It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copycat of D.C Snipers.... ???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
No, thats not my View, just my freinds.
And I dont think it had to do with any Muslim beliefs.
My freinds Ismilie (spelling) and thier quite peacefull.
But being the muslim world was and still is to some effect in the hot seat, it was a good way for the american goverment to use for false propaganda against them.
I also remember hearing on the news that they were first scared that the snipers might have been "ALL QUEDA", but dont qoute me on that.

Deep

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I just saw on local ABC news that now they're linking a shooting at a school 2 miles from the highway where these shootings are taking place.

The school shooting was a week ago, and 1am but the bullitt was linked to the other shootings.

They said the 270 shootings were NOT related to the elementary school shooting, even though it is in the same area (or so I hear.) Does anyone know FOR SURE what part of 270 the shootings happened on? I heard it was towards Grove City.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ByzantineIcon

They said the 270 shootings were NOT related to the elementary school shooting, even though it is in the same area (or so I hear.) Does anyone know FOR SURE what part of 270 the shootings happened on? I heard it was towards Grove City.

Yeah, the elementary school shooting has been linked to the rest of the Columbus shootings.
Link

Here is a map of the area of 270.

-B.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
been quite the past couple days. wonder if 'they' decided to quit since the heat is coming down on them, or if this weekend will prove different (hope not!). i heard rumor today at work that they think it may be a group of youths from a school in that area.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
been quite the past couple days. wonder if 'they' decided to quit since the heat is coming down on them, or if this weekend will prove different (hope not!). i heard rumor today at work that they think it may be a group of youths from a school in that area.

Link
A horse trailer got shot back on 8/31, and the owners reported seeing a group of "juveniles" standing on a bridge near the stretch of 270. That shooting wasn't linked to the others, though...different kind of gun.
Maybe that's where the rumor came from?

BTW, Strigoi, your avatar isn't showing up. You might want to upload it here to the ATS servers...

-B.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
270 will be closed tonight!
up to 14 shootings. guess they don't plan on stopping.

[http]http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/12/05/ohio.shooting/index.html[/http]

thanks for telling me about the av, because i can see it fine here.how do i upload it to the ATS servers?

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by Strigoi]

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by Strigoi]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Heres more info on highway 14 closing down for the investigation:

COLUMBUS, Ohio Dec. 6 � A task force investigating 14 highway shootings will have unfettered access to most of the crime scenes when a 23-mile southern half of the Interstate 270 beltway closes Saturday evening.

The closure comes a day after authorities linked two more shootings to the series. One of those shots, which hit a house, came from the same gun used in four other shootings, including the only fatality.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   

270 will be closed tonight!
up to 14 shootings. guess they don't plan on stopping.

[http]http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/12/05/ohio.shooting/index.html[/http]

thanks for telling me about the av, because i can see it fine here.how do i upload it to the ATS servers?

Here's what gets me about the shootings....
We've become desensitized to them.
Think of the panic while the DC shootings were going on ... not just in DC, but in the media and all over the country. People were *scared*.
Now think of the 3 sniper-esque shootings in W.Va. People talked about them, the media made some noise, but it stopped happening and people just forgot about it.
Now this? 14 shootings and even the people of Columbus aren't freaking out.
Why don't we care anymore?

As for uploading your avatar:
1. Look up at the top of the screen for the "store/upload/u2u" button and click that.
2. On the left of the screen is your upload panel.
3. Click "browse" and locate your avatar picture on your computer.
4. Upload it.
5. Once uploaded, you'll see the URL where it's stored on ATS. Use that in your profile.

Feel free to u2u me if you're having trouble.

-B.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I know they're keeping information quiet in this case. However, in the DC case we at least heard that the person was leaving clues. We heard about the tarot card. We haven't heard anything about clues left in this case.

Another interesting thing that occurred to me is snipers traveling. In the DC case, they tied their actions back to an event in Alabama. They linked the weapons to that. I wonder if they've been able to link any of the rounds from the West VA shootings to Ohio?

In the DC case, I believe it was the case of an activated Manchurian candidate. We don't have enough info in this case to make a similar comparison.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i was on 71 and got to drive past the 270 exit and you wouldn't belive how tightly locked down they had it, 4 or 5 snow trucks blocking every entrance and exit

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
2 more shootings last night, is it ever going to end?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   

That's really hard to believe. You know how kids are. They can't keep their mouths shut, usually.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Why were Malvo and his father killing all those people?
I never read into this much.
One of my freinds is keen to believe that they were elevated to look like such savage killers due to the fact that they were Muslims.
Being a Muslim himself, he hates the anti Muslim propaganda out thier.
I find that disgusting how someone could just kill an innocent lady like that.
Whats the world coming too, Well to be fair I guess the worlds allways been a hellish place to live.
Deep

do you have any proof there was any connection to their muslim beliefs? or is this just a 'hunch'. i hate to sound accusing, but you cant throw around those kind of accusations.

No evidence...but I have an opinion. He didn't even change his name to John Mohammed until like a year before the shooting...what would that be...right around 911. I think the government wanted a patsy that was Muslim affiliated to throw fuel on the fire. Who knows if his conversion was genuine or a function of his government marching orders. I still think the thing is insane. And I think we've yet to lay eyes on the DC Sniper.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

2 more shootings last night, is it ever going to end?

Where are you finding the information on two new shootings? I checked the Columbus Dispatch but haven't seen news about these two shootings yet. What's your source?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Police have description of Ohio highway shooter -

Two vehicles fired on near Columbus over the weekend

CNN) -- Investigators trying to solve a string of highway shootings near Columbus, Ohio, now have a description of the shooter who fired on two vehicles a day earlier.

The shootings are the latest incidents authorities believed are linked to a string of 21 others southwest of the city since May, including one that was fatal.

More - www.cnn.com...

I was just there last thursday, was driving through the area and was thinking about how there had been nothing going on recently... who knew ?

At least they have a description of the guy now, maybe we'll get lucky and get him ?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
He also shot through the windshield of another man the other day... Just read it in the paper yesterday.

www.foxnews.com...

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have to drive to Columbus tommorow from the South. I think I'm taking the local routes instead even if it takes longer. I'm on the company dime anyway.

I wouldn't want to be the dumb SOB that pointed a gun in my direction. I don't like Ohio anyway so I'm in a sour mood when I go, while I'm there an until I see it fade into the rear-view. If the guys shoots me, he better damn well hope I can't ever get the chance to return the favor. Its still an eye for eye where I'm from lawyers or no lawyers!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
I have to drive to Columbus tommorow from the South. I think I'm taking the local routes instead even if it takes longer. I'm on the company dime anyway.

I wouldn't want to be the dumb SOB that pointed a gun in my direction. I don't like Ohio anyway so I'm in a sour mood when I go, while I'm there an until I see it fade into the rear-view. If the guys shoots me, he better damn well hope I can't ever get the chance to return the favor. Its still an eye for eye where I'm from lawyers or no lawyers!

I would highly recommend it.... Stay alert, be safe...
God bless.
TL

PS: I'm sure you'll be fine if you take another route.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I travel to / through Columbus all the time from the North.

If I'm going to the office, I now take Rt 315 south, instead of 270, 71 etc.

If I'm going through Columbus, I take 315 or 23 south through town, the traffic sucks, but at least I don't get shot at. Going through town, you just have to worry about the muggers and car jackers..

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I plan to take US 23 all the way in myself. I leave in less than an hour and will be out til the weekend. You all be cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join