It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golf: Golf: Tiger accusing players of using "hot" drivers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Sounds like Sosa and his corked bat.

The PGA Tour's decision to start testing for illegal equipment is a good first step, Woods said Wednesday. But he wishes more could be done.

Tour commissioner Tim Finchem announced Tuesday that beginning in January, a portable device will be available at all tour stops so players can measure the springlike effect of their drivers, letting them know for sure if they're ''hot'' or not.

At issue is a physics term called the ''coefficient of restitution'' (COR), which measures how quickly a golf ball springs off the face of a club at impact. When the face is ultra thin, it allows for more of a trampoline effect.

Golf's ruling bodies last year set the limit at 0.83 for professional tours.

But right now, the only way to tell for certain if a driver is ''hot'' is to send the club to the USGA Research and Test Center, where it's taken apart and analyzed. The new portable test uses a pendulum and a small weight, so players could conveniently check their drivers on the range if they wanted.

sports.espn.go.com...

I wish Tiger would just accept his slow start as a slump and stop complaining. How can anyone with over 100 million complain about anything?

TRD

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
hasnt tiger got nothing better to do,just because he isnt winning all the tournaments he assumes that everyone must be cheating.....

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
hasnt tiger got nothing better to do,just because he isnt winning all the tournaments he assumes that everyone must be cheating.....

what if other people really are cheating though?? I have no problem with players in any sport getting tested for cheating.

TRD

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It could be possible,i mean i just dont know if they are...I suppose in a way he wouldnt have said it for nothing so something may be going on...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
It could be possible,i mean i just dont know if they are...I suppose in a way he wouldnt have said it for nothing so something may be going on...

I mean what he said kinda made him look like a whiny jackass so I really dont think he would say that just for the hell of it. No one wants to make themselves look bad

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hey who cares if they are cheating,thats the way to win if you are not good enough.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Terminator
Hey who cares if they are cheating,thats the way to win if you are not good enough.

Well, if they're not good enough, maybe they should consider a new career.

If that's the case then they are already cheaters, so IMO they really aren't entitled to the money they're making and therefore could also be considered thieves.

Personally, I hate cheaters and thieves!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What do they mean by hot?

top topics

join