It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Webber out 7-10 days!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Great win by the sixers, that'd be awesome if they top Boston for the division. Didn't they raise the first round from 5 games to 7 games?

The First Round of the NBA Playoffs is best-of-5 games. Each succeeding round, including the NBA Finals, is best-of-7 games. The First Round is played on a 2-2-1 basis and the Conference Semifinals and the Conference Finals are played in a 2-2-1-1-1 format. The NBA Finals are played on a 2-3-2 basis; the team with the better regular season record is the home team for the first two and last two games.

www.nba.com...

The Sixers play Boston Tuesday night, a win could pull them within a game of the division lead and the #3 seed, and AI and C-Webb could possibly both return.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thanks man, I thought I remembered they had raised it to 7 games, all in pursuit of the almighty doller...

I like having the first round as 5 games, it allows for more of a chance of an upset. Keeps things interesting, IMO. In fact, I think it should be best of 3 games in the first, best of 5 in the second, then 7, then 9...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Um, that's odd, that it's on nba.com. I'll have to look more into that.
Because I'm pretty sure the first round series is Best of Seven.

It was changed to that starting with the 2003 playoffs.

The players and the league agreed to it. The League got more games (what they want). The players got to come into training camp like several days later (what they want). I remember that.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

It was changed to that starting with the 2003 playoffs.

The players and the league agreed to it. The League got more games (what they want). The players got to come into training camp like several days later (what they want). I remember that.

Thaks, I thought i remembered it being changed, but wasn't sure...

I remember the first year it happened, Barkley was complaining about it. Great guy, speaks his mind, he makes the NBA bearable when there is awful play...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

I thought the same thing, so I looked it up.

That NBA.com article must be old although it has today's date on the page.

This says otherwise.....(from last season)

But some weird things have been going on in the NBA playoffs this season, to the point that a few first-round upsets might be brewing. And that could have something to do with the fact the NBA's first round has adopted a best-of-seven format for the first time since 1974, when only eight teams made the playoffs.

www.canoe.ca...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Do you think they've switched back?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I don't think they've switched back.

I follow basketball closer than the other 2 major sports (baseball and football) and I haven't heard them switching back.

I could have missed it though.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm about 99% sure it's 7 all the way through.

The Heat lost again today, they're a totally different team without Shaq. They only scored 72 points against the Pistons.

C-Webb should be back Tuesday to play the Celtics as should AI. Antoine Walker returned to the Celtics lineup Saturday night.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I like the Best-of-Seven format in the first round.

Because it means more playoff games and more playoff games means more fun.

And it also means I get to watch more Kings' games.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I like having less games in a series, makes it moe susceptible for upsets, like in the NCAA tourney...could you imagine bucknell beating the Pistons?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join