It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "art" of UFO video fakery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
hi , prompted by the debarcle of the claimed " best UFO vid i have seen " thread .

i decided to test the throry that UFO lights / blobs in the " sky " should be pretty easy to fake .

and after making this video

i am convinced that they are distressingly easy

that vid clip was shot indoors - using only 2 fixed voltage LEDs and a torch with the lens assy removed

the sounds are me attempting to manipulate all my props and the camera with only one good arm

with assistants to independantly weild the props and a modest budget for variable voltage LEDs and such [ about £20 would buy everying needed ] - i believe that a convincing fake is emminently possible .

and therin lies a conundrum , just because LEDs can be used to make a faked UFO VID - it dioes not follow that every UFO vid of indistinct blobs in the "sky " us a fake

but there are simple steps that a person who had a genuine UFO , or what they thought was genuine in thier view finder could take to assist viewers , and aid analysis .

i have made the comment in threads before " why do alledged UFOs so often appear infront of retards with no idea how to use the camera they are holding " ?

even UFOolgists who claim to know what they are doing seem to act as thier own worst enemy - either by accident or design they manage to shoot thier own invesgigations in the foot , by gross incompetance or deliberate dishonesty .

one day , i hope to see a ufo vid that makes me go WOW , but for now i seem doomed to wade through an endless sea of fakes

comments / critique wecomed .

APE OUT

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
floating lights aren't the only thing easy to fake, ships in the daylight are just as easy to fake as well, you can view the thread in my signature for more information about the video that I created as a test as well. You can also view my fake video Here. Fake UFO Abduction Video.

Now I am aware of a problem with my video where there is a slight haze around the UFO I can't see it in my monitor but some people can, I am working to take it out soon and i know exactly what I have to do.

As I said in my Fake Video Thread ,found in my signature, that Video Evidence does NOT constitute proof.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I've also made a faked UFO video just to see how easy it could be done. In the video I made, I've tried to make the UFO look like a "Beamship" model with the cloaking device active. The video can be found here:

UFO Fake

I'll wait a while before I reveal how I did it... Can you figure it out? There's no video editing involved!

Seriously, I don't bother to click on the video and picture links anymore. There are so many fakes out there now so it's completely meaningless.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKEA
I've also made a faked UFO video just to see how easy it could be done. In the video I made, I've tried to make the UFO look like a "Beamship" model with the cloaking device active. The video can be found here:

UFO Fake

I'll wait a while before I reveal how I did it... Can you figure it out? There's no video editing involved!

Seriously, I don't bother to click on the video and picture links anymore. There are so many fakes out there now so it's completely meaningless.

LOL I couldnt stop laughing when i saw that IKEA very nice job indeed. I thought for a moment you might of even been using fishing line until i saw the pole come into view.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You have to remember in many cases that the UFO is luminous, and getting a sharp clear shot is frustratingly difficult.

[edit on 13/12/06 by SteveR]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Yes fakes are very common, however there are many public spectacles that hundreds of people have witnessed that still are not explained

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I actually got a remote control UFO for Christmas, with reflective surfaces lined with LEDs so i'm hoping to get hold of a camera soon and make some fake vids with that. According to the buyer of the UFO, they aren't that expensive, so i'm sure the would be a cheap way for hoaxers to make their videos.

When in flight the RC UFO actually does look fairly intimidating.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
lol that video was really funny....

It really easy to spot a fake if you know what you are looking for even if its the most covincing one you ever saw.

- Et ships reflect no light
- Et ships have no eternal lights
- Et ships are completely silent
- Et ships reflect no radar
- Et ships hide in spectums outside our technology can't find

- and the most important Et ships will not allow themselves to be video taped unless its allowed.

what's left are hman machines
and fake videos.

AA

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Agenda
- Et ships reflect no light
- Et ships have no eternal lights
- Et ships are completely silent
- Et ships reflect no radar
- Et ships hide in spectums outside our technology can't find

- and the most important Et ships will not allow themselves to be video taped unless its allowed.

You have that all wrong;
- ET ships are polished to a high degree in order to reflect more light. They are so reflective, the light slips around the craft.
- ET ships have external lights that mimic traffic news helicopters.
- ET ships make a tremendous racket.
- ET ships are pure radar energy, responsible for all of the radar outages ever recorded.
- ET ships aren't capable of hiding from blind mole rats.

- and, ET can often be spotted in crowd shots, waving at the camera, mouthing "hi mom", using their fingers to make comical rabbit ears on innocent bystanders; in short, they are hams.

