It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24/7 Kit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I was wondering what kind of equipment people carry around allways when they leave the comfort of their own homes?

My personal must haves are:
-Leatherman Micra - a pocket tool with 3 screwdrivers, tiny blade, scissors and a bottle opener

-A folding knife with a linerlock and 7.5cm blade

-Underwater Kinetics 2AAA led

-Pen

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The only thing I carry with me everywhere I go is a Swiss Army knife.

I have a kit at home and in the car but only carry that knife in my pocket at all times. Maybe I should work at that.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
small pocket knife & leatherman style tool Now ask what in my cars

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Generally I carry a small multitool in my jacket, that consists of blade, fork, spoon and opener along with a 21 led tactical light.

In my truck I carry another larger multi, folding blade medium size, ratchet belts, bungee cords, paracord, lg wind breaker, large waterproof mag light, and a small toolkit. I also carry a 2 ton jack and some stands, a long armed pry-bar and 2 long fire-proof leather gloves.

These are just the basics. I am planning to add more basic items as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
My Swiss Army knife, my Surefire and my pocket lighter (I don't smoke, but a lot of beautiful ladies at my workplace do
)

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I used to work in a hospital, and I knew a lot of nurses and doctors who packed around this tiny little kit that had a mouth-to-mouth mask, latex gloves, bandaids, and stuff like that. The stuff was crammed in really tight, and it could hang on a keychain or belt loop on pants or in a pocket.

edit begins here: (because I thought of other stuff)

Not quite a 24/7 kit, but in the family car, we have a fold-up shovel, a spare tire, winter gloves/hat, pen, flashlight. Odds are your car is never far from you, whether it be in your home driveway or the parking lot outside the workplace/store you are at. It's a good place to keep stuff.

[edit on 18-12-2006 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Here soon you will all need to keep your NATIONAL ID card on you 24/7.
THat will be all you need, and maybe all you dare, to carry.

Seriously though, there is only one thing I keep with me at all times.
My military bearing.

I dont worry too much about a 24/7 item or items.
Perhaps I should, but I just figure I can always make it home, where all the good stuff is.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I keep my multi tool, my fire steel and magnesium block, my parasilk jacket and a button compass. In the jacket pocket is water tabs for a week (enough to get me on foot to my emergency non - home stash) a small alternate light source (button led light) and thats about it.

but I will say, where ever i go, my BOB goes with me.

apc

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Pen, swiss army-style knife, lighter. I think a knife and something to provide instant fire are tools every person should carry.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
In a Rubbermade tub (easy to carry)
Snowsuite, snowboots (minus 40), blanket, candles, matches, lighter, knife, AR7 (22 gun; stowes in butstock) snowshovel, esbit stove, cans of stew.
Extra Gas or Diesel (20l, dep on the vehicle I'm driving)

Whn you are stuck in a blizzard and are not prepared... you die!!

Cell phone coverage is VERY spotty.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
my cell phone pouch has a mag and flint fire starter, mini mag led 2aa flashlight,and a kershaw leek pocket knife. on my belt i have a gerber multi-tool, a srk knife by cold steel with a diamond sharpning steel. a blast match fire starter and a 5 led 123c cell flashlight, in my left cargo pocket is a zip pouch with medical stuff(cpr mask, gloves. bandaids. common over the counter pills.dental floss . and some rx pain meds. also a small roll of strong string , in my right cargo pocket is a pair of ringers extracation gloves, a petzl zipca headlamp, and one last item i use only lithium battries in my tools as they are lighter and last much longer (they cost less per amp hour tham other types and work in the cold.) and the awnsers is yes i am in fact some kind of nut. i joined my local search and rescue team so i could explane myself. r-18

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Since this summer, I always carry a knife with me, which I bought to practice knife throwing. Recently it proved to be quite useful also for survival in urban environment, when the bathroom door lock stuck and I couldn't open it.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I am in Tampa, Florida, and its very warm. But on a 24/7 basis outside the house I carry a Glock 17 9mm, with three 17 round mags loaded with Hydroschock ammo. I also carry a Gerber Multi Tool, Cell/PDA, Cold Steel Tanto Folding knife. That is my light day.

My wife carries a Glock 24c .40 cal with four 15 round mags with Hydroshock ammo in her SUV.

