It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra_Phoenix For Moderator

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well, I think Ultra_Phoenix should be a mod. In fact I don't know why he isn't. He adds to the board, is a reaonable member, unlike some, who if they had the power would abuse it. And unless he says different, I think he would be a great mod.

This just my opinion, no need to take this up. Just UP is a good member, and has done alot here. Isn't he lead poster? And other things. He has put links to sights he uses for info, which I would to if I knew how, but anyways, and unlike some, doesn't get mad, says he is leaving, then comes back, repeat, repeat, and now back again. No, he has stayed here entire time.

If anyone has an opinion, go ahead, post. And UP, if you see this, well, do whatever.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I agree Phenoix for moderator.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well if we are going to add a moderator, I suggest we remove a current one....yesterday Thomas Crowne came online and posted an "Unmoderator-like" comment concerning me...this consequently lead to further posting back and forth on all the boards between myself and himself, resulting in his near fanatical "bible throwing" as I come to call it.

He virtually assualted every post I had made that day without any basis or grounds to do so, no good evidence, just blatant and clearly opinionated remarks.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Can you please be so kind and check whether your mood is still On the Level?

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Moderators are not selected by the rank-and-file users of ATS.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Kronos how about before posting next time you look at what I have to actually say, I may not have provided direct links, but if you go to all the more recent posts (yesterdays) of "Something to think about" "Islams are violent" "Jesus//blah blabh//" "reincarnation in the bible" "Ancient tech" "Laser" those posts...you'll see that I am not wrong...though maybe you could ask me to be more forgiving, that would have been an understandable request, but as for my mood, it is by far, on the level.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Aparently, many people don't have nearly as much time to read, as you do to post.

Please, think before you post.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You guys still havent got the old 'lots of posts != good poster' thing, have you?

Also, these message boards are much older than this current incarnation of the board, and there are many other users who have been around for much longer than UP.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Ok, first of all, I didn't send any money to James !

Thanks to you James, and Quicksilver to.I'm appreciating your topic James.

But William and Kano did goods points, like you did too

But if someone want to be a mod, it's easy. He just have to ask to become a mod. And I never asked to become one.

May be, one day, I will ask to be a mod.

But I'm glad to know that some ATS users will be happy if I was one.It's an honor for me.Thanks.

[Edited on 12-11-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I would just like to make a couple suggestions.I hope nobody minds.

1/Might it be possible that the board could vote for one member each month to have temporary access to the cosmic forum.This could help a wider group understand the decision making process.

2/Couldn't the Avatar and signature spaces on posts be "framed".So that if you put up a larger avatar for instance anything outside the "frame"couldn't be seen anyway.Posters could put what ever they liked in as long as it fitted.

U-P for El Presidente,I say

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Although UP and I have our political differences, we still have one thing in common... a search for the truth.

Many mods seem to have lost this desire for the knowledge behind the closed doors of government, and I think that they should step aside.

UP would make a good moderator.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Ah... the search for truth.

First, to become a member of the "inner circle" cosmic forum, one must have demonstrated a sincere effort to help this little community. Sheer post volume is never a sincere effort to build Above Top Secret, but an effort to prop up one's self. Once within the cosmic group, new moderators are chosen on an as-needed basis.

For example, while Ycon's post volume has been low (and not always of a popular nature), she has shown us an honest effort by keeping the riffraff at bay in the chat room. For her efforts, we invited her to join us in our inner-sanctum for the sacred rituals.

Lately, (since 9|11, but worse the past few months) this forum has evolved from a solid community dedicated to the discussion of historical and current political conspiracy and related UFO topics. While we've always had our share of nut-cases, a solid 50% of all posts were on-topic and of a readable nature (which, if you know anything about Internet communities which I study, is a very good percentage). Today, I can't honestly say more than 20% of the posts would qualify, can you?

As a result, our fine moderators have had to take up the task of policing the forums in an attempt to regain some level of quality. A miserable thing to happen to former conspiracy researchers. So far, this site is the brain child of one person, Simon, who has seen his hobby effort grow beyond his means to support alone. Above Top Secret is not a for-profit concern, and as such, post volume is less important than post quality.

In the end, if an overwhelming number of new users end up wanting to turn this site into their own private little "me-too" forum about video games and white rappers, there is indeed very little we can do other than sigh, shrug our shoulders, and move on. In the end, you need to ask yourselves why you came here, and what you want from Above Top Secret.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm very #ing curiouse why you havent said anything to James the Lesser about his signature but you started jumping at me almost immidiately.

And dont bull# us with "i sent everyone a U2U" because i'm sure everyone will agree that his signature is much more distorbing than my avatar, nevertheless youve spammed MY not his U2U mailbox with threats and warnings. I think it says something.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thanks William, those were golden words and should be a guide. On another note I thought the Lady in the Lake recieved Excalibur from Arthur. Was the sword in the stone where Arthur found it?

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Tyler,

As you recall, as a courtesty, I sent you a heads-up U2U on the new guidelines one day before posting them (and sending a broadcast U2U to every member). As you had one of the largest signatures on the site, and in all honesty, were one of the sources of complaints, it is certainly logical you feel singled-out. However, I had hoped to circumvent your ire by giving you (and U-P) a preliminary warning about the new rules. Apparently, the intent of such curtsey was lost on you.

[Edited on 12-11-2002 by William]

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by William
As you had one of the largest signatures on the site, and in all honesty, were one of the sources of complaints

Complains huh? That must be more more than 1 right?

Why dont you show me these complains then?

And i still don't see how my avatar causes any discomfort to other members. For all i know its simply your fluky will, something that simply got into your head, to piss me off and to prove that i do whatever you say.

You get ATS members to posts who is against my avatar and if there are few then i will change it. And normal members not your cosmic buddys.

For 6 month i never heard a single sign of dislikness until you came along.

[Edited on 12-11-2002 by Tyler]

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yes Tyler, it's all about you. All of us in Cosmic have defined this scheme to control avatars and signatures expressly to piss you off.

Our next edict will involve the banning of monochrome avatars.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by William

Our next edict will involve the banning of monochrome avatars.

I wouldnt be surprised

[Edited on 12-11-2002 by Tyler]

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm glad to see that I have some fans on ATS. But all of them are users, not moderators.

Ok, I would like to open a pandora box.

Will I have just one mod who would support me if I was asking to be a mod ?

Anyway, many thanks to all my fans. Specialy to JB 1. I like his" UP 4 President "

VIVA EL PRESIDENTE ULTRA_PHOENIX !

P.S : Tyler, William told you the truth. I received a u2u from him about my avatar, and I did what he was asking me. It's not a moderators conspiracy against you.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by William As you recall, as a courtesty, I sent you a heads-up U2U on the new guidelines one day before posting them (and sending a broadcast U2U to every member).

Funny...My U2U has been empty for *weeks*...Doesn't anybody love me anymore? (Sniff!)

Main point: You said that *everybody* got the heads up...With a category as broadly-defined as *everybody* would've included moi.

[Edited on 12-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join