It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Will the Steelers do it ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The Jets have the rookie of the year on the defenisve side and the Steelers have the rookie of the year on the offenisve side.

Vilma has the edge over big ben because he has already played a playoff game, and knows the excpetations. Unlike Big Ben.

Going to be fun to watch.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
The Jets have the rookie of the year on the defenisve side and the Steelers have the rookie of the year on the offenisve side.

Vilma has the edge over big ben because he has already played a playoff game, and knows the excpetations. Unlike Big Ben.

Going to be fun to watch.

ahhhhh.... on the contrary... believe me Ben knows what to expect...

You better believe that after he won his first 3-4-5 games as a starter that the expectations were growing and growing... and he handled the pressure and every one's expectations....

I agree that playoff atmosphere is something different, but I'll bet that he is more than ready.... and will perform accordingly...

again..

Steelers 24
Jets 10

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Steelers - 20

Jets - 17

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here is what you have all been awaiting...Ming's prediction!

Steelers 31, Jets 13

Nolo contendere here, boys. The Jets have been a feisty bunch, but they have met their match and their season will come to a screeching halt against these burghers.

It was recently brought to Ming's attnetion that Ty Law (that much missed corner for the Pats) did not play one second of the entire second half against the vaunted Colt offense in the season opener. Ergo, the result will be:

Patriots 34, Colts, 20

Gibbs, prepare to surrender your bobblehead to Ming for a proper beheading and beg for forgivness.

[Edited on 1/14/05 by MingMercil]

Ben

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I honestly dont thinkt he the Steelers will do it, the jets team is going to show up and take this one

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ben or Willard or whatever your rodent appellatin may be, you must be kidding.

Absent a mammoth Steeler choke (and they are saving that for the Pats, when it really counts) the Jets will be shot down.

As Ming has instructed you all earlier, the Jets just do not have enough gas in the tank to slug it out with these Steelworkers - and not only is Ming not a Steeler devotee, Ming is a Chadsworth Pennington booster.

[Edited on 1/14/05 by MingMercil]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
arghhhhhhhhhhhh.. hahahahaahahahahahh

they did it.... bring on anybody... IT DOESNT" MATTER !!!!!!

To recover from that.... we're unstoppable....:party-smiley-018::party-smiley-018::party-smiley-018::party-smiley-018:

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Not unstoppable, you nearly lost. If it wasn't for two missed field goals you would have been out.

Guess the steelers had the luck on their side today.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yeah we looked very vulnerable except for our run defense.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Austin
Steelers - 20

Jets - 17

Nice prediction...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Elevator and Tracey - Come on! You can't be none too pleased with that performance.

You have to admit that either Indy or the Pats would have eaten them alive the way they played against the Jets.

Ben better come out of the clouds and put up some numbers or it's no Bowl play for Pitts. Would someone please remind Ming of Coward's post season record?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ming.... a win is a win... by one point or 100

No, I don't necessarily like the way that they won, but I'll take it.

Ben, will be fine. He is a mature QB who learns more and more every game.

Ben

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Steelers didnt play like a team that deserved to win that game, but in the end they did, and they didnt win it because of their defense or big ben, they won it cause of their rushing attack.

That attack worn down a already tired jets team, and in the end that proved to be the point in which the game was won. i thought that the jets had the game won on both field goal attempts, i was wrong, and the jets shoulda won, but in the end with was the steelers.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
It was recently brought to Ming's attnetion that Ty Law (that much missed corner for the Pats) did not play one second of the entire second half against the vaunted Colt offense in the season opener. Ergo, the result will be:

Patriots 34, Colts, 20

Gibbs, prepare to surrender your bobblehead to Ming for a proper beheading and beg for forgivness.

your prediction seems to be going wrong, oh arrogant one. And the weather caveatthat I installed makes this moot...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Silence Gibbs! Ming was correct about the outcome. Your measly weather excuse won't fly and all reading these words know that to be true, just as you do Gibbsperson, in your heart of hearts.

This was an old fashioned horse whipping. Your Manning looked like that despised bobblehead - he did not know where to turn - for there was no where to turn for help, no where to run and nowhere to hide.

Ming is again proven almighty! Omniscient! Omnipotent! Omnivorous! (wait a minute, maybe not that), never mind

Ming is again proven to be all knowing and all correct!

All hail Ming!

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
Silence Gibbs! Ming was correct about the outcome. Your measly weather excuse won't fly and all reading these words know that to be true, just as you do Gibbsperson, in your heart of hearts.

This was an old fashioned horse whipping. Your Manning looked like that despised bobblehead - he did not know where to turn - for there was no where to turn for help, no where to run and nowhere to hide.

Ming is again proven almighty! Omniscient! Omnipotent! Omnivorous! (wait a minute, maybe not that), never mind

Ming is again proven to be all knowing and all correct!

All Ming!

Ah, Mingster, for being "all-knowing" you make so many mistakes...Manning ain't my boy, Patrick Ramsey or Lavar Arrington are. If you paid attention to what i was saying about the game all along, I also had the correct outcome for the game picked.

You ask, and you shall recieve, Ming. Here's your hail -

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hey! Wait a sec. Gibbsy, are you mocking Ming the Merciless?

If not, thanks for the hail, man.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
well i'm no Steelers fan (but my hero is), but the Steelers are dang lucky to have won that game. I really hope that they take this win and make it to the superbowl, with Ben's season he deserves it. Then they will be crushed by Atlanta, i'm predicting a Pittsburgh-Atlanta Superbowl and the magnificent Ben Rothlisburger will throw 5 int's and fumble twice and lose 58-3. the almighty Aegisfang has spoken and Ming you can follow my lead.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
i'm predicting a Pittsburgh-Atlanta Superbowl and the magnificent Ben Rothlisburger will throw 5 int's and fumble twice and lose 58-3. the almighty Aegisfang has spoken and Ming you can follow my lead.

you're kidding right.... no team, NO TEAM, is going to score 58 against this Steeler D !!!

Now, for your superbowl prediction, wrong again...

It will be Pitt -vs- Philly....

final outcome...

Steelers 17
Eagles 10

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Heh, hail on, man...

Never say never, elevatedone. It can be done, and the Falcons are one of a few teams that could do that. But I seriously doubt it will happen.

Again, Patsies and Beagles fly home after this weekend.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join