It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you a homophobe????

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I just feel that, as a previous statement mentioned, love should not be limited to sex. I am also bisexual, and i fee that in a new modern society, more people are realising that physical attraction, as well as a 'connection' with a person, varies with each individual.
For me, sex isn't an issue - if i like someone, then i like them for them, not because they are male or female.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I scored a 70,and I thought I was being liberal,oh well my saying is"Nuke the gay whales"

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i'm definitely not a homophobe, 2 of my closest friends are lesbians (and a cute couple) and i've had several homosexual friends over the course of my life.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

21 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

In his 1996 study of 64 white, male college students, Dr. Henry Adams classed 29 participants as "non-homophobic." Their mean score was 30.48, however, placing most of the men outside of this sub-group. Dr. Adams reported that he had difficulty finding heterosexual men whose scores ranked them as high-grade non-homophobic.

My score, from the OP-linked questionnaire.

For this, it's worth losing my smiley virginity.

Here:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
i rated as "high-grade" as well

funny thing about a few of the questions about "coming on to me"
it's happened, i was actually a bit flattered, not angered. i thought of it just like having a girl i wouldn't be interested in coming on to me... just with a different set of genitals...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Me Tarzan, You What?

Originally posted by alien
Meh...as long as its consensual, doesn't include children or animals...they whatever pops your cork is your business, not mine.

What if the animals are over the age of consent and no bribery or coercion is involved?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I scored 30. A couple of quotes from the prceding (I could have quoted more but peopoe are repeating the same few ideas, and these sum them up:

Lets get scientific. We dont have to know too much about biology to figure this out. The penis is meant to go into the vagina. That is how we are biologicaly built. There can be no doubt that humans are genetically structured that way. When someone goes against that, it is their choice. That does not mean they are normal. Or that they are using their biological parts for what they are intended for.

How does celibacy fit into this world-view expressed by the first quote? Whereas there is in fact no evidence whatsoever that homosexuality is a choice (most who study do not think it is a choice in fact - argue against the data to your hearts' content though), celibacy is most definitely a choice. Does the man who chooses not to have any sex therefore also offend against nature (as they are not using their biology for its intended purpose)?

The bottom line here is this issue is all about SCREWING. There is NO VALUE ADDED TO SOCIETY by these types of relationships, in plainer terms, they PRODUCE NO CHILDREN to carry on the human struggle and build the community's future.

The WHOLE point of human sexual relations is to procreate and secure the future of humanity. The Pleasure is a positive BY-PRODUCT that is designed to make you WANT to reproduce, it is NOT the PURPOSE....

I don't care on whit if Bruce and Bob want to play house in pink miniskirts and chase eachother around the bedroom. I would hire either one of them if they were the best candidate for the job, I would have a beer with them after work if they were enjoyable company, I WON'T pay for Bob's healthcare as though he was Bruce's wife because he ISN'T Bruce's wife. He's Bruce's #buddy THAT'S ALL he is.

Or how does infertility fit into the world-view expressed by the second quote? The infertile man (or indeed the post-menopausal woman) who knowingly marries will never produce children to further society. Should their relationship also be deprived of social recognition? Or what about contributions to the arts, commerce, government, education, charity, technology, health, and so on. Is merely "having kids" the ultimate contribution to society and the rest is just window-dressing (pun intended :-))?

Neither of these two response to the quotes justifies the obverse, but I think exposes an inherent illogicity in the position adopted anti-homosexuality. If you're going to proclaim against homosexuality then please do it rigorously, non-hyprocritically and coherently. Anything else is by definituion irrational.

I think most of the postings in this topic stray way over the border into the ludicrous personally, though..... but, hey, it's good to get what you really think off your chest once in a while.

I kinda wish that all this righteous indignation could be more usefully channelled into preventing theft, violence, selfishness, laziness and a whole host of far more "chosen" moral ills in the world.

Best wishes.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by d60944]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
One question. If you don't like homophobes does that make you a homophobephobe?
This could go on and on. Labels are BS. I dislike homosexuality, not the person. I scored a 56, but I knew that before the stupid test. I know several gay people and I think they are great, as people. But I do not have to like their lifestyle and I gladly tell them that.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
One question. If you don't like homophobes does that make you a homophobephobe?

I wouldn't b/c homophobia is bigotry. I'm for developing as many negative terms about bigots as possible.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
out of sight of of mind thats what i say i you wana be gay that your bussiness and like everythin else it should be a private affair i dont go around saying how much i like to score girls so why should i have to put up with you saying how much you like to take one up your sewer. thats something thats should be kept private.