All, absolutely true in my opinion.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hohoho, Merry Christmas!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please review this link about 1-liners

[edit on 27/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
One of the reasons I find myself spending more time on films from the past. Not that such older films cannot be faked, but that there's more work and a lot more expense in doing so then the last ten.

Through it all I look for consistencies in photos, film and video, as there's not much to believe in these days -- seems to me without being skeptical first. See SETI's now having to come to grips with the recent release of previously classified docs -- that now are public in that signals have been received here on earth for many years.

It won't be all-too-long before some announcement's made re reality of EBE visitors officially. Mexico may be the first. Very strange things going on there, in their skies and I'm not sure they want to admit all-the-way what it is.. or do they?

Dallas

Dallas

Ram

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What is this then?.
dont look at it.. It might be real.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by Ram]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Ape, the moot question is why would anyone want to go to huge lengths to hoax UFO pics? Is it because of some devious satisfaction they get out of it? I'll bet It costs time and money.

But wait! These hoaxes could be part of a grand plan to debunk the very idea of ETs!! I wonder what this black project is called? So what one's gotta do is separate the wheat from the chaff. And heck, that's not easy.

Cheers!!

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
There are a lot of fakes yes, those who make fakes are a part of the coverup. Destroying the real UFO knowledge just like the goverment.

I don't need UFO evidence anymore, i has passed that part (is it real? look at this video, it's fake, it's not, blablabla). I know UFOs are real, i have seen them with my own eyes and i know aliens are here right now and have been here for longer then history can tell. People should start asking really big questions like where do the aliens come from and what are there intentions, and are aliens just aliens in physical bodies or are there "alien spirits" aswell in the astral world (soul world) etc. What's the real meaning of life, where do our spirit originate from etc. That's quests that really matters.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Ape, the moot question is why would anyone want to go to huge lengths to hoax UFO pics? Is it because of some devious satisfaction they get out of it? I'll bet It costs time and money.

But wait! These hoaxes could be part of a grand plan to debunk the very idea of ETs!! I wonder what this black project is called? So what one's gotta do is separate the wheat from the chaff. And heck, that's not easy.

Cheers!!

There are lots of reasons a person would and do fake UFO videos and pictures, mostly I think its for attention. Humans love attention and what greater attention then telling everyone you have proof positive of otherworldly creatures? There's also money to be made in various ways for faked evidence. Then there are those of us that want to see how easy and plausible it is to fake one.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
My favorite 'faked UFO' is the one where they have a somewhat unusual type of light bulb and they film through a darkened picture window. Then they focus to infinity and turn on the light bulb and start filming. It looks like it's flying over houses, but, insteady the operator just moves to the side and without reference you can't tell what's moving.

What gives it away is when the 'craft' vanishes. They just turn out the light. But they forget you can still see the afterglow of filaments.

I've seen this one on UFO shows being touted as a 'real event'.

Thing is, they sometimes fail to get a real expert in photography who can spot it immediately.

Recently they've been using more people in the film industry to help debunk some of these hoaxes, which is good.

Researchers often try to use old images to analyze but there's simply not enough data to be able to tell - the film grain is too coarse or they don't have the negative.

Remember 'Ed Walters'? I think he's still got a cottage industry going on down there in Gulf Breeze.

Those fakes sucked me into buying the book back then. Bruce Maccabee, 'Optical Physicist' supposedly verified the sightings. I think he was found to be working besides g-mnt agencies. Does anyone recall. Don't think Wiki has that part of the 'scandal', and I've forgotten it's been so long ago.

-

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Some real ufo events seem to be NASA videos.

So the uninformed get a hold of them and explain them

away like the know something.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
What is this then?.
dont look at it.. It might be real.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by Ram]

Nice, those Phoenix and Senora Desert videos on YouTube and Rense
are close to the ufos from NASA going by Space Lab.

The electric field surrounding the blob seems to have a swiching
motion like its swiming, thus not like a goose or not even a likely
bird formation.

Too bad no puffy or comb cloud formed afterwards.
See Rense for upside down rainbow, due to a gravity field
caused by electrical radiation forces ( a force field is a
gravity field).

Is it possible.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
s3.photobucket.com...

Here is the video i promised using my remote control UFO. Added some eerie noise for effect... and added some blurriness as well so it matches most other UFO videos

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ape your faked UFO looks just as good as most of the alleged UFO videos on this site. I would bet if you were to post that video here without stating that it is a fake that you made dozens of people would think its real.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join