It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Warns China

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Damn, just doublechecked my information and your right

Oh well, doesnt change the point does it? they still have about a billion people more than in the US

Im confident that they can still steamroll southeast asia

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost
Damn, just doublechecked my information and your right

Oh well, doesnt change the point does it? they still have about a billion people more than in the US

Im confident that they can still steamroll southeast asia

No, does'nt change the point, I just like to correct things when
I see them.

Though to be fair, they could'nt defeat India, since not only
is India a nuclear power, but it has 1.1 billion people.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yes indeed, I tough about specifying it in my post but I was unsure about wheter India was part of Southeast Asia

Edit: Oh and indeed they are a nuclear power, as China is

I don't think India and China have nuclear stockpiles to wipe each other, so a limited nuclear confrontation is a possible scenario in my opinion (as it is between India and Pakistan)

[edit on 12-12-2006 by CanadianGlasnost]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost
Yes indeed, I tough about specifying it in my post but I was unsure about wheter India was part of Southeast Asia

Edit: Oh and indeed they are a nuclear power, as China is

I don't think India and China have nuclear stockpiles to wipe each other, so a limited nuclear confrontation is a possible scenario in my opinion (as it is between India and Pakistan)

[edit on 12-12-2006 by CanadianGlasnost]

India is part of South Asia, I'm not sure what countries actually
comprise South-East Asia, though, so I was more or less
playing it on the safe side and including India.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What are we living in the middle ages? Great numbers in todays society mean squat. How about Greater loss of life?. Chinas military would be obliterated against a conventional force with the technological capability such as americas.
Chinas military popluation is to big for its own good. And your assumeing all these ppl are fit to fight. with top of the line techno.. Most of chinas military is malnutriotioned, ill equiped. The weapons are out of date resulting in weapons that just dont work. It goes on and on. Go look up Chinese opinion. Ive wrote a few things about china in there. Second page i believe is where it starts. Anyways china has a long ways to go before they ever become a 'developed nation'. Thats fact.

[edit on 093131p://222 by semperfoo]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
What are we living in the middle ages? Great numbers in todays society mean squat. How about Greater loss of life?. Chinas military would be obliterated against a conventional force with the technological capability such as americas.

Depedning on the technology, China's military is only 2-3
generations behind America's military technology, and a
significant enough amount is near enough to our level that
they would, in the case they were ever against eachother,
be equally matched.

That said, in a war against China, America would win, though
there would be many casualties on both sides.

Chinas military popluation is to big for its own good. And your assumeing all these ppl are fit to fight. with top of the line techno.. Most of chinas military is malnutriotioned, ill equiped. The weapons are out of date resulting in weapons that just dont work.

I'll agree that it's military is far to big for China's own good,
and that more than a few our malnourished, but technology
wise, the Chinese amry could still put up a tough fight.
Though that's not to say that all their weapons are up-to-date
though.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Depedning on the technology, China's military is only 2-3
generations behind America's military technology, and a
significant enough amount is near enough to our level that
they would, in the case they were ever against eachother,
be equally matched.
That said, in a war against China, America would win, though
there would be many casualties on both sides.

To be honest alot of US military Tech is classified. Sure we have specs out there on certain things but we defeniately arnt showing everything. I have know doubt that the US military is 50 years more advanced then what they let on to the public. Im sure china could inflict some damage but conventional warfare is where america stands alone. With a military budget that is $$$560,000,000,000$$$ You can be damn sure that we have some pretty amazing weapons systems.

I'll agree that it's military is far to big for China's own good,
and that more than a few our malnourished, but technology
wise, the Chinese amry could still put up a tough fight.
Though that's not to say that all their weapons are up-to-date
though.

Most of chinese military parts are russian. They import alot of their military supplies. They dont come up with anything on there own. With that said, they still can inflict great loss of life.

[edit on 103131p://222 by semperfoo]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

No where did he say or assume that anything was Americas fault.

Apparently if there is a need for the removal of heads from posteriors, it should be yours! Sadly this little statement escaped you: "Why does the U.S. always have to find problems in everything? This is just going to cause more conflict between nations." Hmmmmm, what could one surmise from such a statement? That they believe that the U.S. is cause of this "conflict." Again, this merely supports my claim that what we have here is another thread blaming the U.S.! So do NOT tell me that no where did he say that - I just showed you!

First off, if you actually get your head out of your ass, and
decide to only pay attention to one thing, you would see that
Crisis also said that this was a good thing.

