It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Go Flyers !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I cant wait for the playoffs to start! Game 1 vs. Toronto at the FU Center in South Philly, doesn't get any better than that! The Flyboys are flying high right now!

I think the Flyers have an excellent shot at winning the cup this season, they have so much depth, great defense and goaltending and a good coach who has already sipped out of Lord Stanley's cup.

Their offense has so much depth and goal scoring talent, I hope they can beat Belfour early and often. They just got back Gagne and Justin Williams from injuries.

Line 1.....Simon Gagne-Jeremy Roenick-Tony Amonte
Line 2......John LeClair-Keith Primeau-Sami Kapanen
Line 3......Mark Recchi-Micheal Handzus-Justin Williams
Line 4......Donald Brashear-Claude Lapointe-Radovan Somik

Their defense is solid with five veterans:

Eric Desjardins-Chris Therien
Kim Johnsson-Eric Weinrich
Marcus Ragnarsson-Dmitri Yuskevich

Roman Cechmanek had a great season and should be ready to go for the playoffs. Cechmanek and backup Robert Esche split the Jennings Trophy with the Devils for the fewest goals allowed this season (166).

This series with the Maple Leafs will be very physical, they have alot of talent with Sundin, Mogilny, O Nolan, G Roberts, Renberg, etc. They have a great goalie in Belfour and he has plenty of playoff experience. I would LOVE to see Brashear fight Tie Domi, but that might not happen in the playoffs, but then again, maybe it will, I hope so!!!!

*My pick: Flyers over Leafs in 5.

GO FLYERS !!!

Ben

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That going to be one of the most physical playoffs series of the season. But i woulnd't count the Leafs out of it, they are playing very well with the additon of Nolan, they have been scoring more and more goals, but i dont think that they will be able to stop all 4 lines of the flyers, they are a very solid team with good depth on both the offense and defensive front. If the flyers score goals and Roman is on his game i would pick the flyers on 4, but if the leafs are willing to be physical back and Belfour shows up flyers in 6 or 7.

Ben

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What a game agaisnt the flyers and the leafs very close game, physical but two many pentalies. With all these penalties it might not be that physical but overall good game Mogilny played soild, goaltending was a little upsetting. But i will be looking forward to the next couple of game, should be a close hard series.
What happened to old time hockey, coach

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Ouch, very disappointing loss. The Flyers doubled the Leafs in shots and still lost, you have to give Belfour alot of credit. The Flyers need to rebound Friday night and even the series heading to Toronto. As expected, it was a very physical game and ironicaly Brahear and Domi both scored.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What a game tonight, Flyers win 4-1 !!!!!!!

Another very physical game, Cechmanek stepped up and made some big saves and the offense looked real good. I had hoped they would rebound after that disappointing Game 1 loss and they really showed up, alot of good hits, smart defense, they played an all around good game and now head to Toronto tied at 1-1.

I got my wish, Brashear fought Domi, and what a fight it was!!!!! I would have to call it a draw, they both got some good punches in, and it really set the tone for Game 3.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Brashear is a total badass

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That was a great game, and a great fight i have a feeling that this is not the last time these two players fight. If you look at it closely Domi got Brashers necklace during the fight
Great game should be very interesting to see how the rest of the series will shape out.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Huge game 3 tonight in Toronto. The Leafs are supposed to get a few of their injured players back tonight, Glen Wesley, Darcy Tucker, and I think someone else. If the Flyers play them tough like in game 2, they should beat them, but it might come down to goaltending and both teams have strong goalies. Go Flyers!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Another great hockey game tonight, going 2 overtimes before Toronto won it. Both goalies were awesome again and Kaberle scored his second of the game in the 2nd OT. They really need the next one Wed. night, or else they come back home down 3 games to 1, that wont be good.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Game 4 tonight in Toronto, what a huge game! I feel this is a must win game for the Flyers, you cant go down 3 games to 1 against a good team like the Leafs and expect to win three in a row. I hope they come to play tonight. GO FLYERS !!!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
i hope the flyers win now that my wings have been embarassed

Ben

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The fylers won a huge game in Toronto to even out the series. In my mind the winner of this series will go to the cup. It most likely will be Phili.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What a game last night! Mark Recchi scored near the end of the third overtime, what a nerve wracking game. It was one of the best hockey games I've ever seen with all the good hits and nice saves, it's nice to tie the series up and come home for game 5 Saturday.The Flyers scored on their 75th shot of the night, that's alot of shots!

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i wanted to watch that game so badly but of course it wasn't on ESPN or ESPN2....i just knew it would be an exciting game - from what i saw, it looked like an exciting game

Ben

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Game 5 coming up is a very big game, Tornoto might be have their star player out, as Mologiny is still listed day to day. Game 5 coming up is going to be very fun to watch. I would look for this game to go into another overtime thriller as both goaltenders are playing very very solid. Should be very fun to watch.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Game 5 should be another exciting game. They still aren't saying if Mogilny will play, but I'm sure he will. I saw an interview with Jeremy Roenick, he said he hardly remembers the first period of game 4 after a nasty check from Darcy Tucker, but he still had a great game, even scoring the Flyers second goal. He has concussion symptoms but refuses to see the doc because he wants to play so bad, true hockey player. I hope the momentum has swung the Flyers way after a hard fought, emotional, triple overtime winner. The goal scorer in the 3rd OT, Mark Recchi, flew home to Philly after the 5 1/2 hour game and was with his wife three hours later when she delivered their third child. GO FLYERS !!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Another great game in Philly today with the Flyers coming out on top 4-1 ! Roman Cechmanek had another huge game in net for the Flyers, he stopped quite a few odd man rushes and really stood on his head. Mogilny played, but they really shut him down, he's not a real physical player and this series has been as physical as you'll ever see. Game 6 back in Toronto on Monday night, I hope the Flyers can put the Leafs away for good, and get a few days rest, they'll need it. I havent heard about Eric Desjardin's condition yet, the Flyers defenseman left in the 3rd period after getting hit in the foot by a slapshot, he's solid and the Flyers really need him in the lineup. GO FLYERS !!!

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The flyers played a very solid game. They were able to score a lot, and they played very solid defense. On a couple of occassions they got a little help from the post. Iam enjoying this physical series, it brings back the memories of old time hockey. The game 6 should be a very good series and iam looking forward to it. If they flyers are going to win in Tornoto they are going to need another huge game from Roman, and i think that he is able to do that.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Bad news for the Flyers on Sunday, Eric Desjardins broke his foot when he got hit by a slapshot yesterday and is out 2-4 weeks. That means rookie Vandermeer steps in, very big blow to the Flyers defense, Desjardins has alot of playoff experience and has even won a cup.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join