It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "art" of UFO video fakery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I dont think these where very good fakes, sure ANYTHINGS possible with digital techniques. Anything was possible with darkroom techniques in the old days too so what. Just showing how "clever" you think you are, does'nt & cant detract from expert witness's, radar contacts and other forms of hard evidence. I would'nt trust what anyone posts on YouTube anyway but there is decades of history of this phenomina, from people much smarter than "you" (talking generally here)...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There are some really bad fakes on this site that people fall for hook, line, and sinker. Take a stroll through the UFO forum and you will see what I mean.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I had to see how easy it would be in CGI, so I gave it a try...
It looks fake but it only took 30 mins to complete... had I spent more time, look out Spielberg lol.

It's the same model I used in the ats wallpaper competition

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-3-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The best way to debunk ufology and alien visitation as a whole is by creating as much noise as possible so that most people with limmited surfing time just say "What a joke this is!"

Furthermore, by creating some very far out stories(mixed with some reality) this encourages researchers to argue among themselves as to who is correct and who is not! Great strategy...Divide and Conquer!

Unfortunately, this has worked all too well so far!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
XPhiles,

nice work on the clip, on the other hand I saw your background image towards the bottom, you bear a striking resemblance to Skeptic Overlord
, is there something going on here that we don't know?

Who's your Daddy???

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
my try:

figured i'd make it as the most fakes around, blurry as hell and all u see is a dot somewhere in the sky... think i made it a tad too large but hey, it took me 5 mins

here's the actual photo..

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'm such a dunce.

When I first saw the below section of a longer (so called UFO) video, to me it looked strange that that light is seen zipping in from the right but after I loaded that video into an editor to slow it down a tad bit, it became very apparent that it's nothing more than a cam adjustment where it's switching from zoom to normal. Clever, very clever.

I HATE HOAXES!

It's also VERY apparent that when the light on the left flares up in the first section of this clip, one can clearly see that light reflecting, for a moment or so, off the water that it's hovering directly over. Yet, according to Alien Agenda, UFO's do not reflect off of water!!

Inserted that section on a (private) You Tube page.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKEA
I've also made a faked UFO video just to see how easy it could be done. In the video I made, I've tried to make the UFO look like a "Beamship" model with the cloaking device active. The video can be found here:

UFO Fake

AHA man you made my day

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
That YouTube link is giving me the following:

"This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request."

Is that a portion of MeltedThoughts Lake Erie Royalty Making Venture? Kinda looks like it....looks like the nightvision portion of the shot. Looks like he has locked it away from the general public to prevent peer review.

Now that he's making money on it, cant have every Tom, Dick and Harry chewing on it - might make it look bad eh?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
People shouldn't be making money off of what has now been proven to be a hoax. That's totally unethical. I'm very upset about this.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think 'skywatchers' need to get some HD cams recording some UFOs - it would be VERY hard to hoax anything in such UBER resolution (1440 pixels x 1080 lines). Plus - then we would actually be able to see what it was instead of blurred images
(not only that, with that kind of resolution it would be more easy to analyze because you could magnify the image a lot more without distortion).

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I watched this "demonstration" and I saw nothing that resembles any UFO videos that I'v ever seen. Im not saying that it isnt easy to fake a video but imo that was a poor attempt.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
I watched this "demonstration" and I saw nothing that resembles any UFO videos that I'v ever seen. Im not saying that it isnt easy to fake a video but imo that was a poor attempt.

Agreed.

I think sometimes people want to come up with their own explanations and say "look what I did - so anyone can fake UFOs."

Yeah, anyone can fake UFOs, true - but 99.9% of the time they are filtered out because there are film/video experts who know what to look for. All of the examples shown in this thread (IMHO) would easily be picked as hoaxes within 2 seconds of viewing by any expert...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The thing is, photos are still only one part of a potential "proof package," that would have to include personal identification, other artifacts, expert interpretation and so on. Photos by themselves never prove anything.

Consider that for a few thousand bucks a person can make an actual, life-size flying saucer that can hover and move and land and have little kids dressed in alien suits walk out of it. Believe me, all it would take is a bit of money and an understanding of basic stagecraft.

