posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:28 PM
IF you're buying, here's a list of 5-day trips, in no particular order:
1. Western Kansas for opening day of pheasant season.
2. October's salmon run in western Canada. take 2 coolers of beer, return with 2 coolers of salmon (worth $8 a lb.!)
3. Opening day of deer season in the TX hill country.
4. Any time between Epiphany and Ash Wednesday, take us to Vienna for Rausching, the Ballroom and concert season. Frau Dr. is always trying to get
me to go ballroom dancing. Oh, and stopping by Sacher's for Sachertorte, and just the general cafe scene there.
5. In early Summer, send the two of us to southern france w/ bikes, and let us make the pilgrimage thence to San Juan de Compestella, with about
100,000 other pilgrims.
6. Stonehenge on December 21. (rollwright stones might be better, if there's still no fence around it.)
7. Easter week in the Old city in Jerusalem.
9. Taos, NM, at the start of the festival season in the pueblos. Check out the Kachina processions. (cf. #4)
10. The smithsonian.