It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Kobe or MJ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
during this final comparision have been arising as to who is better, Kobe or MJ? Kobe has already 3 or 4 rings now and he is only 25 but jordan is consider the best in the NBA ever or close to it.

Who is better or who will be better?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Michael Jordan is the best ever.

Kobe dont even come close.

TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
No contest....

If it was a boxing match Kobe would have been knocked out in the first round...

Ben

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
but im not saying that kobe is better but what at the age of 25 though? mj really didnt separate himself until his later years. He was dominate at 25 but he pulled away in his later years

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
first off, both are great players, with exceptional skills on the basketball court.

And yeah, Kobe has the rings now that Mike didn't at the same age. But Micheal never played with a physical behomoeth like Shaq. I don't prticularly care for Shaq, at least until he imporves his free throws (yeah right
) But there is no denying his presence. If Mike had someone even remotely comparable to him, rather than Bill Cartwright, earlier in his career, he would have won about the same number of rings as....

Bill Russell, the man who we should be talking about in this thread. He was, without a doubt, the best ever. More rings, and a consumate team player. No question here, although MJ is a close second, he just had more flash, and is still in the news.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Leaving some pretty good ball-players off that list. Wilt, Kareem, Dr. J. hell even Magic.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
#23 IS THE MAN!!

*bows to his airness*

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
#23 IS THE MAN!!

*bows to his airness*

But can his Airness clear the Stilt

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Alright guys, check out this site to make your arguements for who's best -

NBA history

AS for my arguement, let the numbers speak for themselves...Bill Russell-

5 time league MVP
22.5 RPG in his career
12 time all-star

Leader of the Boston Celtics dynasty that produced 11 champions in 13 years.
Now, who can top that???

For his profile, go here - profile link

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Wilt Chamberlain

G 1045
FG%.540
FT% .511
Rebs23,924
RPG 22.9
Asts4643
APG 4,4
Pts 31,419
PPG 30,1

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Larry Bird

G FG% 3PFG% FT% Rebs RPG Asts APG Stls Blks Pts PPG
897 .496 .376 .886 8,974 10.0 5,695 6.3 1,556 755 21,791 24.3

Those are my picks

[Edited on 6/13/2004 by sniper474]

[Edited on 6/13/2004 by sniper474]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It seems "His Airness" may have a beef - so to speak - with alleged successor Kobe Bryant. Allow me to elaborate...

I was shocked to learn that Michael Jordan's Steakhouse in Uncasville, CT does not offer Kobe beef on its menu, despite the obvious marketing opportunities (www.michaeljordanssteakhouse.com...)...

Then again, there's certainly something fishy about the "10 ounce Dolphin Francaise" offered at Shula's Steak House...

For those of you wondering just what exactly Kobe beef is, foodreference.com explains it quite nicely (www.foodreference.com...):

"Kobe beef is a special grade of beef from cattle raised in Kobe, Japan. These cattle are massaged with sake and are fed a daily diet that includes large amounts of beer. This produces meat that is extraordinarily tender, finely marbled, and full-flavored. It is also extremely expensive, often costing more than $100 per pound. Because of the high cost and increasing demand, there are now some Kobe-style beef-cattle being raised in the U.S. using the same techniques."

It seems Jordan's "posh" dining experience isn't quite as upscale as he's led us to believe...

Or perhaps MJ, ever-protective of his legacy, fears that Kobe's steak is better than anything on his menu...

[Edited on 04/10/03 by deanchristopher]

Ben

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i see where every body comes from and we all remember jordan as being great and all.

Also does the alleged rape hurt kobe's imagine of being great?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yeah , image is part of the perception. Tim Duncan is a current player who should be part of this discussion, but because of his low-key image, no one has mentioned him yet. So the bad image created from the rape accusation, whether true or not, will always be a knock against him.

[Edited on 6/13/2004 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

TRD

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth

Originally posted by Ocelot
#23 IS THE MAN!!

*bows to his airness*

But can his Airness clear the Stilt

Now your talking Wilt has more records than you can imagine. Back in the 60's he was one of the best. He was one of the most dominant players the NBA has ever seen. He finished his 14-year career with a 30.1 scoring average and a 22.9 rebound average. The four-time league MVP is the only player to score 100 points in a single game and holds the NBA record for most games with 50 or more points, a feat he accomplished an astounding 122 times. On a league-record nine occasions "The Big Dipper" led the league in field goal percentage and seven seasons he was the league's top scorer.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg i havn't even started yet...

Forget Kobe he is a twat he isn't fit to lace half of the players bootlace's that played before him ...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
But, how many rings does the Stilt have? No question that he was a dominate player, but all the stats in the world don't mean shyte if you don't win...

TRD

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just that you win a ring doesn't mean shyte. Same goes for most sports. I know plenty of players who have played in team games that are NOT THAT GOOD a player and have won rings/trophys...

I could payout a few million $$ and get on the bench of a team with a bit of bribery and get myself one of them rings....Does that make a good player...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ah, but my point is that Russell had the skills to make his team better, and have decent stats himself, and won, like no one else has.

In any sport.

Ben

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
but odenst the ring make a players career complete

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
But, how many rings does the Stilt have? No question that he was a dominate player, but all the stats in the world don't mean shyte if you don't win...

See I don't buy that. One of the best hockey forwards ever, never won the Cup, Gilbert Pearault. If Ray Borque hadn't signed on to a loaded Ave's team, he would never have won the Cup. Would you have taken him off your alltime fantasy pool if he hadn't? We're talking about a player, not a team.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join