It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you a homophobe????

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hmmm interesting commentary to associate one's sexuality with friendship.
"I have friends that are 'gay'", "Some of my family members are 'gay'". Sheesh that is trite.
My friends are such because we enjoy being together. My family is my family...some for the better others for the worse hehehe. But neither are more or less special because of their sexuality but, regarding friends based on their personalities, behaviors, etc.

Sexual choices are just that...choices...whether nature or nurture is well beyond me.

Being bigotted towards any group is just plain wrong. Whether it is racial, cultural, religious, sexual, etc. does not matter. Bigotry will destroy us as a people.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Gay people make the best of friends!!!

Although i have to say i have not really had any gay female friends, those that are male are the best friends, and the most fun i ever had in my life!!

I gravitate towards them and they towards me!!

Well said. I used to be married to a lesbian. She is still my very best friend.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I got a score of 96. "high grade homophobic."

Eh. lol. Nice quiz.
Though one part is stupid. 'Do you find homosexuality immoral'? OF COURSE I FIND IT IMMORAL AS I'M STRAIGHT.

[edit on 9/11/07 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wow, I would argue that being straight has nothing to do with ones moral beliefs, but to score a 96, you probably don't have many opinions you're open to changing.
You don't picket with Fred Phelps do you?

-ATF

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
'If you don't agree with me, you must be stupid'

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter
'Do you find homosexuality immoral'? OF COURSE I FIND IT IMMORAL AS I'M STRAIGHT.

I'm straight. I don't find homosexuality immoral or homosexuals repellent.

Clearly you believe that your own sexuality is the moral yardstick against which everybody else's must be judged.

And you call the quiz stupid!

What do you call this belief of yours, then? Intelligent? Wise? Morally upstanding?

Comparing people's quiz scores with their comments on this thread, it seems fairly clear that the quiz accurately measures people's 'homophobia quotient' or whatever it's called. Somebody should tell the people who invented the test.

Maybe they should now do a study correlating HQ with IQ. I'm willing to bet a tidy sum that the relationship is an inverse ratio.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I got a 28, and answered honestly as possible within the parameters of the questions.

I've got to say, I've seen some relationships between gay couples last much longer than straight couples. If they want to get married, and live together, why should their rights be any different from ours. I have insurance and other benefits that covers my wife, who I have been committed to since '91. If I die, she, as my surviving spouse will receive any of those benifits that are due her for being in a long term marriage to me. Why shouldn't a gay couple have the same sort of coverage? I don't see any problem there. I am not concerned with the religious right/wrong with that situation. All of the christians that raise hell about gay couples should look at the "Do not judge lest ye be judged.", scripture.

If I am "hit on" by a homosexual, I don't get offended, unless he tries to press the point. I don't know that I'd go as far as physical violence, but I'd certainly try to remove myself from the situation. It's not my cup of tea, but it may be somebody elses.

I don't understand why gays are gay, because I just don't feel that way. Gay people probably don't understand why I'm straight either, so it sort of equals out. It's not up to me to say that they can't get married, can't have a family, etc, and that matter, in my opinion, should not be something that is dictated by a public vote, and congressional edict, (Congress has more important things that they *should* be paying attention to..).

On the flip side, I don't believe that they, (or anyone), deserve to have *more* benefits or any privleges above and beyond anybody else. I always thought that equality was the end result that everyone wants.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

If a guy likes to screw around with farm animals should he be allowed to force his employer to pay for vet insurance on his goat? HELL NO!

Should the state and federal government give him a tax break for being "married"? HELL NO!

The bottom line here is this issue is all about SCREWING. There is NO VALUE ADDED TO SOCIETY by these types of relationships, in plainer terms, they PRODUCE NO CHILDREN to carry on the human struggle and build the community's future.

I don't care on whit if Bruce and Bob want to play house in pink miniskirts and chase eachother around the bedroom. I would hire either one of them if they were the best candidate for the job, I would have a beer with them after work if they were enjoyable company, I WON'T pay for Bob's healthcare as though he was Bruce's wife because he ISN'T Bruce's wife. He's Bruce's #buddy THAT'S ALL he is.

PEACE...
m...

Your comparisons are rediculous.

First off the comparison between gay marriage and bestiality is obsurd, theirs a HUGE difference between 2 consenting adults doing something that they want to do and a man having sex with a different species.

Second, It's not about screwing, obviously you have never been in a relationship if you think that is what it is all about, it is about love and companionship.

