It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL 2005: Weekly Game Breakdowns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I almost thought the Rams were gonna beat Indy there... until the 3rd quarter. That pick made me 9-5 for the week, and 28-14 overall record. in 3 weeks. 66% isn't too bad... but my goal is to finish the season at 75%.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
As of 12:20 A.M. Eastern Time, I have an 18 - 9 record. In other words, a .670 winning percentage.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Finally I have a few minutes to come back and do my picks again.... I haven't really watched any football over the last 2 weeks, so I don't expect too much from my predictions this week.

Kansas City (5-3) @ Buffalo (3-5) 1:00 PM ET

Since the 3rd game of the season, Buffalo has struggled to do anything with the football, and I don't expect things to change. Kansas City should win fairly easily by 2 scores.

San Francisco (2-6) @ Chicago (5-3) 1:00 PM ET

This game should be a no-brainer. Chicago has been playing very well the last few weeks, going 4-1 in the last 5. San Francisco is still showing signs of last years team and will lose this game.

New England (4-4) @ Miami (3-5) 1:00 PM ET

While the Dolphins only have one less win than the Patriots, and they beat the Patriots last year, they aren’t going to repeat this year. The Patriots should win big.

Arizona (2-6) @ Detroit (3-5) 1:00 PM ET

What should prove to be a fairly dull game, this should be an easy win for the Lions. If the Lions want to have a nchance at the NFC North, they must be able to beat this team not only to keep up with the Bears, but so their confidence is not destroyed.

Houston (1-7) @ Indianapolis (8-0) 1:00 PM ET

I think the records of each team clearly shows who the victor will be in this game. The Texans will have to pull off a miracle in order to stop the Colts run at a perfect season.

Minnesota (3-5) @ New york Giants (6-2) 1:00 PM ET

The biggest dissapointment in the NFL will continue to dissapoint. The Vikings will lose yet again to a good Giants team.

I did not have time to do all picks, so I will finish these tomorrow or Saturday hopefully.

Picks

Kansas City over Buffalo

Chicago over San Francisco

Detroit over Arizona

Indianapolis over Houston

New England over Miami

New York Giants over Minnesota

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Unfortunately I was unable to finish my picks for this week on here, but I was 10-3 overall. I have Dallas over the Eagles so hopefully that'll make it 11-3 for this week. I had the Buffalo, I had the Packers, and I had the Giants game picks wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
My condolances Gibbs, the Redskins played a helluva game 1 penalty too many though and at the wrong time. It was an entertaining game to watch.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was severely dissappointed with yesterday's game, I started watching when it was 14-3 Bucs, and felt confident that the 'Skins would come back, which they did. But the D let us down, which seems to be the weak point this year, and that just isn't the identity of a Joe Gibbs led team.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Well... I got lucky with the Dallas game, so that made me 11-3, with an overall record of 39-17 this year. I'm gonna try my best to finish this weeks games, but I only have a few minutes in the morning to get on here, and none any other time of the day.

[Edited on 11/15/2005 by GiantsFan]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I will be completing the analysis part of this tonight.... hopefully.

Tampa Bay (6-3) @ Atlanta (6-3) 1:00 PM ET

Both Tampa Bay and Atlanta have played well this season, but since the start of the season, the Bucs have slowly gotten more and more average. Atlanta had an upsetting loss to Green Bay last week, and won’t follow that up with yet another loss.

Carolina (7-2) @ Chicago (6-3) 1:00 PM ET

Despite how well the Bears have been playing, you must remember that they are in the NFC North, which is enough to make them lose this one. Carolina was the Super Bowl pick for this year, are 7-2, and should roll over the Bears.

Miami (3-6) @ Cleveland (3-6) 1:00 PM ET

Miami and Cleveland are two teams that have both struggled this season. The Dolphins, however, are the better team in my opinion, so I see them winning this one.

Detroit (4-5) @ Dallas (6-3) 1:00 PM ET

Detroit and Dallas have had fairly good seasons this year. Detroit will be playing their heart out fighting for the top of the NFC North, but it won’t be enough to beat the team that is sai to be the most sound in the league.

Jacksonville (6-3) @ Tennessee (2-7) 1:00 PM ET

Tennessee’s disappointing season will continue on with another loss to the Jaguars. The Jags have been a great team the last few years and will make a push for yet another playoff appearance.

Arizona (2-7) @ St. Louis (4-5) 1:00 PM ET

The horrible Cardinals will tack on another loss to their record when they face the Rams. The Rams record doesn’t quite show how good they can be, and this week they will show it with the football.

New Orleans (2-7) @ New England (5-4) 1:00 PM ET

Philadelphia (4-5) @ New York Giants (6-3) 1:00 PM ET

Oakland (3-6) @ Washington (5-4) 1:00 PM ET

Pittsburgh (7-2) @ Baltimore (2-7) 1:00 PM ET

Seattle (7-2) @ San Francisco (2-7) 4:05 PM ET

Indianapolis (9-0) @ Cincinnati (7-2) 4:15 PM ET

New York Jets (2-7) @ Denver (7-2) 8:30 PM ET

Buffalo (4-5) @ San Diego (5-4) 4:15PM ET

Kansas City (5-4) @ Houston (1-8) 8:30 PM ET

Minnesota (4-5) @ Green Bay (2-7) 9:00 PM ET on Monday

Picks

Atlanta over Tampa Bay

Carolina over Chicago

Miami over Cleveland

Dallas over Detroit

Jacksonville over Tennessee

St. Louis over Arizona

New England over New Orleans

New York Giants over Philadelphia

Washington over Oakland

Pittsburgh over Baltimore

Seattle over San Francisco

Indianapolis over Cincinnati

Denver over New York Jets

San Diego over Buffalo

Kansas City over Houston

Green Bay over Minnesota

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
2 games stand out as potential GREAT entertainment. Indy/Cincy. I'd watch out for this one guys. Outside and cold. It's going to be closer than anticipated. Maybe even an upset.

Buf/SD. This one should be close and a fun one to watch.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join