hope...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The games and the league are underway!!!!! :party-smiley-018:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Gibbs, err Pennsylvania Polka :party-smiley-018:

I proposed a trade to you.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'll check it out in a bit, just got home.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
just a reminder to all that there is a limit for each position in this game, if you exceed the limit for that spot any points you get don't count....you can check how you are doing with a link at the bottom of your team page

Ben

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
what you mean by limit?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
by limit i mean that for each position there is a maximum games allowed for the season, if you exceed this any points don't count, it prevents a team from loading up a high scoring spot all season, if you go to the bottom of your team page you will see a link for maximum games....lower right hand corner, this will let you know how you are doing for each spot....makes it so you need to manage your team a bit more and make more strategic decisions as the year goes on

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
by limit i mean that for each position there is a maximum games allowed for the season, if you exceed this any points don't count, it prevents a team from loading up a high scoring spot all season, if you go to the bottom of your team page you will see a link for maximum games....lower right hand corner, this will let you know how you are doing for each spot....makes it so you need to manage your team a bit more and make more strategic decisions as the year goes on

So what you are saying is if i try and fill my spaces up every night (i know this won't happen) i will be punished later in the season because each position can only play 82 games

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
say you have 6 power forwards and you play them every night, when they reach the max games allowed the rest of their games won't count in the standings....there is a link at teh bottom of your team page that lets you know how each position is doing against the max games limit

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That's a handy tool , thanks for pointing it out

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
say you have 6 power forwards and you play them every night, when they reach the max games allowed the rest of their games won't count in the standings....there is a link at teh bottom of your team page that lets you know how each position is doing against the max games limit

How stupid is this?
and i was thinking that you were suppose too accumalate the most or in some cases the least amount
so much for my changing my team each night
i put a blue chipper who is not playing on the bench and replace him with a player who may or may not get me points if that is the case i might as well just wait till the blue chipper plays and leave the spot empty
as i said what a stupid rule

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdyBaby

so much for my changing my team each night

I wasn't aware of this rule either and was changing my team every night as well, I agree it's a pretty stupid rule. It almost penalizes you for being active in your substitutions but it's not a big deal and after all, it's free.

My utility spots would have been gone 82 days into the season had tj not pointed this out.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
that is why i made this post soeveryone was aware of the rule and didn' t go half the season before they found out about it, it is one of the default rules and is why i kept asking everyone if the rules were ok before the league started, all of the baseball leagues that i play in work this way except the sportztawk league...
personally i like the rule, it makes you actually manage your team instead of just plugging in players, much more realistic in my opinion

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Im not happy about this ridiculous rule especially considering their is only 6 teams in the league what sense does it make i could maybe understand if there was 20 teams and even then i would not be happy

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i don't see what the number of teams in the league has to do with this rule at all...here is the rule from the league home page

Rotisserie & Fantasy Point Leagues

In Public Leagues, each position on your roster can accumulate a maximum of 82 games worth of stats. Once any roster position (the sum of all players used in that position) reaches the 82-game plateau, stats are no longer accumulated at that position.

If your league uses more than one of any position, the allowable total for those positions will be the sum of each individual spot. So, if you allow a maximum of 82 games per position and have three center spots on your roster, you will have a total of 246 combined center games. But, if you have used 245 of them and still have three centers active, you will receive stats for all three players.

Custom Leagues default to the Public League settings, but the limits are configurable.

The maximum and actual games played information for your team is available by clicking on the View Current Info link in the table at the bottom of your team page.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I know what it says,
this is my second year of Yahoo Basketball and i cant recall this rule last year
but maybe it only applys to Rottiserie leagues
i am in 2 other leagues and they are head to head and they dont have this rule

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just think of it as an added challenge...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Ok here goes i got a player who is active to play so say i put him in as a utility player but he does not actually play does that count as a player being used out of the maximum times i can use a position?
Hope you can understand what i mean

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
i don't believe so. it would be like having a pitcher listed on your baseball team who doesn't get in the game, that isn't counted as a game

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
well, it took me a little bit to get the hang of playing in a rotisserie league, but I think I go tit down now. Now I just need to learn to kep the to guys in all the time, I'd be on top of the league...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join