It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you a homophobe????

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irma
It always happens, you just don't notice it.

Has any heterosexual person ever try to tell you that there is nothing wrong with being a heterosexual throughout your life?

Has any heterosexual person ever flaunt his lifestyle in front of you like kissing a woman, holding her hand, frolicking with her and held her in a loving embrace that have nothing to do with sex but an act of love - throughout your life?

Have the heterosexual people ever throw an annual parade through the city's downtown celebrating their procreation/recreational lifestyle for the public in your life?

Has any heterosexual person come up to you and say, "Hey, we're straight and proud, get used to it!" just to remind you? Has any heterosexual person check you out, thinking you're all hot stuff, wink at you, smile at you, nod and hoping for a quickie or take-me-home-let's-f***?

Originally posted by Irma
Why not publicize it? Why not make it acceptable to the masses. Any minority group that recieves an unfair deal from the rest of society wants equality..........Next you'll be telling me that women want to vote.

For any minority group - cultural heritage celebrations, yes. Sexual lifestyle promotion, no.

I believe that people's sexual activities should remains private. Period.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I know I'm not homophobic, I have a hard time respecting people who are.

Although, I did score higher on that quiz than I thought I would...

I got a 20 - High Non Homophobic

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
Has any heterosexual person ever flaunt his lifestyle in front of you like kissing a woman, holding her hand, frolicking with her and held her in a loving embrace that have nothing to do with sex but an act of love - throughout your life?

Yeah, this happens quite often. What's the problem with that?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hey all

Just got in interesting score - 69 woot.

People can do whatever they want sexually it doesn't worry me in the slightest unless they pushed it onto me one way or another.

I see nothing wrong with people being gay, but the way society makes it into such a 'topic for discussion' these days, with all the TV shows, parades and such just annoys me. I mean come on, having parades about one's sexuality when it should be done in private? Are they trying to 'prove' they are gay? Oh and another aspect of sexuality which hasn't had too much spotlight is asexuality (read a few articles, does it exist?).

Sex was intended to reproduce, why care if one manipulates the erogenous zones differently with a partner whom they 'love'? People choose to do this, harming noone and enjoying it. If you come back at me with 'it's a sin don't do it', well what about the priests who devote their lives to a religion yet rape young choir boys against their consent? To me that is sin.

As long as people are happy in themselves and are true to themselves is ultimately what matters.

Just a few cents.

- Nazgarn

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Has any heterosexual person check you out, thinking you're all hot stuff, wink at you, smile at you, nod and hoping for a quickie or take-me-home-let's-f***?

It doesn't happen half as often as I wish it would

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Irma]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Yeah, this happens quite often. What's the problem with that?

You overlooked a key word: flaunt.

flaunt: (v) 1) - to display ostentatiously or impudently (in other words: show off)

Most heterosexual couples don't actually flaunt themselves in public. Public display of affection is one thing between a man and a woman, public display of affection between a man and a man (or a woman or a woman) is another matter: conditioning the society to accept and tolerate homosexuality PUBLICLY.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think the parades have more to do with responding to hostility directed against homosexuality than just throwing as parade for fun of it or to show off.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

I have no problem with someone who is a homosexual, I have my own sins to deal with, thank you very much. My beef is with those who expect me to embrace the perverted lifestyle as normal and want to attack traditional culture.

No one has asked you, or anyone else, to embrace the homosexual lifestyle. All I can recall them asking is that you give them the same respect and right to live their lives as any other human being would expect.

It is not wrong to let another person make their own peace with God, while you do the same.

You have the most appropriete avatar I have seen to date.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The only reason that most people believe homosexuality is wrong is because that is what they were taught. They do not have the capability to reasonably look at the facts and make a common sense judgement for themselves as to what the actual facts are.

Homosexuals are NOT capable of breeding. They are not turning out little homo's right and left in an attempt to subvert society. There is no grand Homo plan to lead us all into the jaws of Satan.

It is not a sin to be born. It is not a sin to follow your heart and it damn sure isn't a sin to reflect upon your creator the very nature that was granted unto you.

To say life is terrible, to deny who you are and to consider life a burden is to spit in the face of the very one that granted it to you. Be that your God or your parents.

You believe that being homosexual is wrong or a sin? Well, all here rise as Judge mental enters the court to damn those he or she has found lacking.

