It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copycat of D.C Snipers.... ???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Woman dies in freeway shootings spree!

COLUMBUS, Ohio (CNN) -- A woman riding in a car was shot to death on a freeway near Columbus on Tuesday, and officials are looking into whether the case is connected to a string of roadway shootings in the same area.

read the entire article at www.cnn.com...

I actually drive this same road once a month... I think that I'm going to find a different route.

Do you think that this is a copy cat of the D.C. Snipers ?
I wondered how long it would be before someone tried it.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Could be! Didn't something similar happen in Miami like 10 years ago? Someone offing tourists on the highway?

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Something like that happened in West Virginia this year where all the victims were being shot at gas stations. 3 people were shot. It turned out to be drug related though. Hopefully this is'nt a copy cat.

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Woman dies in freeway shootings spree!

COLUMBUS, Ohio (CNN) -- A woman riding in a car was shot to death on a freeway near Columbus on Tuesday, and officials are looking into whether the case is connected to a string of roadway shootings in the same area.

read the entire article at www.cnn.com...

I actually drive this same road once a month... I think that I'm going to find a different route.

Do you think that this is a copy cat of the D.C. Snipers ?
I wondered how long it would be before someone tried it.

The D.C. Snipers were patsies - in my opinion. There were other sniper shootings awhile back that simply vanished into the memory hole. Big surprise.

Be careful and do take another route!

I believe the real shooters were a covert sniper team. And they are still very much out there. Laughing at the idiots who just gave Muhammad his death sentence. Shake of the head.. Americans are so very gullible.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
eastcoastkid...

what do you base that belief on.... that the "real" snipers are still out there... anything in particular ?

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
eastcoastkid...

what do you base that belief on.... that the "real" snipers are still out there... anything in particular ?

Based on exhaustive research, real-life experience and watching it unfold.. Have you ever read Operation Northwoods? If not, you should. It pretty much lays it out. Oh yeah, then there's the active dismantling of Posse Commitatus. (which makes using US military equipment/personnel inside CONUS illegal.)

Operation Northwoods:

In his new expos� of the National Security Agency entitled Body of Secrets, author James Bamford highlights a set of proposals on Cuba by the Joint Chiefs of Staff codenamed OPERATION NORTHWOODS. This document, titled �Justification for U.S. Military Intervention in Cuba� was provided by the JCS to Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara on March 13, 1962, as the key component of Northwoods. Written in response to a request from the Chief of the Cuba Project, Col. Edward Lansdale, the Top Secret memorandum describes U.S. plans to covertly engineer various pretexts that would justify a U.S. invasion of Cuba. These proposals - part of a secret anti-Castro program known as Operation Mongoose - included staging the assassinations of Cubans living in the United States, developing a fake �Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington,� including �sink[ing] a boatload of Cuban refugees (real or simulated),� faking a Cuban airforce attack on a civilian jetliner, and concocting a �Remember the Maine� incident by blowing up a U.S. ship in Cuban waters and then blaming the incident on Cuban sabotage. Bamford himself writes that Operation Northwoods �may be the most corrupt plan ever created by the U.S. government.�

Full report:
www.gwu.edu...

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I am originally from W.Va, and now go to school in Columbus. I don't think the freeway killing is a D.C. copycat (I'm not aware of the other supposed killings...I've only been here a few months) but the killings in W.Va seemed like copycats to me. They have stopped, and the police are still trying to find the killer. The Columbus shooting happened on the day everyone from my school was leaving for Thanksgiving break, so a lot of people were freaked out.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ByzantineIcon
I am originally from W.Va, and now go to school in Columbus. I don't think the freeway killing is a D.C. copycat (I'm not aware of the other supposed killings...I've only been here a few months) but the killings in W.Va seemed like copycats to me. They have stopped, and the police are still trying to find the killer. The Columbus shooting happened on the day everyone from my school was leaving for Thanksgiving break, so a lot of people were freaked out.

I understand that copy cat killings/crimes happen. But you're talking about a carefully calibrated sniper attack. The art is in the concealment and get-away. Not just anyone can pull that off. A large part of sniper training has to do with that. And it takes a 2-3-man team to make it happen. Not to mention a fourth and fifth with a safe-house and communications nearby. One man shoots, one man spots, one man drives, the other two self explanatory. White vans are also used because of their generic quality. They fade easy.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- More people have reported shots possibly being fired at vehicles along the same stretch of highway where a woman was killed when a bullet penetrated a car door, including one shooting confirmed by authorities Thursday.

www.cnn.com...

