It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL 2005: Weekly Game Breakdowns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is the first week of my brief NFL breakdowns. I don't watch too much besides 5 or 6 select teams, so I'll just base other games off of feelings and how they've done thus far in the season. Feel free to add you're own breakdowns or any comments.

Houston (0-2) @ Cincinnati (3-0) 1:00 PM ET

The Houston Texans are facing the Cincinnati Bengels, who many consider have had the best Quarterback play in the NFL right now. Carson Palmer is playing surprisingly well, and should easily smash the weak Texans.

Indianapolis (3-0) @ Tennessee (1-2) 1:00 PM ET

The Strongly favored Colts should win this one easily. Tennesseehas struggled thus far, and are expected to continue this into this week. While Peyton Manning is nowhere near his stats of last year at this time, his play, as well as the Runnng game and a great defense have allowed the Colts to win all three of their games, and most likely another Sunday.

San Diego (1-2) @ New England (2-1) 1:00 PM ET

Despite their dissapointing start, I see a win here for the Chargers. New England has grown weaker and weaker since they won the Super Bowl, and now they are just another team that'll get 13-14 wins. San Diego has had some issues, which I think will be fixed. I expect Tomlinson to have a big game.

Buffalo (1-2) @ New Orleans (1-2) 1:00 PM ET

New Orleans win over the Panthers proved they could play with the big dogs. They are a highly under rated team, with a top reciever and rusher. Buffalo should keep the game close, but they won't be able to overcome the Saints. I don't expect much from the running game, but I have a feeling Joe Horn will have a big game.

St. Louis (2-1) @ New York Giants (2-1) 1:00 PM ET

Eli Manning has done a much better job this season, than his horrid rookie season last year. This should be a close game, maybe only a 3 point game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a blowout if Barber have a massive rushing game.

Detroit (1-1) @ Tampa Bay (3-0) 1:00 PM ET

Tampa Bay is reminding me of thir Super Bowl team right now. They have the NFL's best defenseright now, and have a HUGE rushing threat behind Cadillac Williams. I expect him to run all over the Lions, in a fairly easy victory.

Seattle (2-1) @ Washington (2-0) 1:00 PM ET

I've never really watched either team, but from the highlights I watched of both games, and from reading on ESPN, I feel the Redskins will have the upperhand. I expect this game to be higher scoring, but close... something like a 24-27. Seattle will do it in the air, but it won't be enough to stop the redskins rushers.

Denver (2-1) @ Jacksonville (2-1) 1:00 PM ET

Denver has greatly outdone mine, and many other Coloradoans expectations. Jake Plummer has done outstanding, as well as the offensive line and defense, I expect this one to also be close, but for the Broncos to roll over Leftwich and the Jaguars.

New York Jets (1-2) @ Baltimore (0-2) 4:05 PM ET

Both teams have been fairly disappointing, especially the Jets. The thing that should win the game for Baltimore is their defense. Right now, it seems that if the Ravens can hold them to attempting FG's, they should win fairly easily, because since the Jets kicker's miss last post-season, he has been inconistent.

Minnesota (1-2) @ Atlanta (2-1) 4:15 PM ET

The highly disappointing Vikings will be facing the team that is most likely the best in the NFC. I don't see the Vikings doing much at all. Their success will depend on Culpepper's play, but he'll have to have his best game of the year if he plans to win. Vick will have a high rushing game, as well as Dunn. This should be a blow-out.

Philadelphia (2-1) @ Kansas City (2-1) 4:15 PM ET

This game all depends on whether or not McNabb plays, and if he does, how long. If he is able to stay in the whole game, I feel they will win this one fairly easily. If he starts, but does not finish the game, I see a very close game. In any circumstance, I see the Eagles coming out victorious.

Dallas (2-1) @ Oakland (0-3) 4:15 PM ET

Dallas has played higher than their expectations. They will be playing an Oakland team that has hung in there with some great teams, and this one is almopst a toss-up. I see a close game in the upper teens,with Dallas coming out on top.

San Francisco (1-2) @ Arizona (0-3) 8:30 PM ET

Both teams aren't the best in the worl, but the 49ers are most definately the better team. I don't see a high scoring game, but one that the 49ers should pull out fairly easily.

Green Bay (0-3) @ Carolina (1-2) 9:00 PM ET on Monday

What may be Brett Favre's last Monday Night game, will most likely end in a loss. Green Bay is 0-3 for the first time in ages, but should still not be worried with the weak NFC North. Green Bay scored 16 against the leagues best defense, only losing because a botched PAT and missed FG. The Panthers are the Super Bowl picks for many, but have disappointed thus far. I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win. I'm seeing a low 20's score, for both teams, but feel the Panthers will come out victorious.

