It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About weapons and their use..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have this problem..

Really i do..

Its like this:

I LOVE WEAPONS..

Yet..

I HATE KILLING..

I really do..

Weapons are cool, yet all killing is basicly bad..

Does anybody else who loves weapons have the same problem?

Love the techs, hate the purpose..

Thats basicly it..

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Think about it..

Or do i have to post links to horror pics that show little children shot with a rifle that have no head cause the impact..

And its not only the mess the use of weapons in anger does..

Its also that they kill..

They end life..

Imagine that you would be shot or blown/burned..

So many people already have been..

And none of those is/was not any different than you..

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I also have a interest in weaponary...but thankfully not an overly unhealthy one...like you wouldn't catch me at 2am, huddled in the dark, cleaning down my rifle and talking lovingly to it or anything...

To me, predominately, firearms are just a tool for a purpose...predominately that purpose is hunting...still, I do admire and appreciate a nice hunting rifle etc.

As for killing. Hmmm...depends. I'm a hunter...that necessitates killing game...which I have no real issue with as long as I feel 'right' in doing so. For instance, I only take what either I need or what my elders need...I do not indiscriminately shoot anything moving. Only certain times of year will I hunt to kill, such as when the numbers are greatest or during culling periods *which are often the same*. Only certain animals will I hunt...no females around breeding age, no young game etc.

I hunt with respect for my game...as even being in the bush is in many ways 'sacred' to me...taking life while in the bush makes it even more so. There are a number of rituals and karakia (prayers) I need to perform before hunting, during hunting, before and after any shot made and certainly when/if the shot found its mark. It certainly isn't a case of "Oh hell yeah, lets go out and blow something away for a thrill"...taking the life of one of the Forest Children is not something I find 'enjoyable' as such.

As for killing people. Never have. That I know of
Don't think I'd find that enjoyable either...unless the person was an invader of my country or attacker of my family or something...then I'd likely smoke them without remorse.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Btw,

I actually enjoy watching real combat on video..

Yet, when i stop to think those persons shown that are dead/wounded..

That they are not really any different than i..

That makes me think.. makes me sick and sorry for them..

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Fulcrum...

U will probably never have to be or see on the end of what a weapon can do!

The only thing that gets me screaming in my sleep is seeing the face of the first person i killed with my weapon.....trust me...its nothing to boast about!

Do us a favour....get another hobbie...one that isnt to do with killing!

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

unless the person was an invader of my country or attacker of my family or something...then I'd likely smoke them without remorse.

Peace,
ALIEN

That is also true to me..

Its just that now days many of those being killed are actually killed by the bad guys..

Those killed in terrorist attacks..

Those killed in nations 'liberated' by US..

Those killed in Palestine and in Israel..

And btw,

Hunting is cool..

Its like fishing..

And i do like to fish..
(at least i used to.. but i dont hunt as i dont have a hunting license..)

Theres nothing bad in hunting and fishing..

Its done for the food and fun.. at the same time for both..

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
had to post cuz i too love weaponry but more along the lines of classical weapons like staffs, swords, nunchukas etc and anything else i can get my hands on (not guns cuz i would get locked up) , but i strongly detest all violence and killing.
Its a funny thing, on one hand you could aquire the tools to hurt people even kill them,
& on the other hand you would never ever dream of hurting people,
i think its something to do with the having the feeling of security from weaponry, maybe not

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by psycosrus]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well John, to be honest,
I think many of us have a certain attraction to weapons and weapons of war.
I study alot of ancinet history and ancient military history, but as a kid with a parent in the military, I developed a major love for military hardware. I am certainly no military expert but what questions and hypothosis I do have, they can answer or send me to sources to answer.

I love aircraft but have a fascination for heavy military hardware (ie: armor, etc.).
I mainly have come to study these things in their relation to tactics. "Tactics", now that is a subject worthy of much thought.....history is filled with so many "what-ifs".

But, as to your question/thoughts, I have come to realize that war is a fact of life, though, with a modern society and pretty much a modern world, one would hope that war would cease or at least be cut to a minimal. In any event, war will always involve killing, maiming, right, wrong, brutality, human rights abuses, unethical and moral mis-behavior, etc.

"War is hell"......
Patton once sayed:
"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance. God help me, I do love it so!"

Our human nature, for some twisted reason, has always had a morbid fascination with death, war, and destruction.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I know how you feel, Fulcrum. It's vaguely unsettling to know that what's in your hand is a weapon with only one purpose- to kill and maim.

