It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: NBA Playoffs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
NBA playoffs are just around the corner what are the matchups and who is going to win

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Eastern Conference

1. Indiana
8. Boston

2. New Jersey
7. New York

3. Detroit
6. Milwaukee

4. Miami
5. New Orleans

Western Conference

1. Minnesota
8. Denver

2. LA Lakers
7. Houston

3. San Antonio
6. Memphis

4. Sacramento
5. Dallas

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm thinkin gthe best matchup of the first round is gonna be Dallas vs. Sacramento. In one of thier games last year, the score was something like 81-77.

At the half.

Man, that was a fun one to watch.

Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Im going to go with the mavs in that series

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ditto for me too. ESPN's basketball guys also seem to believe Dallas will win...

Last few years Sac could play the Mavs at their own offensive game and win with little defense...however this year they have bad defense, as well as an offense that seems to have lost its flow.

Adelman may want to consider playing Webber off the bench to at least salvage the run for their offense...

I know earlier this season there have been people saying that there is no way the Kings are better without Webber, and I agreed with them. However, for this situation it may be best to have him as a (hell of a good) scoring option from the bench to slow down the game if they need to, such as if they are holding a lead. Plus it would save his legs for the rest of the playoffs.

And Gibbs I remember that game...it had to be one of the most exciting games with very little suspense i've ever seen. All I did while watching it was hoping they would set a record for scoring.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by Cannon]

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yeah, everyone seems to be on the Maverick bandwagon all of a sudden, the Kings have been playing like queens since Webber came back.

That game was fun to watch, and I almost understood what people mean when they complain about the lack of scoring in the NBA, but I just love the stratagy in a good defensive game. It was a nice change of pace, though!

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well I'm a Kings' fan so I can't really pick against my team so I'll go with Kings over Mavericks in 7. If I was betting a lot of money on the series it might be a different story.

Both teams are horrible defensively and horrible on the road. The only saving grace for us is that we have homecourt. If the Kings play smart and to me that means walking the ball upcourt almost every possession, they have a chance to win. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they lost this series the way we've played the last month and a half.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Eastern Conference

1. Indiana
8. Boston

2. New Jersey
7. New York

3. Detroit
6. Milwaukee

4. Miami
5. New Orleans

Western Conference

1. Minnesota
8. Denver

2. LA Lakers
7. Houston

3. San Antonio
6. Memphis

4. Sacramento
5. Dallas

Alright, the games start this afternoon, who's gonna win these series?

I'm going with Indiana, New York, Detriot, New Orleans, Minnesota, LA, San Antonio, and Sacramento

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It's been all home court teams so far. Will the lower seeds keep this up?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Everyone except Detroit did.

A little surprised there but they manhandled the Bucks so much in Game 1, you could see the letdown coming.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Everyone except Detroit did.

yeah, I missed that. Most of these games have been pretty lame...:yawn:

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I was watching the Knicks and the Nets game last night, and that was fun to watch in the 4th quarter. The Garden was alive and well and cheering on the knicks. All i have to say was even though the Knicks lost it was great to see the Fans supporting them

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I didn't get to watch the game, but it sounds like it was a good one. i'm actually pulling forthe Knicks in this one, but that doesn't seem to be helping

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Mike Bibby suffered a hip flexor injury in practice yesterday and is a game time decision today.

Out of all the times for this to happen. Against Dallas of all teams where you need your guards. Now both point guards Bobby Jackson and Mike Bibby could both be out.

Dallas is not the team where you want to run out of guards especially point guards who on the road at Dallas need to make sure the tempo slows down when the crowd and the Mavericks are in a frenzy.

Not that Doug Christie can't handle point because he's done that a lot but he already has a lot on his plate being the Kings' best defender and working hard on the boards something the Kings are really lacking against the Mavericks.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
OMG, can you beleive how bad the Nuggets beat up on the Wolves last night. MAybe they won't make it out of the first round again this year!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
the nuggets win was a fluke just like detroits loss....it can happen to the best of teams. unless the lakers kick their game up a notch its gonna be between the wolves and the spurs to be in the finals with detroit.

Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Nets and Pacers are in the next round.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28 unless the lakers kick their game up a notch its gonna be between the wolves and the spurs to be in the finals with detroit.

I agree, Woles or spurs, but don't count out the pacers just yet, they have been pretty impressive

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
its just teh fact that the last time detroit played indiana with our newly aquired rasheed wallace we beat them by like 20 points

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
its just teh fact that the last time detroit played indiana with our newly aquired rasheed wallace we beat them by like 20 points

Yeah, i think it will be Detriot, they've been awesome since they got 'Sheed, but Indy ain't no pushover...on egame does not make a series.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join