It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your dream holiday?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Where you you like to spend a long holiday?

Me, i would like Hawaii i have been then b4 when i was younger but dont remember much about it.

Another option would be Iceland.

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by drunk]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Where you you like to spend a long holiday?

EGYPT!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well Eygpt is 1 place i'd love to go but its too hot there!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Noone other than myself and Sapphire have a dream holiday

sheesh you guys are boring.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A tour/drinking binge through France and Belgium would be very nice . I was never happier than when I was getting drunk in France with good friends.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There are several places I would love to visit.

1) England, Ireland and Scotland - (would love to see some of those great castles they have over there in person. I would also like to see stonehenge.)

2) Egypt - Pretty obvious. The Pyramids

3) Vatican City - Even though I'm not a religious person I've always wanted to see the city.

4) Singapore - My dad's been there many times on business and he says the country is beautiful so I wanna see for myself.

5) Japan - Always wanted to go to Japan.

6) Germany - To visit all those historical places of WW2.

7) Grece - Nuff said.

8) Venice - Always seen the place on TV and it looks like a beautiful place to visit.

9) China - Dont know why but I would like to go there sometime.

10) Mexico and Central America - To see all those incredible Indian Cities the Mayas and Aztec indians once lived.

I think thats about it.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Damn Ocelot! You're all about those historically important places. Me? Personally I wouldnt mind:

1.Cruising through the Chilean Fijords

2.Going on a cannabinge tour of America and hit up all the best spots.

3. A long road trip north to the Yukon through Alberta and the NWT alongside the Rockies, or through the Rockies up through central BC.

4. Visiting largely unpopulated Micronesian Islands like New Britain, New Ireland, Solomons, Vanuatu with locally brewed bitta beer.

5. Kerguelan Island or any other French Southern Territory islands. They're deep in the Southern Ocean and probably have a lot of character to them.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
In Order....

1. Castle Tour in Europe...hit 'em all....
2. Rome...at least a week....
3. Egypt...again, at least a week....
4. Greece...sail around, see the ruins...
5. Paris again...this time for a few days....spending at least one whole day in the Louvre...
6. Amsterdam again....now that I'm older...
7. London again...just as with all of the above, I'd love to share this with my fiance' and show her around...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
1) England, Ireland and Scotland - (would love to see some of those great castles they have over there in person. I would also like to see stonehenge.)

2) Egypt - Pretty obvious. The Pyramids

3) Vatican City - Even though I'm not a religious person I've always wanted to see the city.

4) Singapore - My dad's been there many times on business and he says the country is beautiful so I wanna see for myself.

5) Japan - Always wanted to go to Japan.

6) Germany - To visit all those historical places of WW2.

7) Grece - Nuff said.

8) Venice - Always seen the place on TV and it looks like a beautiful place to visit.

9) China - Dont know why but I would like to go there sometime.

10) Mexico and Central America - To see all those incredible Indian Cities the Mayas and Aztec indians once lived.

I think thats about it.

I share many of your dream holidays, Ocelot. In fact, other than Singapore, Germany, and the Vatican, and adding Notre Dame, your list is identical to mine. I had the pleasure of visiting the Mayan worship site of Tulum.
(Be sure to scroll to the post I make listing the URLs the second time, the first list is giving me problems, and I'm too lazy to edit it...lol)

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by LOBO]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
A tour/drinking binge through France and Belgium would be very nice . I was never happier than when I was getting drunk in France with good friends.

Nice idea, sadly i cannot do that this xmas cos myg/f is gonna be with me,she doesnt drink

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Bermuda
St. Maarten
Paris, France
Milan + Rome, Italy
Switzerland
London, England
Iceland

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yeah Questor i 've heard bout Iceland also read bout it sounds a really cool place(excuse the pun)

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Nice idea, sadly i cannot do that this xmas cos myg/f is gonna be with me,she doesnt drink

As Kyle's mom would say....

What, What, WHAT???