And sadly for you, I focused on the entire article - which is why I bothered to link to FACTUAL information ON THE TOPIC!
By the way, nowhere did Crisis state that this was a good thing! By the way, how did you score in reading comprehension? Just curious... It would appear that you didn't do very well

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Who are the americans to tell China or anyone else how to do business, why should China open its doors to american businesses, the Chinese want to protect their own interests, and they should tell the lying evil GW Bush to F*** Off

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
Who are the americans to tell China or anyone else how to do business, why should China open its doors to american businesses, the Chinese want to protect their own interests, and they should tell the lying evil GW Bush to F*** Off

It is a little thing called the WTO. Yeah it has rules and stuff. Educate yourself.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I agree, that way America and the rest of the world can close their markets off from china. If they dont want to play by the Rules then let them play by themselves. There are plenty of other playmates on the playground.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Apparently if there is a need for the removal of heads from posteriors, it should be yours! Sadly this little statement escaped you: "Why does the U.S. always have to find problems in everything? This is just going to cause more conflict between nations." Hmmmmm, what could one surmise from such a statement? That they believe that the U.S. is cause of this "conflict." Again, this merely supports my claim that what we have here is another thread blaming the U.S.! So do NOT tell me that no where did he say that - I just showed you!

If you read any of his later posts, you would have seen both of these.

Originally posted by 1Crisis
It's nice to see the U.S. finally standing up to other countries.

In regards to your blaming America post.

What I meant was that the U.S. needs to be more lienant.

And sadly for you, I focused on the entire article - which is why I bothered to link to FACTUAL information ON THE TOPIC!
By the way, nowhere did Crisis state that this was a good thing!

Again, I'll show you, as I did above.

It's nice to see the U.S. finally standing up to other countries.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

1. Because China is part of WTO, and have to follow the rules
that they agreed on to join.

2. Because there is a world economy, letting China do that
hurts everyone else.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Why should China open it's market doors?

Becauuuuuuuse the US did open THEIR market to China?

You see, if everyone closes it's market, it will be protectionism like in the Victorian Era

You wonder Why Africa is dirtpoor? Protectionism

Pretty much all the economical unfairness is caused by protectionism on the planet

Why is it important that China liberalise their economy? Because they bound themselves to the WTO...

If you decide to get your membership at your local library, you will have to follow their rules
If you don't want the membership, Fine get the F*** off

It's the same for the WTO

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The United States is stupid in my opinion.

They can't see to figure out that everyone hates them and that, they need to become more of a neutral nation or they will just become worthlessly blown to pieces.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Actually it's 1.3 billion, we don't need to give them two-hundred
million more people than they already have.

Well actually it's more 1.8 billion. There's 1.3 legal citizens... and you know they have a birth control law... so there's a hell lot of children illegals that are not counted.

A huge part of China is rural. And they can't afford to have only 1 child to sustain the farm and all the work this farm needs... so they have illegals children, if 400 millions of chinese are rurals and they have each 2-3 children... and you had all the female babies that are being ``lost`` you have your 500 millions more than the official number.

They can't see to figure out that everyone hates them and that, they need to become more of a neutral nation or they will just become worthlessly blown to pieces.

They can't do that if they want to stay in the first place... but they are loosing this place in the next 5 years, and the end of american way of life with it.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Actually it's 1.3 billion, we don't need to give them two-hundred
million more people than they already have.

Well actually it's more 1.8 billion. There's 1.3 legal citizens... and you know they have a birth control law... so there's a hell lot of children illegals that are not counted.

A huge part of China is rural. And they can't afford to have only 1 child to sustain the farm and all the work this farm needs... so they have illegals children, if 400 millions of chinese are rurals and they have each 2-3 children... and you had all the female babies that are being ``lost`` you have your 500 millions more than the official number.

No Vitchilo, it's more around 1.3billion, China makes sure
they don't have illegal immigrants, and they keep meticulous
records of all of their citizens, and they enforce the 1 child law everywhere.

The female babies are'nt 'lost' they are purposefuly killed, it's
a really screwed up cultural thing.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallonMe

Who is going to blow us up? Just curious...

And if everyone hated us, so many countries wouldn't try to be like America. Hence the reason why people whine about "Americanization". Americanization wouldn't happen if Russians and Brits stopped eating at McDonalds, or Indian people stopped buying CD's from American rock artists.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Afterall,
where would the leading producer of cheap crappy quality products be without the leading purchaser of cheap crappy quality products?

nowhere!

we need each other, so we need to work together fairly...
if either country is hurt by our trade, then in the long run, neither does well...

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

No Vitchilo, it's more around 1.3billion, China makes sure
they don't have illegal immigrants, and they keep meticulous
records of all of their citizens, and they enforce the 1 child law everywhere.

Not in rural areas. They wouldn't be able to sutain their farms otherway. They enforce it almost everywhere else but I doubt the government's employees go in rural areas.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join