I personally will leave that to the creator of us all and trust in his wisdom.

For the record, I'm as straight as an arrow.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
yes you are correct..It is sad..

You automatically go to your defaut settings ..labeling people who voice a different opinion and viewpoint than you by namecalling...hatred insecure..etc etc..and whatever comes down the line next.

What you did not do is debate my opinion...cite any historical precident ..you just automatically launched into your standard diatribe.
I have been through this plenty of times with people of your persuasion.
The sad part..is that you claim to know so much bible. I did not quote the standard parts that most Christians use...I dont need them.

For the record..my sister is Gay...I love my sister..and see her often. I do not however approve of her lifestyle and dont want to see it around me. I dont bother her...or lecture her about it.
You automatically assume that people who dont believe as do you ...are hate filled...clearly demonstrating that you yourself are intolerant and narrow minded...the very pattern that you try to label others.

Once again ..you did not debate my main point...please show me the chapter and verse..where it instructs the Hebrews in the Olde Testament to do as the nations surrounding them did and define themselves by or glorify thier sexuality. Please show me in the New Testament where this instruction is given. You quote alot of bible..please quote me this instruction!!

Thanks
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I got 26 and im non homophobic according to this survey. i dont consider myself to have any problems with homososexual people however i do use gay as a degrogertiary comment( hope ive spelt that right) and i do laugh at jokes about sterotypical people, such as homosexuals.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The only reason that most people believe homosexuality is wrong is because that is what they were taught.

Dead wrong. People through out their lives change their minds and views on many, many things. Prejudices are not always taught at home, neither are prejudices bad necessarily. Prejudice can be acquired by experience and/or reason.

I'm prejudiced against crack-heads and doppers. I didn't learn that at home. One of my brothers is a dopper and I have no tolerance for him at all. We are never 'with the folks' at the same time. He doesn't come around and my kids have nothing to do with this uncle. While this may cause my parents some hurt or pain it is a whole lot less then any alternative (other than him drying out) would cause them.

I got an 83 on the test.

If a belief against something is a phobia then just call me 'phobie.'

I don't swap spit with guys and have zero use for any guy that does. There is no 'love' reason for it.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I would like to start off by clarifying that I look at life from a natural standpoint.

Having said this, I would also like to say that I am bisexaul. If you feel that you need to critique my lifestyle or actions, please do so in a respectful manor (no swearing at me, no using the term "fag" or "faggot," etc.) I can handle disagreement, but no person should have to tolerate blatent insults.

Also, don't make foolish assumptions.

I am not attracted to children. I have never participated in any activities involving pedophelia or beastiality. I never intend to. I do not appear to be a steriotypical homosexual. I do not force any of my sexual preferences on people. I am both emotionally and physically attracted to both sexes and I would never have sex with someone unless the relation was serious on an emotional level.

These should resolve many assumptions that I have heard before but I am sure there are more so, if you don't know, ask. I will not take offense to any questions that could affect the quality of discussion on this thread.

Many people who have posted on this thread would say that I lead a contradictory lifestyle. I will adamantly say that you are wrong.

Any person with access to a computer or a library could easily find out that homosexual acts are practiced in dogs, cats, and every species of pimate that has been studied.

Coming from a natural standpoint, I view humans as being glorified animals. It isn't an insult, but a statement of fact. When you strip away religious views, humans are just acting on an advanced survival adaptations and instincts such as curiosity and advanced ingenuity.

Also, I read a very interesting point in one post. Why would someone choose to live in fear of violence and persecution? Why would someone say, "I would like to risk my job, my friends, my relationship with my family, and my social status."

I am not arguing against those who have religious stance on the issue of homosexuality as it is usually a fruitless effort. I am, however, arguing the phisiological and natural stance as there is scientific evidence that can be used. So please, don't quote scripture of any religion at me. I am fully aware of such phrases and do not need a reminder of their existance.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I pretty much agree with what you are saying Joe Doaks. I was not brought up to hate this group of people....or any other for that matter. Nor was I brought up in the Christian Doctrine. Religion was hardly discussed in my parents household.