Picks

Cincinnati over Houston

Indianapolis over Tennessee

San Diego over New England

New Orleans over Buffalo

New York Giants over St. Louis Rams

Tampa Bay over Detroit

Washington over Seattle

Denver over Jacksonville

Baltimore over New York Jets

Atlanta over Minnesota

Philadelphia over Kansas City

Dallas over Oakland

San Francisco over Arizona

Carolina over Green Bay

[Edited on 10/2/2005 by GiantsFan]

[Edited on 10/11/2005 by GiantsFan]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wow... 8-0 for my picks in today's first games. The Redskins oescared me there for a second, but I knew they'd pull it off. I'm just ssurprised I actually got the San Diego over New England pick right. I figured it would be closer, not a 41-17 blowout.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Looks like I'll be 11-1 going into tonights ESPN game and Monday Night Football. The Cowboys had it 2nd and 2 on the Raiders 3 yard line, and should have won the game, but Oakland lucked out on that one. I hope I'm wrong on the Monday Night game, because I'd love my Pckers to win against them for a huge confidence boost, but I just don't see it happening.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
Wow... 8-0 for my picks in today's first games. The Redskins oescared me there for a second, but I knew they'd pull it off. I'm just ssurprised I actually got the San Diego over New England pick right. I figured it would be closer, not a 41-17 blowout.

I was at the Redskins game last weekend, what a blast! We were thinking the game was over when Brunell got intercepted at the end of regulation, but I had hope that Brown would miss his kick...which of course he did! Anothe rclose game, this team has the mental toughness that has been lacking fo rso long in DC. They will make the playoffs, and may pull off an upset or two while there...

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Game Winner
Ravens vs. Lions - Ravens
Bears vs. Browns - Bears
Dlophins vs. Bills - Bills
Patriots vs. Falcons - Falcons
Saints vs. Packers - Packers
Seahawks vs. Rams - Seahawks
Buccaneers vs. New York Jets - Bucs
Titans vs. Texans - Titans
Colts vs. 49ers - Colts
Panthers vs. Cardinals - Panthers
Eagles vs. Cowboys - Eagles
Redskins vs Broncos - Broncos
Bengals vs. Jaguars - Bengals
Steelers vs. Chargers - Steelers

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I didn't have time to do what I did for last week, so here's just the pics:

Week 5 Picks

Ravens vs. Lions - Ravens

Bears vs. Browns - Browns

Dolphins vs. Bills - Dolphins

Patriots vs. Falcons - Patriots

Saints vs. Packers - Packers

Seahawks vs. Rams - Rams

Buccaneers vs. New York Jets - Buccaneers

Titans vs. Texans - Titans

Colts vs. 49ers - Colts

Panthers vs. Cardinals - Panthers

Eagles vs. Cowboys - Eagles

Redskins vs Broncos - Broncos

Bengals vs. Jaguars - Bengals

Steelers vs. Chargers - Chargers

Current Record

12-2

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Week 5 Picks with Gibbs's additions...

Ravens vs. Lions - Ravens - I'm with ya

Bears vs. Browns - Browns - Maybe not that way...

Dolphins vs. Bills - Dolphins - It seems to be so

Patriots vs. Falcons - Patriots - Not so fast my friend! Teh Birds down south are for real, and the 3 headed rushing attack will be relentless on that depleted defense.

Saints vs. Packers - Packers - I'm thinking not. Farve's streak is in jeopardy...

Seahawks vs. Rams - Rams - I'm not with you here, either, I think the Seahawks will revenge the meltdown of last season.

Buccaneers vs. New York Jets - Buccaneers - Vinny will be reminded why he retired...

Titans vs. Texans - Titans - toss up. I'll go with the Texans just to be difficult.

Colts vs. 49ers - Colts - Easiest call to make.

Panthers vs. Cardinals - Panthers - 2nd easiest

Eagles vs. Cowboys - Eagles - third easiest...

Redskins vs Broncos - Broncos - Woah, you just may be surprised what they bring to town. Of course, I'm a bit biased on this one...

Bengals vs. Jaguars - Bengals - The Jags will win in an apparent "upset", but when they go deep into the playoffs, everyone will understand.