In that case, the photo/video itself wouldn't even be "fake," since it would show a real thing happening. No Photoshop or video manipulation necessary, none detectible. The photos would be completely real, even though what they showed was a big fat lie.

That's where the other evidence would come in to prove who took the images and when, were there other people involved, do you have any hard evidence of technology or alien beings/bodies not of this earth, what do the experts say, etc.

Otherwise, all you have is entertainment. And if the photo was a real and true documentation of alien intelligence, well, that's too bad. Without the other evidence, you just have to rely on whether or not you believe it to be true. Personally, I don't like to go around having to blindly believe in stuff that has a very good chance of being crap. But if that doesn't bother you, if you don't mind being a crap believer, then congratulations.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We are in 2007 no high resolution video have seen the light of the day so far
so you can easily consider all the new videos coming out from nowhere ,let's say at least since 2000 are highly suspicious.

I suggest to EVERYBODY here who has interesting ufo footage to show to the world to upload their videos on blip.tv which will display a decent quality or uploading the file to megaupload or its concurents.

Let's forget youtube,dailymotion etc..for good please

[edit on 6-3-2007 by themaster1]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
The thing is, photos are still only one part of a potential "proof package," that would have to include personal identification, other artifacts, expert interpretation and so on. Photos by themselves never prove anything.

Consider that for a few thousand bucks a person can make an actual, life-size flying saucer that can hover and move and land and have little kids dressed in alien suits walk out of it. Believe me, all it would take is a bit of money and an understanding of basic stagecraft.

In that case, the photo/video itself wouldn't even be "fake," since it would show a real thing happening. No Photoshop or video manipulation necessary, none detectible. The photos would be completely real, even though what they showed was a big fat lie.

That's where the other evidence would come in to prove who took the images and when, were there other people involved, do you have any hard evidence of technology or alien beings/bodies not of this earth, what do the experts say, etc.

Otherwise, all you have is entertainment. And if the photo was a real and true documentation of alien intelligence, well, that's too bad. Without the other evidence, you just have to rely on whether or not you believe it to be true. Personally, I don't like to go around having to blindly believe in stuff that has a very good chance of being crap. But if that doesn't bother you, if you don't mind being a crap believer, then congratulations.

Well, being a researcher doesn't mean your a 'crap believer' - you don't have to take every account as truth - nor every photo or video, a researcher in the field of Ufology is someone who is searching for the truth about the existence of UFOs/ETs - and meanwhile sifts through 'evidence'.

As you have stated that videos are unreliable evidence and so are photos - I would tend to agree - UNLESS there is a mass sighting. Hundreds or thousands of people who have seen anomalous activity in the sky with corroborating video and photographs can not be so easily dismissed.

You seem to assume that all UFOs are fake, hoaxes, or explainable in some way/shape/form. Millions of people world wide have seen them, hundreds of thousands of photos exist, and thousands of videos exist. Even if 1% of those photos/videos/sightings where real - then something is happening.

Are you to say that tens of millions of people all over the world are lying or hallucinating?

Everyone wishes a piece of alien technology would fall into the public hands - but from my knowledge of the government (and I am no expert), that piece of technology would never hit the public, and those involved in trying to get it out would die. Sounds conspiritorial - yeah, well look at the world you live in - or do you believe the politicians who constantly get caught in lies?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
And just to expand on my post from above - what about all of the reports from our history - and ancient history that speak of UFOs?

Just one example is Egyptian Pharaoh Tutmosis 1480 BCE whom speaks about rings of fire that flew and hovered in the sky on the first day, and the next day after that then increased in number. There are SO many accounts of UFOs in history - its just so strange that people deny their existence today.

Over the thousands of years since civilizations beginning - perhaps billions have witnessed this phenomena.

I just find denial of it in the 21st century very humorous. Science believes 100% that there must be life beyond earth yet we deny that we could be being visited because humanity is the only technologically superior race in the Universe.

Why wouldn't other races in this universe be able to evolve to be more technologically advanced - since we have only really been around for what - about 2-5 million years as a species?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join