It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian vs. USA Tech

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Does anyone know what the replacement for the Mig-29 is. If we know we could do some comparo with the F-35.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

Originally posted by Hyperspace
Let's see a Russian laser cannon...here is the American version.

Keep dreaming Jetboy..

It isnt American..

Not by far!!!

Its made and designed in small nation called Isreal..

Isreal working with America...peterpuffer

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
ive heard about the laser cannon ,but never seen it very cool thanks for the pic

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yes Isreal is developing it, 1/3 of it, we got 2/3. It was tested in the USA and also Lockheed Martin came up with the idea. Honestly, if there was a fight, it would be USA, Britian, Isreal, Canada, Australlia, Japan, South Korea, Spain, Iraq ( Some of it), Afgan ( Some of it ) and some other countrys, I cant think of it. and Vs all other countys, I think, I forgot a lot. Man, thats like ordering a Supersized Big Mac in McDonalds. Well, nice to see you all, USA and its ALLIES OWN ALL, thank you. WWW.TEAMGOD.NET

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by Laxpla]

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by Laxpla]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... thats a cool bow.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The Russian plane most similar to the JSF is the MiG I-2000.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
ZUBR CLASS (POMORNIK) AIR CUSHIONED LANDING CRAFT
Specifications
Designer:
Builder: Sudostroil'noye Obyedieneniye (Almaz), Dekabristov SY, St. Petersburg
Yuzhnaya Tochka SY, Feodosiya

Displacement (tons): 480 tons standard
535 tons full load

Speed (kts): 60-63 knots

Dimensions (m): 56.2 meters long
22.3 meters beam
2.0 meters draft

Propulsion: 5 gas. turbines x 10000 hp; 3 four bladed variable air props., GT generator: 4x100 kW; 300 n.m/55 kts; endurance: 5 days

Crew: 21-31 crew

Armament:

Missiles: 2x22 140mm Ogon launchers (132 missiles)
4 x 4 SA Strela-3 total: 32

Guns: 2 x 6 AK-630 gattl. AA (6 x 30 mm; r: 6'000rds/m/mount; 6000 rounds)

Military lift: 3 T-80 tanks or 8 BMP-3 or 10 BTR-80 APC or 140 assault troops with 130 tons cargo

General Characteristics

Class: LCAC 1

Builder: Textron Marine and Land Systems/Avondale Gulfport Marine

Power Plant: 4- Avco-Lycoming TF-40B gas turbines (2 for propulsion/2 for lift); 16,000 hp sustained; 2- shrouded reversible pitch airscrews; 4- double-entry fans, centrifugal or mixed flow (lift)

Length: 87 feet 11 inches (26.4 meters)

Beam: 47 feet (14.3 meters)

Displacement: 87.2 tons (88.60 metric tons) light; 170-182 tons (172.73 - 184.92 metric tons) full load

Range: 200 miles at 40 kts with payload / 300 miles at 35 kts with payload
Speed: 40+ knots (46+ mph; 73.6 kph) with full load

Load Capacity: 60 tons / 75 ton overload

Military lift: 24 troops or 1 MBT

Crew: Five

Armament: 2 - 12.7mm MGs. Gun mounts will support: M-2HB .50 cal machine gun; Mk-19 Mod3 40mm grenade launcher; M-60 machine gun

The Russian LCAC is better then the US one.

Look at the specs!

Why dont you people tell me which is better?

Its for sure the Russian ZUBR CLASS (POMORNIK) AIR CUSHIONED LANDING CRAFT.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I thought the first picture looked cool, but when I saw the second, I saw this freakin hovercraft with giant fans. I was like
, then I started to
, meanwhile, I was kind of
that Russia cant be
. Aftermath ==

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
I thought the first picture looked cool, but when I saw the second, I saw this freakin hovercraft with giant fans. I was like
, then I started to
, meanwhile, I was kind of
that Russia cant be
. Aftermath ==

hard to admit the truth isnt it!

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yes, I stated the truth, Russia got OWNED by the USA

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Yes, I stated the truth, Russia got OWNED by the USA

#EN moron if you know how to read stats you will know the Russian land ship OWNS the USA one!

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wow..I am a little late getting into this topic (but with ATS' growth, it has been hard for me to keep up : - / )

Anyways, I will stand neutral, leaning to the U.S. side on this one. Why? Because the U.S. is the only country in the world that can be considered a 'true' superpower. Russia, yes, has its pros and cons, but the communism is holding it back big time. They have been leaning towards to democracy, but if they don't change, I believe the U.S. will keep the upper hand. Lets see some more boys!

-wD

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hey Russian, whats shakin bacon? Well, please, as I say for the 10th time, dont be mad, all Iam saying is that, you and your third world country dont compare to the USA, I mean, you are comparing your stuff with 20 yr old tech.

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by Laxpla]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Hey Russian, whats shakin bacon? Well, please, as I say for the 10th time, dont be mad, all Iam saying is that, you and your third world country dont compare to the USA, I mean, you are comparing your stuff with 20 yr old tech.

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by Laxpla]

you are boring so

STFU

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
For the 11th time, dont be mad, just say it once and it will be all over, USA owns RUSSIA

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
C'mon fellas, i gave you guys your own tread. Just trying to help

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
lets put laxpla on ignore list all

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
lets put laxpla on ignore list all

Done!

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
OK, I got a couple of things to say.

1) When comparing technology, you ALWAYS have to look at training. If you can't properly operate or maintain the equipment, it will effectively be rendered useless.

2) Stating specs. is one form of comparison, but you also need to seriously look at how and when that particular piece of equipment will be used. For instance, the LCAC will have a much better chance of deploying troops and equipment in a hot zone versus the Zubr due to is lower profile and spuerior manueverability. To be fair (and unbiased), I think that Russian air power has an advantage over the US in the respect that they require fewer personnel to get up in the air therby providing an improved response time to a potential threat.

3) It seems that the only way people can "support" their positions is to post links. This leads me to believe that noone out there, except for myself, have any relavent experience in this area. If anyone does have experience in this area, PLEASE post - these people need more valid input.

That's all I have for this topic. As far as i can tell, nothing productive will come from this debate because noone is really doing anything productive, just doing a bit of mud-slinging. The object of this website is to "Deny Ignorance", not propagate it.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Again, this thread is not for saying who will win a war or why training is important: IT IS ONLY FOR COMPARING THE TECHNOLOGY.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join