It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please suggest good Xbox 360 games for me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Title says it all.

My dad was lucky enough to win an Xbox 360 in a contest, so now I need to know what games are good. I'm mostly into fantasy RPGs and strategy type games, but I don't mind a good first person shooter or something now and then, too. I don't really care about sports, and I noticed in the store they have a lot of sports games for xbox, so don't mention those. (If I could get a sports game used I might get it though, but not worth full price to me)

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Games that are out now:
Dead Rising
ww2.capcom.com...

Gears of War
gearsofwar.com...

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
www.elderscrolls.com...

Those are the only games I'd bother with but there is some great games coming within the next year.

Upcoming Games
Grand Theft Auto 4
www.rockstargames.com...

Mass Effect

Bioshock

More Bioshock

Assasins Creed

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, every single person I have ever asked has mentioned 'Gears of War', so I think that will probably be on the top of my list. I'd get Oblivion, but my brother bought that for the PC. I'll take a look at the others, thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If you any sort of hockey fan at all, you need to play NHL 07.

My 360 crashed on me yesterday, very unexpectedly. Oh, I was so pissed. I called Microsoft and my warranty was valid for another 5 days. I shipped it out today to the Repair Center in Ontario and they are going to return me with a working console within a week or two. Lucked out that my console was still under warranty, but irritating to think of it crashing.

Beware the flashing red lights!

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Might I also suggest the Battle For Middle-Earth 2? I think its a well good game, but I suck online... otherwise it rocks.

Oh, and has anyone mentioned Assassin's Creed? They have? Well I will again...
ASSASSIN'S CREED!!!
Plus
Crackdown (think GTA with Telekinesis!)
The Lord of the Rings: The White Council
Fable 2
Halo Wars
Halo 3
Lost Odyssey
Precursors
Two Worlds

I plan on getting Gears of War soon, but be careful of Dead Rising. ALOT of people are saying that it ruins their console (I haven't played it for that reason).

Luckily, my console came with a years guarantee from the store I got it so I should be fine............ for now!

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Plus
Crackdown (think GTA with Telekinesis!)
The Lord of the Rings: The White Council
Fable 2
Halo Wars
Halo 3
Lost Odyssey
Precursors
Two Worlds

Crackdown Vid 1

CrackdownVid 2 CRAPPYCAMVERSION.PUKE

LOTR:The White Council Screens

Fable 2

Halo Wars

Halo 3 Vid 1

Halo 3 Vid 2

Lost Odyssey

The Precursors(This looks like a very interesting game! A Russian Import to boot! SHRINKRAY FTW!!!

I can't find any info on Two Worlds on youtube, so if anyone wants to check other sites please be my guess, I'm all typed out for the moment.

Battle For Middle-Earth 2

On a Console? DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR THE CONSOLE IF YOUR COMPUTER CAN HANDLE IT!!!! Sorry to shout but the PC experience is always much superior then Console for FPS and RTS.

[edit on 18-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I don't think the White Council link you posted is actual screens, although I think the picture of the giants looks like one.

Two Worlds
Better quality Crackdown vids
The Too Human Trilogy (part 1)

I play BFME2 on the console cause my PC sucks! Everyone says get it for PC, so I'd do that (plus you get the Rise of the Witch-King expansion)

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
FPS:
GoW(Gears of War)
Halo 3 (when it releases)
CoD3(call of duty 3)
R63: Vegas(Rainbox six three :Vegas)

RPG:
Oblivion
Fable 2

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Jack, Dead Rising doesn't mess up your console. A piece of software cannot effect your hardware. Whoever started that rumor is probably someone phobic about zombies. It's most likely just some kid who kicked his console in frustration and then blamed it on Dead Rising cuz that's the game he was playing at the time. Don't believe anything you read on Video Game forums on things of this nature. If Microsoft issues a press release, then I'll believe it.

[edit on 19-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Title says it all.

My dad was lucky enough to win an Xbox 360 in a contest, so now I need to know what games are good. I'm mostly into fantasy RPGs and strategy type games, but I don't mind a good first person shooter or something now and then, too. I don't really care about sports, and I noticed in the store they have a lot of sports games for xbox, so don't mention those. (If I could get a sports game used I might get it though, but not worth full price to me)

Burnout Revenge has it all without the graphic gore. You crash into or race many different scenes and cars. You will be working on it for a month to beat it. You can also do a crash party and pass one controller to several players at a time. Let us know what you decide on!

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Game Revolution

"[We] got about 300 or so consoles to sell to us for the 360 launch - and I can tell you that from those consoles A LOT more than 5-6% of them have completely died (an informal poll comes closer to 30-50%)," the industry source said.

More interesting still was that this person witnessed even more 360 units fail when people started playing Capcom's Dead Rising around the offices.

Part 2

And Microsoft are harldy going to release something which says "playing this game on our console will cause it to fail, which will then cost you another $100 to repair."

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If they don't, they then can be held Liable for damages.

Class Action Suit filed against Nintendo

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If they say they didn't realise their was any kind of potential for damage, they can't be held liable. As far as they know, when the game was tested in their well ventilated, spacious, air conditioned office, it worked fine. However, when you get it home and place it in your confined cabinet with limited airflow, its a different matter.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Gears of War is the Biz. absolute brilliance.
if you aint got it yet you simply have to. Ive played my brothers and it is quality I am now thinking of getting an 360 myself as it is looking very appealing/tempting.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by marcopolo]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It is good but the campaign is quite short (apart from the many times you die).
However, the multiplayer is a really good replacement for the short story. You'll find yourself peeking around a corner, only to have a chainsaw forced through your torso...

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

the multiplayer is a really good replacement for the short story. You'll find yourself peeking around a corner, only to have a chainsaw forced through your torso...

lol I havent had the chance to play the multiplayer myself sounds fun though.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Title says it all.

Congratulations on winning the contest. I would suggest Need For Speed: Carbon if you are a racing fan, Oblivion for RPGs and Gears Of War for a First Person Shooter.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Why are you asking people???

You can download game demos for free...test the game out and judge for yourself.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Why are you asking people???

You can download game demos for free...test the game out and judge for yourself.

Oh... :p That I did not know. This is a good idea...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just finished Call of Duty 3 so would strongly suggest getting this. Also Call of Duty 2 if you re in to this genre of games

Quake 4 for not bad either.

One to avoid is King Kong. For me, poor storyline and poor game play.

And there are many x-box games that can be plyed with a down load from Microsoft.

Have fun

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join