Gay people can have kids too, you even heard of artificial insemination(sp?) or surrogates. They play a helping hand in reproduction to.

Your post was completely idiotic.

[edit on 11/10/2007 by Uniceft17]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think this is the most offensive thread on ATS.

My dear friend died of lymphoma a few years ago, and his partner of 13 years was given no time off at work - he had used the last of his vacation days so he could be at the hospital toward the very end. He took a couple of unpaid days so he could arrange and attend the funeral - missed a big meeting for the funeral, and a couple of weeks later he was fired. He was not legally entitiled to any time off, and because he worked for homophobic people, they didn't bend any rules for him. Legally they didn't have to.

The day after the funeral, his partner's mom came to the house to try to get the car, the computer, and some furniture. She had never been to the house before in all those years. She wanted to know how much the house was worth and when my friend would put it up for sale - she was expecting half the money. She had never helped financially with any purchases over the year - had always been very vocal about how she didn't approve of the relationship.

Thankfully he'd made a will and had done estate planning, and the house was safe - so his partner (whose parents had leant them the money for the initial down payment!) was okay and is still there. It was a heart breaking thing to go through the day after the funeral - this is why there should be laws to protect people - all people. All tax-paying, contributing citizens. All of them.

I am really dismayed at the lack of imagination, empathy, and compassion in this thread. You heard the word gay, and people's minds go right to the gutter - talking about pedophiles and beastiality. It's a ridiculous and childish leap in thinking.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Wow. Just wow.

Reading this thread, my opinion of humanity has dropped another few notches. I didn't think that was possible.

I find it ironic that so many people have issues with a wang up the butt, yet have no problem spending their lives with their head in the same place.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
First off...there is no such thing as homophobia. A phobia is a crippling, unhealthy fear of something. People with real phobias literally break down and sometimes are unable to move..or drastically alter the natural course of their lives because of their phobia. There have been many people who have not gone outside of their houses..due to a phobia. I have yet to meet someone who is allegedly a "homophobic". Untill i see someone scream and go into uncontrolable shakes and vomit when a gay person walks past them..i'll belive that there is no such thing as a true homophobic.

I am not a homophobe. I hate gays, but i'm not a homophobe. There's a difference between having negative feelings toward group of people...and being down right unnaturally afraid of them.

So honestly unless you clam up and go into convulsions and freak out when you see a gay person..you are not a homoPHOBE. While i aggree some people might have a fear of gays...the idea that they would lose all control when they are around one, isn't accurate for everyone labeled a homophobe..simply because they don't like homosexuals.

Honestly i have no problem admitting i have a problem with gays. Hell at least i'm honest about it. It's better than those people who are like "i'm not a homophobe, some of my best friends are gay!". That's just covering up your bigotry. In fact it's even more biggotrous to say that you have friends that are gay..because the only reason you keep gay friends is to try to make people think you aren't a biggot!

So at least i come right out and say how i feel. I've had to work around for as long as i can remeber..because i work in the entertainment industry..and you can't work in the entertainment industry without working with gays. But just because i dont like their lifestyle and actions, doesn't mean i am deeply afriad of them.

Homosexuality goes against nature. And before you get all pissy..just think about this...if every animal, plant, marine life, and human were gay...all life on earth would die because there would be no one reproducing! In any animal or plant kingdom..with precious few exeptions..Males and Females go together. They reproduce and create more males and females. This is the law of nature. This is how all living things got here. Obviously men were not supposed to be with men, and women with women. This defies the laws of how nature works. So it's not neccicarily someones fault for being gay..but relize that gayness is NOT how nature intended for things to work.

However..just because i dont like it, doesn't mean i don't support certain civil rights (within reason) for gays..and i certainly don't condone violence against gays. We're human. We're not going to like every one or every thing. Part of being enlightened is realising that just because you hate someone for how they look, or the way they live..or for any reason you want to come up with, that doesn't mean you have to treat them like sub class citizens..and it certainly doesn't give you the right to be violent towards them.

It's not like i'm rude to the people i have to work with, simply because they are gay. I'm just as friendly to them when they choose to speak to me, as i would be with anyone else. It's not like i'd hang with them outside of work, or keep any gay friends..but i'm not one of those guys who will openly be rude to someone..just because i don't like them for whatever reason, especially if it's on the job.

