It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Webber out 7-10 days!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Philadelphia 76ers forward Chris Webber will miss seven to 10 days after spraining his left shoulder against the Phoenix Suns, the team said Thursday.

Webber was injured Wednesday night in the first half of Phoenix's 116-87 win over the 76ers. Webber said the Sixers team doctor told him at halftime not to return to the game, but he ignored the advice and played anyway. He had 12 points and six rebounds before leaving the game 2:31 into the third quarter.

LINK

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just as he was fitting inot the system there. This will be a blow to them, hopefully they can hold onto that last playoff spot...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Actually, I think it could be a blessing in disguise, Gibbs.

It takes pressure off the Sixers. With Webber, they're expected to win. Now they're not.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
What has thier record been without him?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
2 and 1. He got injured last Wednesday night at Phoenix.

Then they lost to Dallas. And then won at Boston. And won at home vs. Charlotte tonight.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So, they are firming up thier grip on the last spot in the playoffs. Cool. But, will the Heat sweep them?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hehe, I think the Heat will take them out in 5 actually.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The Sixers are only a game behind the struggling Cavs for 7th place, who would play Detroit. Still not a great draw though.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Yeah if you guys can get up to 6th and play Boston, then I think you guys could do some real damage.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yeah, Boston in the best shot, but, how far down are they now? 3 games out of 6th? That's quite a bit of ground to gain, with only 8 games remaining.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
That sure is Gibbs. Heck, they're 3 games behind Boston too, which if they caught would boost them all the way up to the 3rd seed.

They're playing well right now, and getting Webber back can only help. They said he's possible for Tuesday.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

They're playing well right now, and getting Webber back can only help. They said he's possible for Tuesday.

I don't know man. 3 and 1 now without Webber.

Maybe Webber should just pack it up for the year and sit at home and have the rest of his $60 million mailed to him. Sixers are playing well without him.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
My, how you've turned on Webber, Fox...

[Edited on 4/9/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Bothered by bum thumbs, Allen Iverson used nifty assists instead of slash-and-crash moves to help the Philadelphia 76ers make a nice pass in the standings.

Iverson had 23 points and a career-high 16 assists to help the 76ers sweep the season series against Cleveland with a 103-98 victory Friday night and leapfrog the Cavaliers into seventh place in the Eastern Conference playoff race.

Link

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Dont count out the Sixahs just yet.

They have a huge game vs the Wizards tonight and the Nets are currently puttin' a whoopin' on the Celtiics right now, up 16 in the second quarter.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Nets come up and swipe that 8th spot from the Cavs. Cleveland is really strugglin, the Sixers owned the paint last night with Igaulskas out.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
My, how you've turned on Webber, Fox...

Not really turned on him as much I've seen enough times where when Webber gets injured, the team he's on actually plays better.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The Sixers are without Webber AND Iverson tonight.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What a great game and a HUGE win for the Sixers tonight, thats four straight wins and they did it tonight without C-Webb and AI.

That puts them two games behind Boston for the Atlantic division and the East's 3rd seed and also just two games behind the Wizards for the 6th spot in the East.

Winning without their two stars should give alot of confidence to this young Sixers squad, they beat a good Wizards team despite 44 points by Gilbert Arenas.

The Sixers were up by as much as 21 in the 2nd quarter and up 12 at the break. By the middle of the third quarter the Wizards battled back and took an 8-point lead. I was thinking "Here we go again." Willie Green played well for AI, Marc Jackson and Sammy Dalembert had big games. and Andre Igoudola just continues to get better and better. Korver and Rodney Rodgers banged some threes as well.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Great win by the sixers, that'd be awesome if they top Boston for the division. Didn't they raise the first round from 5 games to 7 games?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
if they take boston for the division surely the sixers are then seeded 3rd

top topics

<<   2 >>

join