Parinoia? Hunting accident? Actuall sniper?
Maybe when they release what kind of bullets were used we will know if it was one of the above.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- More people have reported shots possibly being fired at vehicles along the same stretch of highway where a woman was killed when a bullet penetrated a car door, including one shooting confirmed by authorities Thursday.

www.cnn.com...

Parinoia? Hunting accident? Actuall sniper?
Maybe when they release what kind of bullets were used we will know if it was one of the above.

If it is a sparsley traveled, highly wooded area known to be populated by hunters, it could be just that. But yeah, it sure would be interesting if they turned out to be the same calibur used in the other shootings. Unlikely, though.

Anybody remember the news report that came out (during the sniper episode last year) about a white van being turned in to its rental company and they found a shell casing that matched the bullet used by the sniper(s)? That story went right down the memory hole.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

What ever came of that?

I take it by your interest in the subject that you live close by.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   

What ever came of that?

I take it by your interest in the subject that you live close by.

I am very interested. Not close by, though.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I believe your theroy holds water, but what I don't understand is, Didn't Malvo admit to it? Didn't he say that he tried to kill all of them (all head shots)......
You know more on the subject than I do which is why I am asking.

I know a girl that works for Fairfax Co Police and she works in the jail where Malvo was kept. She said he tried to escape when he was first caught and they found him up in the ceiling tiles. He had special meals made for him. Dont know why. He had his own Cell Block because they feared someone would kill him.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I believe your theroy holds water, but what I don't understand is, Didn't Malvo admit to it? Didn't he say that he tried to kill all of them (all head shots)......

I know a girl that works for Fairfax Co Police and she works in the jail where Malvo was kept. She said he tried to escape when he was first caught and they found him up in the ceiling tiles. He had special meals made for him. Dont know why. He had his own Cell Block because they feared someone would kill him.

I believe he was mind-controlled. His behavior is bizarre, though, to say the least. Did you notice from day one Muhammad didn't say one word? I truly believe - based on everything I've looked at - that he was or thought he was working for (probably) the CIA. I don't think they did the shootings, though. I think they were led to be in the places they were seen at so as to be able to place them at the scenes of each crime. That's classic. The boy may have been talking out of his azz or going just plain crazy. Who knows.
Too much evidence points to the fact that Muhammad was connected. That point cannot be stressed enough.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I believe he was mind-controlled. His behavior is bizarre, though, to say the least. Did you notice from day one Muhammad didn't say one word? I truly believe - based on everything I've looked at - that he was or thought he was working for (probably) the CIA. I don't think they did the shootings, though. I think they were led to be in the places they were seen at so as to be able to place them at the scenes of each crime. That's classic. The boy may have been talking out of his azz or going just plain crazy. Who knows.
Too much evidence points to the fact that Muhammad was connected. That point cannot be stressed enough.

So Muhammad was part of a team? The boy?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Basically, if you look at every single time Muhammad slipped through the fingers of U.S. law enforcement, one notes a pattern.. He was picked up numerous times for numerous violations - even during a trip to the caribbean. INS officials also had Malvo in their grasp (in Washington state) and they released him. Forget about the fact that he was an underage illegal immigrant. This leads to more than speculation that Muhammad was working for someone who could pull a lot of strings behind the scenes. All it took each time for him to be released was that magic phone call. I don't pretend to know what exactly it was he thought he was doing, other than claiming to his cousin that he was on a mission to find missing explosives - for the CIA. ? Malvo was totally under his spell. He was a perfect candidate to be mind-controlled and set up.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There seemed to be a pattern in the shootings. Micheals, gas stations, Shoppers Food Wherehouses, Montgomery Alabama, Montgomery County, Md, Washington State, Washington, D.C.......Any Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

There seemed to be a pattern in the shootings. Micheals, gas stations, Shoppers Food Wherehouses, Montgomery Alabama, Montgomery County, Md, Washington State, Washington, D.C.......Any Thoughts?

Remember what the president said after 9-11, "keep doing whatever it is you normally do.. Don't let the terrorists stop you.."
That is exactly the pattern of the shootings. They targeted people doing the every day things we were urged to keep doing. Going to and from restaurants, pumping gas, grocery shopping. If that wasn't terrorism, nothing is. I also found it quite interesting that the news media and government were very quick to say it was NOT terrorism. Right.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
P.S. It was also very strange, but effective, that the victims were a completely mixed, random bunch. That in itself terrorized everybody. Everybody was a target.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   

P.S. It was also very strange, but effective, that the victims were a completely mixed, random bunch. That in itself terrorized everybody. Everybody was a target.

Yeah, once they took out the cab driver I didn't think middle east terrorist any more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join