But make no mistake..those of us who say we don't support gayness are not the ones with the problem. You all need to accept that for whatever reason your signals got crossed and you turned out gay. It's a malfunction just like extra fingers or retardation. It's a birth defect. An exception to the rule. I'm tired of people telling me that i'm the one with the problem, just because i think homosexuality goes against the laws of nature (which it does).

If women and men stopped procreating, there would be no life whatsoever. Sorry but i dont feel bad about saying or thinking what i do about gays.

By the way..what's the highest score you can get on the test? I got a 90 but i didn't answer some questions because i did not agree..or disagree with them.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Originally posted by Spawwwn

While i aggree some people might have a fear of gays...the idea that they would lose all control when they are around one, isn't accurate for everyone labeled a homophobe..simply because they don't like homosexuals.

I agree.

Honestly i have no problem admitting i have a problem with gays. Hell at least i'm honest about it. It's better than those people who are like "i'm not a homophobe, some of my best friends are gay!". That's just covering up your bigotry. In fact it's even more biggotrous to say that you have friends that are gay..because the only reason you keep gay friends is to try to make people think you aren't a biggot!

You have got to be kidding me. You really need help if you believe this garbage spewing out of you mouth.

But make no mistake..those of us who say we don't support gayness are not the ones with the problem. You all need to accept that for whatever reason your signals got crossed and you turned out gay. It's a malfunction just like extra fingers or retardation. It's a birth defect. An exception to the rule. I'm tired of people telling me that i'm the one with the problem, just because i think homosexuality goes against the laws of nature (which it does).

How do you know homosexuality doesn't occur naturally, how do you know it's a birth defect..........the problem is you don't, and no one does. And yes you do have a problem, you seem to act like a know it all of the universe. For example:

"It's better than those people who are like "i'm not a homophobe, some of my best friends are gay!". That's just covering up your bigotry. In fact it's even more biggotrous to say that you have friends that are gay..because the only reason you keep gay friends is to try to make people think you aren't a biggot!"

"You all need to accept that for whatever reason your signals got crossed and you turned out gay. It's a malfunction just like extra fingers or retardation. It's a birth defect."

If women and men stopped procreating, there would be no life whatsoever.

Homosexuals reproduce, hell homosexuals are out their having babies everyday, wether it be through artificial insemination or surrogates, it's still procreation.

[qoute]By the way..what's the highest score you can get on the test? I got a 90 but i didn't answer some questions because i did not agree..or disagree with them.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Live and let live.

Labels are about as much use as tits on fish.

MonKey

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Uniceft17 - How does homosexuality NOT go against the laws of nature? You explain to me how nature would work if every plant and animal and human was gay. How would bears reproduce? How would anything reproduce? You explain to me in a logical way, how the world would have evolved as much as it has..if EVERY living creature was gay. Weather or not gayness "occurs naturally" isn't even relevant, the point is that males and females NEED each other to reproduce..and keep the cycle of life going as it has been for thousands of years.

Artificial insemination is NOT reproducing. First off, how do you expect them to have done artificial insemination back in the year 2000 B.C? Better yet, how are deer and wolves supposed to artificially inseminate? Exactly..there is no logical answer. The only thing that makes sense is that male species are supposed to reproduce with female species.

You can't just say gayness is natural in nature, based on the assumtion that we have artificial insemination and gays can "reproduce"..because humans are a small percent of the actual species on earth. Animals are not artificially inseminating..especially considering that artificial insemination would not exist if it wasn't for evolution..which is a product of males and females procreating together.

Males + Females = Life

This is basic nature. This is not debateable. Males and Females were made to be together, and to reproduce with each other. How are male lions and male lions supposed to make more lions? They can't. Like i said, gayness goes against the very laws of nature and creation. It's not my fault if the gays wont accept this fact. The truth is that if everything was gay, there would be no life on earth..or at least very less species on earth.

Like i said, i'm not going to beat up any gays (in or outside of work)..or be rude to them (during the confines of work) but i'm not about to accept the idea that homosexuality is "natural".

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Uniceft17 - How does homosexuality NOT go against the laws of nature? You explain to me how nature would work if every plant and animal and human was gay. How would bears reproduce? How would anything reproduce? You explain to me in a logical way, how the world would have evolved as much as it has..if EVERY living creature was gay. Weather or not gayness "occurs naturally" isn't even relevant, the point is that males and females NEED each other to reproduce..and keep the cycle of life going as it has been for thousands of years.