And for a rainy day i have some toys and supplies stored away, hope I never need them.

I am not crazy, I have been to some bad places and my work has always been under the gun. I just never want to come up short when the stuff hits the fan.

Jason
www.iis-fl.com

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I carry a small knife, a pen and pocket size notebook, a dollars worth of change, and a 9mm.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by Nicotine1982]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
carry a swiss army knife that has many tools, a torch-lighter, condoms (oh yeah are they survival, survival from AIDs and kids!) cellphone,,,hopefully soon I'll add a .45 to that
I won't a car, but don't have it, but when I get it, you bet its gonna be packed! I might even stick reactive armor and a machine gun on it
sorry, I just HAD to say that lol

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
my daily to and fro work back pack is my 24/7 kit. IF it is not with me at work It is in the kitchen close by.
My plans are to put a similar bag in my car and another in my truck.

My daily to and fro work bag contains the following.

1 tube of anti bacterial ointment
3 72 inch shoe lace packets
1 emergency foil fold up blanket
1 camping spoon/knife/fork/can opener combination tool
2 Bic lighters..disposable
1 Magnifying glass in a retractable carrying case
1 Solar powered calculator
1 Rain slicker/poncho
1 diamond sharpening stones one flat type and one round
1 small spiral pocket notebook
1 Grundig PE 100 shortwave radio
1 Sewing kit with assorted needles and thread including wax coated
string stored in a plastic bag
1 compact set of headphones
1 Tube of Locktite super glue
1 Bottle of acetaminophen...or tylenol
1 compact umbrella
1 compact bicycle pump for my moped tires
1 plastic bag with clean dry socks and a tee shirt
2 packages of those Dr Scholls foam shoe inserts
1 half roll of toilet paper in a plastic bag.
1 small package of baby wipes

assorted pens, pencils, and permanent marker pens

Daily to work I carry a bottle of water which I freeze half in the freezer when I get off work and then fill with water before leaving again
I also pack a lunch in a tupperware container
I also try to pack about 4 Snickers bars or those Hersheys special dark chocolate bars.

The idea is to make it back home if possible but not to start out with nothing at all.

I usually carry with me on my hip a Gerber Multi tool, a mini mag light converted to the LED type bulbs, and a set of feeler gauges in an extra mag light pouch.

I also daily carry with me my set of lockpicks purchased through a site on line.,

As I stated I plan to make two more similar bags for my Honda and my Truck.

There is a firearm in each of my vehicles at all times with the exception of my moped of course.

This bag is subject to modification at any time.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 21-3-2007 by orangetom1999]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I do security work, so I have several items that I have with me at all times. Everything is easily carried in my special forces load bearing vest. First and foremost is an extensive first-aid kit. Next are 3 frs radios, police scanner with my frequencies book, knife, leatherman multi-tool, video camera, digital camera, l.e.d tactical flashlight, collapsible baton and 3 small throwing knives( both clearly for personal protection) survival handbook for reference and an item that i wont mention. I also have enough food and water to survive the minimum 3 days. Thats just what I carry in my load bearing vest of course. Im always adding to my list anyways.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blade The Hunter
I do security work, so I have several items that I have with me at all times. Everything is easily carried in my special forces load bearing vest. First and foremost is an extensive first-aid kit. Next are 3 frs radios, police scanner with my frequencies book, knife, leatherman multi-tool, video camera, digital camera, l.e.d tactical flashlight, collapsible baton and 3 small throwing knives( both clearly for personal protection) survival handbook for reference and an item that i wont mention. I also have enough food and water to survive the minimum 3 days. Thats just what I carry in my load bearing vest of course. Im always adding to my list anyways.

LOL LOL LOL...Blade the Hunter,

YOu are not cut of the same cloth or mold as are many of the security guards where I am employed. Most of them carry a survival kit consisting of a radio or DVD player, Lunch/snacks and the sports page. I am serious here. It is textbook among many. How did you escape the virus I am discribing?? Well done olde man!!! Well done!!

THanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Knife, fire starter and depending on the weather either a .45 or a .38.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
my daily to and fro work back pack is my 24/7 kit. IF it is not with me at work It is in the kitchen close by.

I have to ask, why do you think that you need that much stuff everyday?
No disrespect intinded

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join