Hehe...dude, that's cruel... See, there is a God, and he continues to delight in mocking us every chance he gets...

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Afghanastan - and the other 'stans.
Iraq, Iran
Israel / Jordan - to see petra
Eastern turkey
South America
Cross australia by bike,
Cross America by bike....
Sail single handed around the world (yeah, not likely, but it would be awsome challange, just you the sea and trying to keep your boat together...)

Holidays for me are a time to do things, I can't stand sitting in one place for 2 weeks.

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by Netchicken]

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I guess your idea of "doing things" is getting shot at???

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You got it, if I didn't have family and work commitments, and had enough money, I would love to take my camera and laptop, visit those places, and write up a "travel blog" on it.

Mind you they also have great things to see historically, culturally, and landscapes as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Guess it would be nice to see some of the art and architecture before it's either run over by a tank, or shot by an RPG....

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Yeah Questor i 've heard bout Iceland also read bout it sounds a really cool place(excuse the pun)

Iceland is a magical place, there is magic in the air there.
It's quite beautiful and unknown for it's warmth-for which it does possess

My 'dream' holiday would be on a boat exploring various places/islands. Not alone of course.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have always wanted to take about a 30 day vacation that would hit the cultures of Eygpt, Israel, Greece and Italy all on 1 trip and cruise the Mediterranean and maybe stop in Crete or a few other islands but I would have to stop at Abydos for at least a day and checkout the mysterious UFO hieroglyphic relief that ive read so much about but I would settle for this trip hehehe:

Grand Tour of Egypt

Tour QF--12 days incl. air, or 1 days Cairo/Cairo

Sail through five thousand years of history! After guided sightseeing in Cairo, visit the Sphinx, the Great Pyramids, and the seaport of Alexandria. Next travel to Memphis to admire the 40-foot statue of Ramses II and the Alabaster Sphinx before a flight to Luxor. There you'll board the elegant Oberoi hotel boat for a three-night cruise on the legendary Nile River. Sightseeing includes the stunning monuments at Karnak, the Valley of Kings and Valley of Queens, Queen Hatshepsut's Temple, and the Temple of Horus in Edfu by way of horse-drawn carriage. Sail to Aswan where you'll see the turn-of-the-century Old Dam, take a boat to the Temple of Isis, and enjoy a felucca ride across the blue waters of the Nile. Close this 12-day vacation with free time in Cairo.

www.globusjourneys.com...

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude
I have always wanted to take about a 30 day vacation that would hit the cultures of Eygpt, Israel, Greece and Italy all on 1 trip and cruise the Mediterranean and maybe stop in Crete or a few other islands but I would have to stop at Abydos for at least a day and checkout the mysterious UFO hieroglyphic relief that ive read so much about but I would settle for this trip hehehe:

Grand Tour of Egypt

Tour QF--12 days incl. air, or 1 days Cairo/Cairo

Sail through five thousand years of history! After guided sightseeing in Cairo, visit the Sphinx, the Great Pyramids, and the seaport of Alexandria. Next travel to Memphis to admire the 40-foot statue of Ramses II and the Alabaster Sphinx before a flight to Luxor. There you'll board the elegant Oberoi hotel boat for a three-night cruise on the legendary Nile River. Sightseeing includes the stunning monuments at Karnak, the Valley of Kings and Valley of Queens, Queen Hatshepsut's Temple, and the Temple of Horus in Edfu by way of horse-drawn carriage. Sail to Aswan where you'll see the turn-of-the-century Old Dam, take a boat to the Temple of Isis, and enjoy a felucca ride across the blue waters of the Nile. Close this 12-day vacation with free time in Cairo.

www.globusjourneys.com...

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by thehippiedude]

That sounds Brilliant! can i come?! lol although 30 days wouldn't be enough time for me, i'd need 6 mths atleast.
BTW My Inbox Won't Work

When i open it up its just blank, anyone else having this problem?

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by Sapphire]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join