I had a gay friend until he started getting pardon the term too gay with me, and he got mad when i put him in his place but the fact is that dont play that and i'll start a fight over stuff like that so he got lucky i didnt press charges for sexual harrasment on him.

i have another lesbian friend who is cool as heel and its fun talking with her about girls cuz its a bit of a paradox to me when she agrees with me that a girl is hot and ai wanna see her in her birthday costume.

anyway i dont believe i am homophobic theres no such thing as far as i'm concerned but i dont support it either its not for me to tell people who to screw around with

PS i dont know if the word screw fits in with the guidelines mod so if you want to edit this post please do so

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Raoul Duke

Call me what you like. Doesn't change the fact that I have just as much right to my opinion as you do. Bigot is also a very hateful word, and I don't believe I was being hateful. Maybe you got up on the wrong side of the bed? Peace!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Call me what you like. Doesn't change the fact that I have just as much right to my opinion as you do. Bigot is also a very hateful word, and I don't believe I was being hateful. Maybe you got up on the wrong side of the bed? Peace!

What you were saying was not hateful? What's more hateful than telling some one they can't live the way they believe they were born? You think you're so -snip- open minded because you'll be friends with gay people. That's a bunch of -snip-, that's not much better than a gay basher.

I'm not gay, but this kind of -snip- gets my dander up. I love all God's creatures (if in fact there is a God, I'm an agnostic), and I don't want to see any of them hated on, or abused.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Raoul Duke]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review This Link

[edit on 11/7/2007 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It is great watching everybody compare a relationship of two consenting adults who love each other to pedophelia and beastiality. A couple of quesitons:

1. How would allowing two men or two women get married mess up society?

2. Isn't there a constitutional amendment to the persute of life, love, and happiness??

Oh and by the way, I am gay. I dated a guy for 6 years and we would be together still of he did not die. I did not want him around just for the fun stuff. He made a great companion.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Good thoughts Tim,
I fully agree.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Raoul Duke

Sorry to get your dander up. I do not hate people. I think I made it clear that I do not like their life style. I do not tell them they can't do what they want to do. You on the other hand do. Totally contradicting you statement of loving all God's creatures. Talk about confused. At least I know where I stand. Chill out and quit being so hateful. Personal attacks are not necessary. Geez I thought this was a place to discuss our thoughts.

(edit to spelling)

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Dazed,
We'll have to agree to disagree. When your thoughts are hateful, you deserve to take the heat.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

*snip* Is a child at the right mental capacity to make a sexual decision? No. Two adults are. And they should be allowed whatever comes natural to them.

I am a christian. Or was. Or I really don't know anymore. It seems like the only reason why homosexuality is "wrong" is because the bible tells us so..... If the bible would never have anything in it that said homosexuality was wrong, would we really have a discussion about this.

(removed unnecessary vulgarity)
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Timmyboi23

I see that your reply to me (directly above this one) has been amputated by the staff for some reason or other. What's left doesn't refer in any way to the post you were replying to. Would you care to try again, this time in terms that meet the censors' approval?

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I scored a 19, highly non etc.

I guess personal experience is the only accredited educator when it comes to being gay. Homophobia is so entrenched that most people have no desire to challenge it, until it becomes personal, and someone you love comes out to you. At that point the usual evolutionary logic, or emotion-based beliefs, can be short-circuited by love. Its difficult to put someone you love in a box labled 'deviant', 'sinner', or basically 'I hate you'.
But it happens. Have you ever met those people? I bet they're reealy happy huh?

If you could know what its like to live under so much disapproval and rage, to have people tell you that you made a choice to live under their disapproval and rage, and then try to emerge somewhere where you wont get killed, and be a happy functional mentally healthy member of society; then maybe it would make sense, why we need to love everybody as much as possible, not just our top 5 or something. At least dont approve of the exclusion of others. When we exclude one person, we are excluding ourselves, and allowing the exclusion and hatred of others to be a normal thing in the world.

Its not just about gays, its about how anyone who could be considered different (which is anyone depending on the perspective of the ones in power...keep in mind...) is allowed to be treated in this world that we are actively creating by being alive in it.

Thanks!

-ATF

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Gay people make the best of friends!!!

Although i have to say i have not really had any gay female friends, those that are male are the best friends, and the most fun i ever had in my life!!

I gravitate towards them and they towards me!! I wouldnt change one of them..EVER!!!

I truly treasure my homosexual friends, for their sense of humor, and the fact that I am safe with them is an added extra. For those of you who dont care for their lifestyle, who cares!! You wont catch it. Have an open mind!

TAKE HOME A GAY PERSON TODAY and be their friend.

Edit to add: My husband has faults, but one of them is not homophobia. I have to admit he's seen me bring home most of my gay friends and he's also become their friends- I cant imagine most husbands adjusting to so many males in his wife's life.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by dgtempe]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join