I thouroughly understand your position on natural men...Daniel..I just dont approve.
I just happen to know that natural man..for all his intelligence always returns to these roots of this topic discussed here...it is the epitomy of human evolution...men by their natural intelligence cannot get away from it. This can be demonstrated by many civilizations of whom we have ample historical records. Human beings for all their greatness must always return to Paganism..and this is the fruit produced by this natural intelligence. However...for some reason ..this is used to pass for intellect. I will never buy into this dogma....for the very reasons you stated Daniel...

Thanks
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I am confused. Of what dogma do you speak of?

"I just happen to know that natural man..for all his intelligence always returns to these roots of this topic discussed here...it is the epitomy of human evolution...men by their natural intelligence cannot get away from it. This can be demonstrated by many civilizations of whom we have ample historical records."

what roots do you mean? What is the epitomy of human evolution? What can humans never get away from? What is demonstrated?

Basically, I am unsure of the subject in this post. I'm not being picky or arrogant. I really am confused as to what the subject of the post is and therefore I am confused about what idea you were expressing in the post. Can you restate the post in a different way to help me understand?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
17 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."
So I marked the test scores wrong the first time which gave me a drastically different result, lol. So I'm an idiot!!! But I still stand by what I said, besides the original results

[edit on 26-4-2005 by daboga75]

Which I inadvertantly erased. Dang nab it, lol. Well, this was my first time editing a post--so cut me some slack!

[edit on 26-4-2005 by daboga75]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
So what do you learn from swapping spit with a guy?

Just think of all the learning you are cutting your soul off from, by limiting your affection to the SAME sex.

I just don't see what you are going to learn from another guy about understanding the full spectrum of human emotion, by being 'physical brothers' with them.

What fundamental role will you play in the life of another man? Boytoy? Super...
I just don't see the give and take, or maybe I would prefer not to

For the sum to be greater than the parts, the forces must be as dis-similar as possible. Or 'oppo-same', because opposite is what same sex physical love is....

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
akilles...no, one is attracted to what they are attracted to. homosexuals are just not attracted to the opposite sex....they can't help it any more than someone can help being attracted to blond or brunette...it just is. Of course if one is not gay....it's hard to totally understand, though some are more understanding than others.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
So what do you learn from swapping spit with a guy?

Just think of all the learning you are cutting your soul off from, by limiting your affection to the SAME sex.

I just don't see what you are going to learn from another guy about understanding the full spectrum of human emotion, by being 'physical brothers' with them.

What fundamental role will you play in the life of another man? Boytoy? Super...
I just don't see the give and take, or maybe I would prefer not to

For the sum to be greater than the parts, the forces must be as dis-similar as possible. Or 'oppo-same', because opposite is what same sex physical love is....

I am not familiar with the "oppo-same" concept. Could you further and more clearly explain it to me?

Personally, any relationship I am in will be based on emotion, not sex. So I would hope that the fundamental role I would play in another man's life would be extra emotional and physical support and giving love just like any relationship that I could have with a woman. Sex is just an added benefit to a relationship, not a strong basis for one.

In response to your second comment, I must ask a question in return.

So what do you learn from swapping spit with the opposite sex?

Just think of all the learning you are cutting your soul off from, by limiting your affection to the OPPOSITE sex.

I usually wouldn't make that arguement but if that's your arguement, then that's how I have to phrase my response. Personally, I believe that you can learn all that you will need to know just by simply allowing yourself to love. If that love happens to be directed to a member of the same sex, then so be it. The same goes for love being directed to a member of the opposite sex. Is it possible that you do not see what you can learn from being in a same sex relationship because you are simply straight, just like a gay person probably wouldn't see what he/she could learn form being in an opposite sex relationship?

Generally, people have trouble accepting that there can be any other mindset than their own (I am no exception to this). I often become frustrated by the logic people use because I approach situations with a different frame of mind and therefor a different form of logic. Honestly, I think that all of us (me included) need to accept that sometimes, there is no set "right" way to do things. What is right for one person could be wrong for another.

Also, I don't limit my affection to the same sex. As I said before, I am bisexual. I am atracted physically and emotionally to members of BOTH sexes. So I don't limit myself to the same or the opposite sex or the same sex.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
A man actually is sexually attracted to young boys. We call him sick. What is the difference?????

THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT A YOUNG CHILD IS INVOLVED!
you have so many issues you need to address.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join