I never said it did or didn't, I said how do you know it does.
You can't make something that is so complex into something so simple, it could be happening for a reason, something that you or i can not understand.

Artificial insemination is NOT reproducing. First off, how do you expect them to have done artificial insemination back in the year 2000 B.C? Better yet, how are deer and wolves supposed to artificially inseminate? Exactly..there is no logical answer. The only thing that makes sense is that male species are supposed to reproduce with female species.

Yes, artificial insemination leads to reproduction, I dont care how they did it 2000 years ago, it still reaches the ultimate goal of reproduction, if you artificially inseminate someone then changes are they are going to get pregnant and REPRODUCE. where you like it or not.

Definition of REPRODUCE.

v.tr.
To produce a counterpart, image, or copy of.
Biology. To generate (offspring) by sexual or asexual means.
To produce again or anew; re-create.
To bring (a memory, for example) to mind again; recall.
v.intr.
To generate offspring.
To undergo copying: graphics that reproduce well

You can't just say gayness is natural in nature, based on the assumtion that we have artificial insemination and gays can "reproduce"..because humans are a small percent of the actual species on earth. Animals are not artificially inseminating..especially considering that artificial insemination would not exist if it wasn't for evolution..which is a product of males and females procreating together.

For the 2nd time, i never said it was natural maybe you should learn how to read if you think i did say that.

And you can't say it IS NATURAL, your problem is that you think you know everything about the compexity of nature. It isn't as BASIC as you think it is.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I scored .

25 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."

But hey I already knew that I didn't need a test to tell me that but I thought that I would share the result anyway. Really I am mostly a let and let live kind of guy.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Amoebae don't play house

Uniceft17 - How does homosexuality NOT go against the laws of nature? You explain to me how nature would work if every plant and animal and human was gay. How would bears reproduce? How would anything reproduce?

Did you read the rest of the thread?

Did you know that other animals besides humans display homosexual behaviour and that it is common among chimps and bonobos?

Homosexuality is very common among humans, too. We know it isn't spread by parasites or any kind - viruses, bacteria, worms, whatever. So if it did not have an evolutionary purpose, how has it survived for so long?

You explain to me in a logical way, how the world would have evolved as much as it has..if EVERY living creature was gay.

Have you heard of something called parthenogenesis?

Have you ever wondered why sex exists at all?

Males + Females = Life

This is basic nature. This is not debateable.

Fiddlesticks. Viruses and bacteria (which together form over 90 percent of Earth's biomass) aren't male or female but they reproduce anyway. So do amoebae and bdelloid rotifers. And certain kinds of plant. And platyfish.

Again I ask you: do you know why sex exists? Have you ever even thought about that question?

i'm not about to accept the idea that homosexuality is "natural".

This I believe. But your refusal to accept a fact doesn't make it any less of a fact.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The amount of outright anger and borderline hate in this thread is amazing. The part of all of this that I can't figure out if why the existence of or public acceptance of homosexuality gets the blood of some people boiling the way it does.

Personally, I couldn't care less. Unless you are sleeping in my bed your sexuality is irrelevant to me.

It is the willingness of some people to discriminate against and verbally demean others that I personally find offensive. I read a post earlier in this thread (can't seem to find it as I write this) that alluded to homosexuals not contributing anything to society because they do not produce children. Firstly, as pointed out by another member there are avenues such as artificial insemination and adoption that do result in gay couples raising children. Secondly, I personally know more than one heterosexual couple who have chosen not to have children. Would the same scorn heaped on homosexuals for not producing children also apply to heterosexual couples who choose not to reproduce?

Just musing out loud...frost.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Most of these arguments are old hat, tired and have been flogged to death anyway. The main reason people *hate* homosexuals is they simply need to have something to hate, it justifies that rotten sadistic little part of their nature that revels in being crappy to and about other people.

And get over this BS that gays are of no worth in the greater scheme of things. They work, pay taxes, fight in wars, help their neighbours, keep the law, rescue people from burning buildings etc etc blah blah, if reproducing was all that humanity was defined by we'd have stopped developing when we evolved into rabbits.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Nobody addresses how a parent feels when they discover their child has decided to be a lesbian. i say decided because IT IS A CHOICE. We make choices everday. I cannot believe anyone states that "animals can be homosexuals" We are not animals. Animals will hump anything that moves We have brains, the ability to reason, and Free Will. If I meet some guy and decide I want to cheat on my husband, should I say I had no choice. i just couldn't control the urge?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join