Yes, I do like to fish.

I'm a sword owner myself, and sometimes it occurs to me that while yes, my sword is a beautiful work of art, it is meant to do horrendous damage to a person. In ym mind, as long as you enjoy it within reason, and you don't harm anyone you don't need to, firearms and other weapons are perfectly fine to own and enjoy. They'll always be killing in teh world, and people who use these weapons to commit atrocities. It doesn't mean that the weapons themselves are bad. It's the people behind them that are.

Really, it's not that hard to kill someone. You could do it with a fork. it doesn't mean we should stop using or appreciating forks (yes, I know, this is an awful example), but we should respect them. My two cents, Fulcrum.

DE

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
Fulcrum...

U will probably never have to be or see on the end of what a weapon can do!

I have done and seen plenty frocked up things.. just not with a gun.. IRL..

And thinking about those afterwards.. makes me sick and shamed..

How could i do that..

To a another person..

The only thing that gets me screaming in my sleep is seeing the face of the first person i killed with my weapon.....trust me...its nothing to boast about!

I did kinda put up this topic to say that "its nothing to boast about!"

As many people today thinks that its right/cool to kill people..

Well, i dont!

Do us a favour....get another hobbie...one that isnt to do with killing!

I wont,

This 'hobby' of mine has been so long a big part of me..

I cant shake it off..

And really i dont even want to..

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

Really, it's not that hard to kill someone. You could do it with a fork. it doesn't mean we should stop using or appreciating forks (yes, I know, this is an awful example), but we should respect them. My two cents, Fulcrum.

DE

Dont i know this..

I have been too close couple of times..

(With my bear hands.. foots..)

And some of my less fortunate friends have actually done it..

(With knifes..)

And..

When my father died i got his hand made sword..

But my mother took it from me and told me that she aint giving it to me as "I would do something stupid with it.."

And that was long time ago..

And she still wont let me have it..

Killing is scary..

So hateful act.. yet so damn easy to do..

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Our human nature, for some twisted reason, has always had a morbid fascination with death, war, and destruction.

regards
seekerof

I actually think myself as very well above the 'average'..

Yet, this is so true even to me..

Maybe all humas are insane.. sick..

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Weapons are really cool, there really quite a marvel in the way they work. There are many enthusiasts who simply like to collect guns and dont fire them. I like weapons, but I wouldn't hurt a fly if it could be avoided.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A weapon will not kill or maim anyone unless the "HUMAN" who is in "SUPPOSED" control of the weapon is neglagent or irresponsible with the handling of the item. there are 4 basic weapon handling rules and if those rules are followed then we would never have an "accidental" shooting ever again. I have used a weapon in the course of my careers for the past 12 years. I saw combat in Cambodia in 1997 and seen first hand and up-close what weapons will do to people. To hold a weapon is to hold a power which takes great discipline and responcibility which some poeple just can't bear.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Sorry all you people but I am different. When i watch raw material about a person dieing i dont feel anything me my self i dont enjoy killing people but if i have to i will kill as many as needed. I dont care if you people think i am crazy be me is me and you cant change me. I am currently so in love with weapons I am thinking about joining Special Forces either in US or in Russia. I still cant make up my mind. Especially after the 9/11 attack I just want to go out and kill every RATICAL(spelling) muslium. I just dont or cant feel anyhting about them dieing. Thanks for listen and FU*K you people if you think I am crazy!

I LOVE WEAPONS!

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Think... no. Know, yeah. You're either lying, so deluded by whatever that they've got you on that you can't see the human beings at the end of your gun, or simply sociopathic.

If you're lying, then your self worth must be absolutely miserable in order for you to walk around and try to delude others into thinking you're rough because you can wave a gun around.

If you're deluded, I pity you. You can't see past your own nose, and others will pay for it. I hope your god is a forgiving one.

If you're a sociopath, get help before you hurt someone.

AT any rate, I pity and abhor you. Welcome to being the first waste of skin to actually make my ignore list. I'm a pretty tolerant guy- but your blantant anti-Islamic rhetoric, total disregard for common humanity, and lack of a basic grasp of the English language have pushed me over the edge.

DE

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i was talking about RATICAL islam not just any!

Do you not hate the RATIACL musliums who kill innoccent

people? 9/11?

Well if you dont hate them then I do!

I have muslium friends and i word with some musliums but they are not RATICAL they are just like other people who want to live peacefully and not see 9/11 happen everyday!

If you think I am lie then FU*K YOU!

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by Russian]

top topics

join