It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the meaning of snakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
hello all i was looking into some symbolism and i am looking for one in particular does anyone know the meaning of a snake/serpent kissing you on the lips (i know i may sound strange) but i cant find this meaning anywere
it ushaly occures in dream state or astrotravel strate or meditation any help would be aprisheated thanks

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Snakes are an ancient symbol of spirituality and the divine for many indigenous people. Being kissed on the lips, I would imagine is a good thing, but I don't know the rest of your dream so I'm not able to help much.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Freud would offer a different interpritation, but sometimes a snake is just a snake and a cigar is just a smoke.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, .. you have to look at both of those symbols seperately and than together..

the snake first of all is the creature closest to the earth.. therefore they vibrate the slowest.. which is symbolic of hate/evil..

and your lips is where your thought issues from... and also a kiss is special.. because remember Jesus was betrayed by a kiss... and we also issue love with our kisses.. its two fold.. but in your case, it appears to be negative because the snake was kissing you.. (like a judas figure) .. so its somewhat symbolic of the type of kiss you are getting.. (a bad one) .. its a low vibration..

To the other people who responded..
A snake is a good thing to those people because they understand what it represents therefore the snake is regarded as a special creature.. it took its form to teach them... that is why its special.. not because its a good thing.. but its meaning is a good thing. how it helped them learn.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So what does it mean if you have a dream of two tiny snakes wrapped around your fingers and one of them biting a chunk out of the knuckle of your thumb?

Just one dream that has stuck with me for some time.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
So what does it mean if you have a dream of two tiny snakes wrapped around your fingers and one of them biting a chunk out of the knuckle of your thumb?

two of them... well that would be two... 'lower vibrations'..

wrapped around your fingers.. means its involved in everything you do.. because humans use their hands for almost every interaction...
now.. the one of them.. one of them biting a piece out of your thumb.. well a thumb is a special 'finger' that we've been given.. unique to us.. (monkeys) ..
so it could symbolize some 'lower' thing 'taking a chunk' out of your 'humanity' .. or effecting your 'interactions' .. its an interesting dream.. neat meaning .. to me anyhow..

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
thank you so much for the help the dreams were more of a contiunenes but that one night insted of the ushal presence there it was a snake and it knew of the over presents that was ushaly there and told me where it went and what it is doing.
but thank you for the help it cleard it up good

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wow! What a really great interpration! Thanks!

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

Not quite sure about this? That would be two? You don't sound surpriseed, why is that?

wrapped around your fingers.. means its involved in everything you do.. because humans use their hands for almost every interaction...
now.. the one of them.. one of them biting a piece out of your thumb.. well a thumb is a special 'finger' that we've been given.. unique to us.. (monkeys) ..

Never put any signifigance into it being the thumb being bitten until now... What an excellent and thought provoking take on it!

so it could symbolize some 'lower' thing 'taking a chunk' out of your 'humanity' .. or effecting your 'interactions' .. its an interesting dream.. neat meaning .. to me anyhow..

You'd be surprised (or maybe not...!) how close to the mark you are. Once you helped me make the association, well then it made perfect sense to me.

I'll tell you the rest of it just to get your take on it. It starts with the snakes actually coming out of my hand, literally out of my bloodstream, one red and one black and red stripes.

Thanks!!

HMITD

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Wow! What a really great interpration! Thanks!

Not quite sure about this? That would be two? You don't sound surpriseed, why is that?

Never put any signifigance into it being the thumb being bitten until now... What an excellent and thought provoking take on it!

You'd be surprised (or maybe not...!) how close to the mark you are. Once you helped me make the association, well then it made perfect sense to me.

I'll tell you the rest of it just to get your take on it. It starts with the snakes actually coming out of my hand, literally out of my bloodstream, one red and one black and red stripes.

Thanks!!

HMITD

In my interpretation.. I see it like this..

The two snakes... are two 'entities' within you... I won't go into the color differences.. but I will say that.. its a struggle.. between the two of them.

The one that bites your thumb is the one that takes away your 'human'ness..
this is important because its giving you a symbolic representation of that happening.. one of the snakes can grow.. but one will not.. the one that feeds on your 'human'ness will be the one that grows..

I could get very deep into the dream... but I may lose you along the way.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

You have been fascinating and very observant. Sometimes it helps to get someone from the outside to look in and give a clear picture of what is happening.

When I had the dream the snake in question was tightly wound, and I couldn't pull him off, he would take chunks from me, my humanity, in punishment for even trying. It was a while ago, while I might have gotten over the worst of it, the fact that the dream still bothers me and that you have cleared the fog as to why, has been a great help.

Further comments are welcome; it's difficult to lose someone who has been so far down the rabbit-hole at times in my life, nothing could shock me really.

Thanks for your insight! Much appreciated!

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

i know symbolism and that means to watch out for something like an animal might bite you or hurt u

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You have been fascinating and very observant. Sometimes it helps to get someone from the outside to look in and give a clear picture of what is happening.

When I had the dream the snake in question was tightly wound, and I couldn't pull him off, he would take chunks from me, my humanity, in punishment for even trying. It was a while ago, while I might have gotten over the worst of it, the fact that the dream still bothers me and that you have cleared the fog as to why, has been a great help.

Further comments are welcome; it's difficult to lose someone who has been so far down the rabbit-hole at times in my life, nothing could shock me really.

Thanks for your insight! Much appreciated!

Its neat you say that you couldn't shake him off... and the harder you tried the harder it was to do..

IMO... I'd take that as a sign for your life.
Don't try to hide anything to yourself, or deny anything.. or try to "shake" anything off yourself.. deal with it thoroughly instead, attack..
Be more agressive with yourself I think, more critical of your interactions... like .. how perhaps you negate positive things with your actions or words.. deal with your bad aspects instead of giving excuses for them.

Don't ever grab a snake by the tail.. grab it by the head. assert the problem head on.. anything.. I think thats what this dream is telling you, that you work better when you are more aggressive.. (in a positive sense obviously) .. like positive feedback on your own actions..
Its a good thing we have dreams to help us out, ... since our cells don't speak english or french, or spanish... or whatever, they have to speak to us the only way they know how.. symbolism.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A snake in your dream..according to People of India is good luck...

I had a dream with a snake in it...

I dreamed there was a snake floating in space.
That somehow I had to retrieve my body by going to something that was near a location where it was. The snake was not moving and slightly red.
I went to that location, and there was a feeling that I was dying, that I had just seconds to say something that would save my soul from eternity. That eternity, good or bad had not been defined.
I felt as though I was falling, and I said in my dream,
Jesus, I wish I had more faith.

Mankind thinks his dream world is his own mind...

I think otherwise

Peace

[edit on 2-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 2-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Snakes can also symbolise wisdom, perhaps kissing you on the lips means you have been or are about learn a valuable lesson or recieve knowledge. But dream symbolism can be personal to the individual rather than have a universal meaning.

new topics

top topics

join