Steelers vs. Chargers - Chargers - I'm hoping you are right, but I think the Steel ones will pull it out.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
With Vick only being a probable... I have to choose the Patriots... I just have a feeling the Pats will come out on top, like I have a feeling the Chargers will follow up last week with another big win as long as Tomlinson gets enough carries and has a big game, which I'm sure is gonna happen.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't know, even without Vick, the Falcons have a great D, and the running backs are still there. Vick is over rated, but still a great player. They can win without him, though.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Colts over the Niners? Are you guys nuts?

Oops, just got hit by reallity.

What I would do is rest my key regulars and let the defense win the game. Speaking for Indy of course.

BTW, the best game I see this week is Steelers/Chargers. The rest seem mediocre. Skins/Broncs could be good.

[Edited on 10/8/05 by truenorth]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow... just a crazy day in Football. I missed on a lot of picks. I'm 7-5 for the day, because of games like the Philadelphia one. I'm just glad my Packers got the win... putting up 52 against a new orleans team that has done well this season should be a big confidence boost, and I expect our season to be back on track again.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Wow... just a crazy day in Football. I missed on a lot of picks. I'm 7-5 for the day, because of games like the Philadelphia one. I'm just glad my Packers got the win... putting up 52 against a new orleans team that has done well this season should be a big confidence boost, and I expect our season to be back on track again.

I don't know man, the Saints have been playing on emotion, that wears off. They must be tired too as they're basically playing on the road every week. I wouldn't read too much into this win.

As to my picks, Skins/Broncs, 2 point game. Let's see if tomorrow nights game is as good as it looks.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well... I just missed the Chargers game by two points. I really thought they had it there. That means my 12-2 record last week is followed by 7-7 week. Overall record of 19-9, so not too bad. Well... when I have time this week I'll do week 6.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
8 and 6 for me! Not bad for a first timer!

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yea... the one that I made with my friends I was 9-5, so not much of a difference than my picks on here. Hopefully next week isn't as hard to pick.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sunday, Oct. 16 Atlanta at New Orleans
(San Antonio, TX) 1:00 p.m. - Falcons

Carolina at Detroit 1:00 p.m. - Panthers

Cincinnati at Tennessee 1:00 p.m. - Bengals

Cleveland at Baltimore 1:00 p.m. - Browns

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh 1:00 p.m. - Steelers

Miami at Tampa Bay 1:00 p.m. - Bucs

Minnesota at Chicago 1:00 p.m. - Bears

N.Y. Giants at Dallas 1:00 p.m. - Cowboys

Washington at Kansas City 1:00 p.m. - Redskins

New England at Denver 4:15 p.m. - Patriots

N.Y. Jets at Buffalo 4:15 p.m. - Jets

San Diego at Oakland 4:15 p.m. - Chargers

Houston at Seattle 8:30 p.m. - Seahawks

Monday, Oct. 17 St. Louis at Indianapolis 9:00 p.m. - Colts

Those are my picks for Sunday and Monday Night, October 16 and 17th, 2005

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sorry... School, Basketball, and life in general has been hectic lately, and I couldn't find time for a breakdown, so here are my picks:

Atlanta at New Orleans (San Antonio, TX) 1:00 p.m. - Falcons

Carolina at Detroit 1:00 p.m. - Panthers

Cincinnati at Tennessee 1:00 p.m. - Bengals

Cleveland at Baltimore 1:00 p.m. - Browns

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh 1:00 p.m. - Steelers

Miami at Tampa Bay 1:00 p.m. - Bucs

Minnesota at Chicago 1:00 p.m. - Minnesota

N.Y. Giants at Dallas 1:00 p.m. - Giants

Washington at Kansas City 1:00 p.m. - Chiefs

New England at Denver 4:15 p.m. - Patriots

N.Y. Jets at Buffalo 4:15 p.m. - Buffalo

San Diego at Oakland 4:15 p.m. - Chargers

Houston at Seattle 8:30 p.m. - Seahawks

St. Louis at Indianapolis Monday Night 9:00 p.m. - Colts

Current Record: 19-9

There are my picks... hopefully they make up for my 7-7 week last week.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If the Colts win Mon. nite and the Seahawks win tonight, that would bring my record to 18 - 9. Which still isn't that bad.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If Seattle and Indy win I'll finish 11-3 this week. Makes up for my pathetic 6-8 week 5.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Looks like I'm gonna be 8-5 going into the Colts game tomorrow. So most I'll have is a 9-5 record... not what I want, but good enough. When i actuallylook into the games, maybe I'll get into double digit wins again.

<<   2 >>

join